TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

I guess everyones definition of it would be different just as everyone probably has different considerations as to what is great weed and what is strong depending on tolerance. I consider frosty to be when the finger leaves are covered in trichomes that you can visibly see and dont need a magnifying glass to see or numerous more smaller ones to the point that the leaves have a hint of green instead of a hint of white. Leaves that if dried could be smoked and get you almost as high as the bud itself. That to me is what frosted means.

Well done Smoker.....

That's one for the answer to the question. Keep in mind that THC isn't produced till weeks 7-12, strain specific of course. Any smoke from earlier leaves will be minimum at best.

After 6 weeks in flower you should start to see lots of frosted leaves. After 4 weeks of flower you will see nugs growing but they wont be frosty yet.

So sometime in the next two weeks we should see some progress. I have looked at the buds with my jewelers loop and the trichomes are there, just not big yet. Thanks

Define frosty.....

I'm still questioning my strain as White Widow and she was showing Trichomes in week 2-3 will wide spread frost by the end of week 3. I'm now a couple days in week 4.

Asking for the sack of learning.....

I agree with Joe's definition, I'm expecting them to look fuzzy.

I guess everyones definition of it would be different just as everyone probably has different considerations as to what is great weed and what is strong depending on tolerance. I consider frosty to be when the finger leaves are covered in trichomes that you can visibly see and dont need a magnifying glass to see or numerous more smaller ones to the point that the leaves have a hint of green instead of a hint of white. Leaves that if dried could be smoked and get you almost as high as the bud itself. That to me is what frosted means.

:yummy: That's what I'm talking about!

if there's a contest to guess the weight, I'm in! I'll throw out a random number of 177 grams dried. Don't know if that's low or high... On my first grow so not sure how much the average cola weighs

177g dried. About six ounces. That works out to an ounce a plant, I think I might get more. But yours is the first vote, do you want to stick with it? I have an Excel spreadsheet set up to keep track of the estimates. I'll post an update when we get more votes.

Well done Smoker.....

That's one for the answer to the question. Keep in mind that THC isn't produced till weeks 7-12, strain specific of course. Any smoke from earlier leaves will be minimum at best.

I agree, I broke of a small branch about a week ago, it had one nice bud about an 2" long. I dried it out and blah, nothing.

Thanks for the responses.

I'll refine my answer on the dried weight. I'm still not used to the grams ounce plant conversion. I'll be back in a while with a new number.

New guess - 427 grams dried.

My two favorite numbers combined

I agree, I broke of a small branch about a week ago, it had one nice bud about an 2" long. I dried it out and blah, nothing.

Thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE]

The Trichomes will change from clear to cloudy and then cloudy to amber. THC comes in some time during this transition. If you like you could pull from her during the cloudy to taste but I would still wait for the transition to amber. Cloudy gives you a more high feeling and amber gives you a more stoned feeling. Yes, there is a difference...lol.

I'll refine my answer on the dried weight. I'm still not used to the grams ounce plant conversion. I'll be back in a while with a new number.

New guess - 427 grams dried.

My two favorite numbers combined

I'd be happy with that. I understand that good growers have gotten up to 2 pounds in a 4x4 tent. I don't think I'm anywhere near that, but anything in between would make me happy! So you have the first official estimate. We'll see if we get any more. I should try to find something interesting to give away. I, need to search for it, but somewhere I have an original Prop 19 poster from 1972. I was in the navy then and I supported the proposition and even had a official donation can from the proposition. It was the first of its kind in the country. I was stationed in Vallejo at the time and live next door to the Hell's Angels. It was a wild time in the Bay Area! I'm not saying I am going to give away the poster, but I will find something appropriate and Nostalgic.

Thanks for the responses.

The Trichomes will change from clear to cloudy and then cloudy to amber. THC comes in some time during this transition. If you like you could pull from her during the cloudy to taste but I would still wait for the transition to amber. Cloudy gives you a more high feeling and amber gives you a more stoned feeling. Yes, there is a difference...lol.[/QUOTE]

I understand the change in the trichomes and when to harvest. I like my highs to be a bit cerebral so I will probably harvest when the trichomes are 1/3 amber. Thanks for the info though, its never bad to give out information.

In case your interested, here is a link to Wikipedia's article on the 1972 CA Prop 19.

California Marijuana Initiative Prop 19 - 1972

You can see why I was involved the Bay Area passed it overwhelmingly, it was different days back then.

In case your interested, here is a link to Wikipedia's article on the 1972 CA Prop 19.

California Marijuana Initiative Prop 19 - 1972

You can see why I was involved the Bay Area passed it overwhelmingly, it was different days back then.

That's some good reading there. I wish my dad would have kept all his Vietnam era related stuff. But with his shellshock (ptsd nowadays) he didn't want any memories or reminders of that time. My experience in military wasn't that bad, so I kept random crap from OIF/OEF.

The Trichomes will change from clear to cloudy and then cloudy to amber. THC comes in some time during this transition. If you like you could pull from her during the cloudy to taste but I would still wait for the transition to amber. Cloudy gives you a more high feeling and amber gives you a more stoned feeling. Yes, there is a difference...lol.[/QUOTE]

I understand the change in the trichomes and when to harvest. I like my highs to be a bit cerebral so I will probably harvest when the trichomes are 1/3 amber. Thanks for the info though, its never bad to give out information.[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured that part out yet. Amber is what we are looking for right? I'm sure someone has that breakdown so forgive me for askmg here. What's the breakdown? Cerebral, couch lock, stoned, head high, body high? At what stage of Amber do these things come into play?

The Trichomes will change from clear to cloudy and then cloudy to amber. THC comes in some time during this transition. If you like you could pull from her during the cloudy to taste but I would still wait for the transition to amber. Cloudy gives you a more high feeling and amber gives you a more stoned feeling. Yes, there is a difference...lol.

I understand the change in the trichomes and when to harvest. I like my highs to be a bit cerebral so I will probably harvest when the trichomes are 1/3 amber. Thanks for the info though, its never bad to give out information.[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured that part out yet. Amber is what we are looking for right? I'm sure someone has that breakdown so forgive me for askmg here. What's the breakdown? Cerebral, couch lock, stoned, head high, body high? At what stage of Amber do these things come into play?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's clear/cloudy is cerebral, and amber is your body/couchlock effects.

I believe Peyton is correct.

420's Growers forum has a great section on harvesting, I found this post there It should be helpful.

When to Harvest

The frostiness has started to arrive! :party:

P5054262.JPG

That didn't show it well enough, here is a full sized picture of the top:
frosty14.jpg

Some Update Pictures:
5-5 Overview:
P5054251.JPG

Bud Pictures:
P5054252.JPG

P5054255.JPG

P5054256.JPG

P5054259.JPG

P5054258.JPG

P5054260.JPG

P5054263.JPG

Nice sized colas. Do you have little sidebranching then? If you put into flower fast the plant wont grow sidebranches and will just line the main stem with tons of flowers. Very good if you lack room

Nice sized colas. Do you have little sidebranching then? If you put into flower fast the plant wont grow sidebranches and will just line the main stem with tons of flowers. Very good if you lack room

There are some but I tried to guide most of them up through the trellis. That's why it looks like I have some many main colas for only 6 plants, plus I attempted to FIM them so maybe that worked.

Thanks for the tip on the limiting side branches.

Lookin' beautiful TrysHard!

Awesome job in there!

/Obi
:welldone:

Thanks Obi!

Looking great. I'll be at ur front door come Harvey time with a six pack and my bubbler...

I know I won't be able to resist smoking some right after its dry, but my plan is for a 4 week cure after the dry. Then bring the bubbler! :roorrip:

Them colas are crazy! I hope mine look half as good as yours come harvest time. You people are setting the bar too high for me!!
Hardly, I have confidence we'll be saying the same thing to you when you get close! :thanks:
Looking good dude.

If only I was as pretty as my buds! :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom