Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Re: Vick's ♢ OG Kush & Ambrosia grow- Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Hey Vic you know I'll be doing alittle peeking in. Dam them babies look great. And them roots looks fantastic. Good root means a good plant. Sorry to hear about the PM. I've dealt with it over and over. Once you get your room PM free, treat your plants as if they are infected even if not for a grow or two. Spores are pretty hardy. I even go as far as spraying up to the second week of flower. Just not under derect lights, it will burn them. I always use a weak rinse if I do spray the second week. I found a product used to kill it off when I had it bad. Stuff called Eagle 20. It resides in the plant up to 28 days so I never spray this stuff after plants start flowering. I seen someone talking about them male nanners. Iffin you don't mind I have a fresh pic of what they look like. This is a male flower showing on a bud taken at week 8 1/2;
ak_3_3.JPG

Cool program. Looks like it could be fun to tweak on. Well till laters Vic Keepem Green

Are you sure that a male flower on a female plant has a pistil coming out of it?

Are you sure that a male flower on a female plant has a pistil coming out of it?

Hope no one minds if I field this one...
No my friend, that is without a doubt a hermaphroditic flower. Commonly refered to as a "bananna", that is the female version of a male flower. Males look much differently, but those of us who've been unfortunate enough to encounter the herm, know that when that bananna opens, you will see the pollen drop and spread...Hope that clears it up:Namaste:

Vick, you've got a great start to your journal, hope you don't mind one more ridealong. I'll take a back seat and likely be quiet most times, but wanted to let you know I'm following. Those Kushes look beautiful:high-five:
See ya around:Namaste:

They do look beautiful..perfect hybrid mix

What up D!!!
Haven't seen you around much.
what's happnin with stuff?
Last I saw, you were gearing up for a 4 lighter!?

yup its a nanner no doubt i love seeing those on my plants i deliberatly let go to long to get fem seed from, funny how some strains will wait till the 20th week of flower but some are showing nanners at 7-10 weeks, it seems like sativa and sativa doms are slightly more inclined ,thats not science jusy something I have seen in my growing, may be the opposite for others
love those kushes vick im a kush fan along with my purple/blue endo love lol:thumb:

yup its a nanner no doubt i love seeing those on my plants i deliberatly let go to long to get fem seed from, funny how some strains will wait till the 20th week of flower but some are showing nanners at 7-10 weeks, it seems like sativa and sativa doms are slightly more inclined ,thats not science jusy something I have seen in my growing, may be the opposite for others
love those kushes vick im a kush fan along with my purple/blue endo love lol:thumb:

What I've had on my plants have been single male flowers, just like the books show with no pistil, if it has a pistil isn't it self pollinated already, or does the " bananna" only have part of the female genitalia, My nikon camera sucks for closeups, I'll geta pick next time I see one.

What I've had on my plants have been single male flowers, just like the books show with no pistil, if it has a pistil isn't it self pollinated already, or does the " bananna" only have part of the female genitalia, My nikon camera sucks for closeups, I'll geta pick next time I see one.
Pistils are the white hairs, brother, that turn red/orange/brown etc. as they mature. The pistil is the the part of the plant that recieves, or catches the pollen. That bananna is filled with pollen, and will open to pollenate any available female flowers within range. The Calyx, is the bulbus part of the female flower that the pistil protrudes from, and once the pistil recieves pollen from a male, or herm, will recede into the calyx and a seed will develop. I have never seen a true male flower develop on a female. Flowers on a true male look a great deal differently than a nanner....:Namaste:

Hope no one minds if I field this one...
No my friend, that is without a doubt a hermaphroditic flower. Commonly refered to as a "bananna", that is the female version of a male flower. Males look much differently, but those of us who've been unfortunate enough to encounter the herm, know that when that bananna opens, you will see the pollen drop and spread...Hope that clears it up:Namaste:

Not at all Quix!
Thanks for the chime.
:)

Vick, you've got a great start to your journal, hope you don't mind one more ridealong. I'll take a back seat and likely be quiet most times, but wanted to let you know I'm following. Those Kushes look beautiful:high-five:
See ya around:Namaste:

And thank you for joining the march Quix!

I'm honored to have you on the bus!
Seen you around when I first joined, but was too timid to introduce myself..lol
So, nice to meet you..
Just reading through your current journal now.
Congratulations on the baby!! Shottafire just had one recently too.
that's right, we busy making love up in 420!! not war!!
The wife and I are starting to make plans too..:winkyface:
anyway, feel free to pop by anytime, and please comment away.
:high-five:

hey Curso!
glad you found it!
Was trying to send out invites all day yesterday,
sorry I missed ya..
must have been all my "marketing"
lol

Pistils are the white hairs, brother, that turn red/orange/brown etc. as they mature. The pistil is the the part of the plant that recieves, or catches the pollen. That bananna is filled with pollen, and will open to pollenate any available female flowers within range. The Calyx, is the bulbus part of the female flower that the pistil protrudes from, and once the pistil recieves pollen from a male, or herm, will recede into the calyx and a seed will develop. I have never seen a true male flower develop on a female. Flowers on a true male look a great deal differently than a nanner....:Namaste:

The man knows what he's talking about right there..
proud daddy to be, will instinctively understand the birds and the bees, even with MJ..
lol

Not at all Quix!
Thanks for the chime.
:)

And thank you for joining the march Quix!

I'm honored to have you on the bus!
Seen you around when I first joined, but was too timid to introduce myself..lol
So, nice to meet you..
Just reading through your current journal now.
Congratulations on the baby!! Shottafire just had one recently too.
that's right, we busy making love up in 420!! not war!!
The wife and I are starting to make plans too..:winkyface:
anyway, feel free to pop by anytime, and please comment away.
:high-five:
The pleasure is mine friend, thanks for having me-And thanks for the kind words. No need to be timid around me, my avatar can be seen as an angry face, but can also be seen as two doves watching eachother's backs:high-five:
Besides, I'm nobody, just a guy like the rest of us:Namaste:
The man knows what he's talking about right there..
proud daddy to be, will instinctively understand the birds and the bees, even with MJ..
lol
I'm no growing guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I know nanners when I see 'em...personal experience has taught me a thing or two...

Now that you mention it?
I really like your avatar Quix
:thumb:

Hey Vick074, all's cool in my herbal world and thanks for asking sir but just have a minor problem with my hypocritical crew that needs tending to & will be back next grow with another journal. Hope all is going good and I'll try to keep up with your grow when possible. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom