V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

Starting to get a little frost
IMG_3824.jpeg

Here is a quick pic from now, I had a little time tonight as my wife went to watch the grandkids, so I did a defol. @Jon you probably can’t tell?

:morenutes:

IMG_3820.jpeg
IMG_3822.jpeg
Oh no, I can tell. That’s so sweet. I’d have taken approximately the same amount. Excellent work by you.

Oh no, I can tell. That’s so sweet. I’d have taken approximately the same amount. Excellent work by you.
I find I can keep more of the lower and skirted leaves by placing fans under the plants and blowing up. That dramatically reduces the RH in the center of the plant where it’s all bunched up a lot of times and the leaves can then breather properly, so they tend to hang around longer. I want to keep them all, but you know….lol

I find I can keep more of the lower and skirted leaves by placing fans under the plants and blowing up. That dramatically reduces the RH in the center of the plant where it’s all bunched up a lot of times and the leaves can then breather properly, so they tend to hang around longer. I want to keep them all, but you know….lol
Here is a picture from beginning of this grow, you can see the two variable speed fans that are under the canopy.

1702738013179.png

Here is a bud from my last grow, it is Sour Diesel Auto from Fastbudz. The plant yielded around 6 ounces of small dense buds.

:bongrip:

IMG_3827.png

Here is a bud from my last grow, it is Sour Diesel Auto from Fastbudz. The plant yielded around 6 ounces of small dense buds.

:bongrip:

IMG_3827.png
I gave a couple of ounces of weed away to a friend today, I saw his son a little later this afternoon and he said “that Sour D is Fire”! Always makes you feel good when people appreciate your product…

I gave a couple of ounces of weed away to a friend today, I saw his son a little later this afternoon and he said “that Sour D is Fire”! Always makes you feel good when people appreciate your product…
It’s always nice when someone else enjoys your work. Congrats 🍾 on your success. CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

Yup. I just heard from my buddy who has painful colon issues and his mom who has immense back pain and the review was that the Platinum Mimosa Cookies indica pheno is the best weed they ever smoked for their pain. That made me feel really good. Awesome genetics.

Good morning fellow Growmies, I gave the plants each about 1/2 gallon of RO water on Sunday night. Last night I watered again and added in the following to the brew, Rootwise microbes 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, coconut water powder 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, SNS-209 1/2 tablespoon per gallon, BAS BuildaBloom 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, Bas Big 6 Micro nutrients 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon. Each pot got 1 gallon. Flowers are stacking doing their thing, not any loud odors, if I put my face up to a flower to smell I get a small hint of sweetness. Hopefully the smell will get louder...

:passitleft:🌻🌻🌻🌻

Cherry 121823.jpg
Cherry2 121823.jpg

What a beautiful healthy canopy!😍👊. Well done! I can't wait to see it finish out🥰.
Thank you!

My new refractometer arrived yesterday. I will try and get a brix reading tonight at 8 pm, that will be middle of the lights on cycle.

What a beautiful healthy canopy!😍👊. Well done! I can't wait to see it finish out🥰.
Ok so I couldn’t wait til lights on… So I am more than halfway into dark cycle and I did a brix reading. WOW not easy to squeeze 3 drops from a few leaves, even after watering two days in a row… I checked using RO water which was 0.

I am seeing a very blurred line, good I guess. Looks like maybe a 13 or 14 maybe 15 % ? Pic below

IMG_3847.jpeg

Ok so I couldn’t wait til lights on… So I am more than halfway into dark cycle and I did a brix reading. WOW not easy to squeeze 3 drops from a few leaves, even after watering two days in a row… I checked using RO water which was 0.

I am seeing a very blurred line, good I guess. Looks like maybe a 13 or 14 maybe 15 % ? Pic below

IMG_3847.jpeg

Beauty! Yeah I would say 13-ish, above 12 for sure, and thats a very fuzzy calcium line, so your calcium is spot on.

Nicely done, your high brix, that's going to be a very tasty crop.

So here's the catch-22 to testing brix. What brix really is, is a measure of sugars, and sugars are produced by photosynthesis, so the more you photosynthesize, the more sugar you get, and the higher brix goes but, every time you pluck a leaf to test, you have lowered photosynthesis on the plant.

Your canopy is really thick, so if you pluck a leaf another below will catch the light, but it's something to keep in mind.

Once you are in flower every leaf counts, so test for sure if you like, but don't take too many leaves.

Now if you make a change, or try something, you can see if it increases photosynthesis or not.

From one vegetable eater to another, Great Job👊.

Beauty! Yeah I would say 13-ish, above 12 for sure, and thats a very fuzzy calcium line, so your calcium is spot on.

Nicely done, your high brix, that's going to be a very tasty crop.

So here's the catch-22 to testing brix. What brix really is, is a measure of sugars, and sugars are produced by photosynthesis, so the more you photosynthesize, the more sugar you get, and the higher brix goes but, every time you pluck a leaf to test, you have lowered photosynthesis on the plant.

Your canopy is really thick, so if you pluck a leaf another below will catch the light, but it's something to keep in mind.

Once you are in flower every leaf counts, so test for sure if you like, but don't take too many leaves.

Now if you make a change, or try something, you can see if it increases photosynthesis or not.

From one vegetable eater to another, Great Job👊.
So how often should I test the Brix level? I'm going to do another light top dress hopefully this week, time permitting...

:passitleft:

So how often should I test the Brix level? I'm going to do another light top dress hopefully this week, time permitting...

:passitleft:
As often as you like. If you took 1 leaf every 3 days then thats 10 in a month, so it adds up. It's fun to watch it and track it.
You have control now, you can watch things.

If you change the environment, does sugars go up or down? that sort of thing, or the effects of teas or top dressings.

And most importantly, if calcium starts to decline you will see it as the line gets crisper. Low calcium is a very sharp crisp line.

You have tons of leaves, have fun with it.

If you use vice grips and roll a ball of leaves, stick it between 2 nickels, and squish it with the vice grips, you will get juice.

Here is one more brix tidbit for you, because sooner or later it will happen to you and you will be left scratching your head.

Plants know when a storm is approaching. They can sense it.

They quickly transport sugars from their leaves to their roots. Usually 2 full brix points. It's so if they get sheared off, they have sugars to grow back with.

So if you measure one day and for no reason at all their levels have dropped, check the weather before you react.

If you use vice grips and roll a ball of leaves, stick it between 2 nickels, and squish it with the vice grips, you will get juice.
That makes way to much sense... I'll try that tonight...

Here is one more brix tidbit for you, because sooner or later it will happen to you and you will be left scratching your head.

Plants know when a storm is approaching. They can sense it.

They quickly transport sugars from their leaves to their roots. Usually 2 full brix points. It's so if they get sheared off, they have sugars to grow back with.

So if you measure one day and for no reason at all their levels have dropped, check the weather before you react.
HaHa! I am in So Cal and we have a storm that is supposed to roll in tonight... Weather people say we may get 4 - 5 inches of rain between now and Friday.

Back
Top Bottom