V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023

They don't fly that much the usually stay in the soil or worm bin which is a Perfect location for them ,if anything will attract bugs that will!
I definitely have some bugs in my worm bin. I've been working on getting a handle on a slug infestation in my worm bin, I think I about got a handle on them. I know member @Nunyabiz keeps the Rove beetles in his garden as well. I'll look into getting some.

Rove Beetle (Dalotia coriaria)

Dalotia coriaria is a fast-moving, soil dwelling rove beetle. It is a generalist predator that feeds on a wide range of small insects and mites but is primarily an egg predator.

The Rove Beetle is used in the control of fungus gnats, thrips pupae, moth fly larvae, shore flies, root mealybugs, springtails and other small arthropods.

The supplied adults can fly and find hard-to-reach locations in greenhouses where pests may lurk. The larvae are predaceous and resemble the adults. They thrive in damp conditions and are ideally introduced early during propagation cycles in greenhouses. Can be combined with BioStratiolaelaps to help prevent root aphids

While they are beetles, they do not quite look like beetles. They are light to dark brown in color, with adults being 3-4 mm long. BioAtheta curve their abdomen upwards (like scorpions) and can run or fly when disturbed . Since they can actively fly, they rapidly colonize the release area.

Each adult rove beetle consumes 10-20 prey per day. In greenhouse conditions, adults are non-diapausing and can be used year round especially in propagation conditions.

I just found another site where I can get 500 for about $46 US Rove Beetles here

How many Rove Beetles is it best to start out with in a small indoor grow space?

I did 500 but 100 will work. Hang a yellow sticky trap to hrlp catch the adults and the beetles Wil do the rest tgen when that trap looks like its full throw it away hang another to check progress
It's only cost $15 more for 500 with free shipping on Kiss site.

If they still persist you can you can add These as well
Stratiolaelaps scimitus is a soil-dwelling predatory mite whose nymphs and adults feed on fungus gnat larva, thrips pupae and other small invertebrates. These predatory mite stay at the base of plant stems and on the soil, rarely transferring onto the plant itself. ‘Strateos’ are most effective when applied before pest populations get well established and may be applied to propagation media. Can be used used in greenhouses, interioscapes, nurseries and outdoor crops.

Main target pests are fungus gnat and western flower thrips pupae in the soil. Additionally Springtails (Collembola), potworms (Enchytraeidae) and other small soil-dwelling invertebrates

If they still persist you can you can add These as well
Stratiolaelaps scimitus is a soil-dwelling predatory mite whose nymphs and adults feed on fungus gnat larva, thrips pupae and other small invertebrates. These predatory mite stay at the base of plant stems and on the soil, rarely transferring onto the plant itself. ‘Strateos’ are most effective when applied before pest populations get well established and may be applied to propagation media. Can be used used in greenhouses, interioscapes, nurseries and outdoor crops.

Main target pests are fungus gnat and western flower thrips pupae in the soil. Additionally Springtails (Collembola), potworms (Enchytraeidae) and other small soil-dwelling invertebrates
Keep up with the sticky traps to follow progress then implement a IPM (Integrated pest management) program to maintain it👍

I haven't heard anything pro or con about cinnamon, sorry I can't help there. I don't know if high brix deters gnats, but by keeping my brix up I don't have any pests. What are your brix readings?
I have not ever checked brix... Although I have been watching a few vids. I did just order a cheapo refractometer off the Zon, it should arrive middle of next week. So I will post my brix reading next week, I'm hoping for a lucky 13! Haha 😂...

:passitleft:

I have not ever checked brix... Although I have been watching a few vids. I did just order a cheapo refractometer off the Zon, it should arrive middle of next week. So I will post my brix reading next week, I'm hoping for a lucky 13! Haha 😂...

:passitleft:
analog or digital? you can actually do more with an analog one.
Screenshot_20231215_180058_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Similar to this in design?

analog or digital? you can actually do more with an analog one.
Screenshot_20231215_180058_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Similar to this in design?

I think it is the same one, picture below

IMG_3819.png

Perfect. Squeeze out your drop, see what it says, and if the indicator line is sharp and crisp, you are low on calcium. If it's fuzzy then calcium is good. The fuzzier the indicator line the better.

Hopefully it will arrive by Tuesday next week. What number do you try for? Do you ever hit 12?

Perfect. Squeeze out your drop, see what it says, and if the indicator line is sharp and crisp, you are low on calcium. If it's fuzzy then calcium is good. The fuzzier the indicator line the better.
Thank you for the great info on the fuzzy line and the calcium 🙏

Here is a quick pic from now, I had a little time tonight as my wife went to watch the grandkids, so I did a defol. @Jon you probably can’t tell?

:morenutes:

IMG_3820.jpeg
IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3823.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom