TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

Lookin good, TrysHard!

I'm diggin' the haircut. Can't wait to see how they fill out!

Cheers,
/Obi
:cheer:

Lookin good, TrysHard!

I'm diggin' the haircut. Can't wait to see how they fill out!

Cheers,
/Obi
:cheer:

Me too! Its killing me!

Now that I'm in the home stretch I'm getting a bit paranoid. I've had computer issues, power outages, came home smelled my grow because I miss timed my exhaust fan. I have to run it constantly from 6am to 10pm otherwise you can smell it at the front door. With the fan on its filters all the air coming out of the tent and all is good. With the weather hot now its probably for the best anyway, and I have to keep the AC on all the time now. So two power outages in the last week have me worried. Some years we have rolling blackouts to conserve energy. Usually they happen during the day when my lights are out normally, but if my exhaust fan isn't working . . . :bitingnails: .

I'm not afraid of being busted or anything, since I have a legal grow for CA. But I don't want my neighbors knowing about it, you never know how your landlord will react.

Always the hardest because your spending more and more time keep all the paramitters (sp) in order.

When I began reading from page 1 I was impressed with your ingenuity but you certainly got it dialed in.

Your a natural though. +reps from me for sure.

Thanks Renegade! You have to be clever when your on limited resources. Now that I have most everything, I'm hoping that I can grow enough to enhance my lifestyle slightly. But that's another topic all together and probably not permissible here.

Any way thanks for the props, I'll be checking out your journal also!

Looking cherry tryshard!
Thanks Shottafire! The standards are high here at :420: so I'm glad I'm able to carry the banner a little.

Looks good. Wanna see how that backbuilding goes for ya. Might try that one of these days
So many members chimed in a swore by this method so showing my trust in our community, I went for it. Already today the bud tips where I nipped it has hardened up and gone brown.

OK here is a big update for 5-3 5 weeks into bloom.

Overview 5-3:
P5024248.JPG

Cola 1:
P5024239.JPG

Cola 1 next to a GH Floralicius Plus bottle:
P5024244.JPG

Cola 2 which is the biggest bud but its all the way in the back I can't hold anything up to it and take a picture at the same time:
P5024240.JPG

Cola 3 Skinny is no longer skinny.
P5024238.JPG

Nice Bud:
P5024241.JPG

Some other Buds and look arounds:
P5024247.JPG

P5024245.JPG

P5024237.JPG

P5024234.JPG

And an experiment with this picture. I took this bud picture and imported it to paint, expanded it 100% and put little stickems on my monitor and tried to take a picture I could stitch together. Here is the picture as imported to :420:

P5024243.JPG

OK I hope this works:
top431.jpg

middle43.jpg

bottom43.jpg

What do you think?

Wow it worked! Too bad its really three pictures. This would be a cool method for plant and bud of the month!

On a side note Costco was great I took the 32" 720dp Visio I was using as a monitor back and with no receipt and I was 5 days past the 90 day no question return, but they still took it back and gave cash. For $40 more I upgraded to a 40" 1080dp. Its like sitting in front of the IMAX.

To keep this 420 related I took a picture of it with the 420 homepage displayed. Please excuse my messy desk.

P5024233.JPG

Subbed! Great job man. After seeing this grow I cant wait to pop my Blue Berry seeds after my Grape Apes! Reps your way keep it up.

Welcome I'm looking forward to your Grape Apes Journal. I have always been a fan of the "Blue" strains. When I got my chance to try original genetics I couldn't resist and I'm happy I did. Thanks for the Rep, I now have Rep beyond Repute. Went from noob to filled up in one month. Good thing I'm retired, takes me a couple hours a day to respond in all the posts I have subscribed. :420: has turned into a monster and consumed me. :circle-of-love::cheer:

so did someone give you the info on multi quoting?
its under everyones post one the right of reply with quote
click it on every post you want to reply to and on the last one hit reply with quote but don't forget to click the right button first

My next task is figuring out how to quote multiple posts in one post. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
This morning I'm dealing with another computer issue. Recently I bought a 32" Visio TV to use as a monitor and play my PS3 on. If you have bought a new tv lately they have no exterior controls. When your remote goes out, you get squat! Installed new batteries, checked to see if the sensor was blocked nothing. And since it was my computer monitor also, I couldn't go on the internet to get some help. Fortunately I still had the old monitor hooked it up and found that the IR sensors on VISIO TV are suspect. Now I have to go to Costco and return it and I can't find the receipt. I just got it two months ago. Again lucky Costco has all the records and the return should go relatively easy except for the return line at Costco.

I gave my Buds a Haircut last night using

Light Addicts Post on Backbuilding

Here are a few pictures I posted over there:
With tops on:
nohaircut.jpg

Tops Off:
withhaircut1.jpg

Where were you in flowering when you did the back bud? His journal says at least halfway thru flowering.

Looking Awesome TrysHard, I can't wait for finale weight.

Looking Awesome TrysHard, I can't wait for finale weight.

Neither can I, care to guess? Maybe we should have a mini contest closest one to the final dry weight, I'll give them something :cheesygrinsmiley:

so did someone give you the info on multi quoting?
its under everyones post one the right of reply with quote
click it on every post you want to reply to and on the last one hit reply with quote but don't forget to click the right button first

No one had answered yet, I have been cutting and pasting. Thanks a rep to you for the help.

Where were you in flowering when you did the back bud? His journal says at least halfway thru flowering.

Today is the 5th week of flower. 3-4 weeks to go.

This multiple response is a great time saver.

Question, at what time during flower do the trichomes swell and get larger. Being 3-4 weeks away shouldn't I see more frostiness? I looked there's lots of info on Blooming. If one of the experienced growers could put together a general timeline of plant development, it would be very helpful. Basically starting from seed 1-3 days germination, 3-5 days first leaves ....

Anyway, to keep it simple should I be worried about them being not as frosty as I would like. All the hairs are still white and plump, would I expect to see frostiness when they start changing? I know lower RH will make them frost up, but I understand you only want to do that the last two weeks.

After 6 weeks in flower you should start to see lots of frosted leaves. After 4 weeks of flower you will see nugs growing but they wont be frosty yet.

After 6 weeks in flower you should start to see lots of frosted leaves. After 4 weeks of flower you will see nugs growing but they wont be frosty yet.

Define frosty.....

I'm still questioning my strain as White Widow and she was showing Trichomes in week 2-3 will wide spread frost by the end of week 3. I'm now a couple days in week 4.

Asking for the sack of learning.....

I guess everyones definition of it would be different just as everyone probably has different considerations as to what is great weed and what is strong depending on tolerance. I consider frosty to be when the finger leaves are covered in trichomes that you can visibly see and dont need a magnifying glass to see or numerous more smaller ones to the point that the leaves have a hint of green instead of a hint of white. Leaves that if dried could be smoked and get you almost as high as the bud itself. That to me is what frosted means.

if there's a contest to guess the weight, I'm in! I'll throw out a random number of 177 grams dried. Don't know if that's low or high... On my first grow so not sure how much the average cola weighs

Back
Top Bottom