TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

I am very impressed TrysHard! :bravo: Your buds are a site for sore eyes! :goodjob: Great journal, I am all caught up!
Subbed for sure! :high-five:
:thanks:

Welcome Pinky! I am trying, now that they are getting so big I wish I had time machine to jump ahead 4 weeks.

Sweet, thanks for the tip I changed my post I think it should be ok now. :thanks:

Does my Coco look a little dry. This being my first Coco any advice is wanted. I am watering when it feels dry. About once a day. I understand water with water twice then with nutrients.

I will be posting a detailed update later, but I wanted to show some pictures I found on the net of other Blueberry Grows. I found a link on Calyx post for a seed genetics website which is great:

Seed Genetics

First one I found is show some plants in a similar stage as mine maybe a little more mature:
Blueberry_early_big.jpg

Here is what my buds should like when mature:
Bud_Mature_1_big.jpg

Bud_Mature_big.jpg

And after Harvest:
Blueberry_big.jpg

If it turns out like this I will be Berry Happy! :)

According to my supplier I am supposed to have the original genetics for Blue Berry. Reading on Seed Finder site I found several references to a famous breeder DJ Short. Found his site and that is where I found the pictures and the following description:

"DJ Short - Blueberry
We developed Blueberry from different new genetic lines, genetics that are unique to Europe. Not only Blueberry, but also Blue Velvet and Flo are developed from totally new genetics. These seed strains are of the highest quality and have not been grown in Europe before.

Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20%Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970`s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. Blueberry has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period.

Flowering Period: 45-55 days
Height: 0.7-1m"

FROM DJ SHORT PAGE ON SEED FINDER

Just thought I would add some more info to my journal.

Based on this information I may be sooner to harvest than I originally thought. With a flowering period of 6-8 weeks and with me now starting the 5th week, harvest will be coming up soon. I don't think six weeks will happen as they will have to develop a lot. Here is the latest picture of Nice Bud:
P4283959.JPG

But 4 weeks instead of the planned 5 may be in order.

Under an individuals profile on the left hand side you can see what looks like a Sheriff badge next to the triangle with exclamation point. Click on that under a persons profile to add to their reputation. You can leave a nice comment for the person as well. As ones reputation grows the green line above their avatar gets bigger.

I hope that helps. It took me a while to figure it out.

Remember that growing conditions will dictate how long a plant will ultimately flower. Genetics play a big part as well. The best way to determine ripeness is trichome development. I was able to get the best closeups of trichomes with a cheap 30 or 40X jewelers loop held right in front of my iPhone camera lens.

Your buds really look amazingly healthy and the 45-55 days may be about right. Nice added info by the way.

Under an individuals profile on the left hand side you can see what looks like a Sheriff badge next to the triangle with exclamation point. Click on that under a persons profile to add to their reputation. You can leave a nice comment for the person as well. As ones reputation grows the green line above their avatar gets bigger.

I hope that helps. It took me a while to figure it out.
Thanks Calyx, I just gave you my first Rep!

Thanks! It looks like your rep is understandably growing fast.
This is the most fun site and best community of peeps on the interweb. Let's all grow the best cannabis we can and share both our knowledge and nugs.
Thanks Calyx!

I am getting really frustrated with my camera. I have an Olympus E-Volt 500 DSLR. It comes with a 16MB manual. I have been messing with the WB settings which this camera has numerous and ways of even adjusting presets. But it either comes out yellow or green. If anyone has had any experience with this camera and can give me a tip that would be great. This is under the lights obviously.

I finally got my 30x -60x jewelers loop. I checked out my buds and the trichomes are still small. They are numerous but small. Then I checked out my dispensary bud, some Diamond OG. The trichomes were all clear! Obviously my dispensary who grows their own medicine is cutting corners.

Thanks Calyx!

I am getting really frustrated with my camera. I have an Olympus E-Volt 500 DSLR. It comes with a 16MB manual. I have been messing with the WB settings which this camera has numerous and ways of even adjusting presets. But it either comes out yellow or green. If anyone has had any experience with this camera and can give me a tip that would be great. This is under the lights obviously.

Do you have a smart phone or a camera on your cell phone? Those lenses are small and you can literally hold the loop right against the phone and it takes surprsisngly clear photos (if you can hold still for long enough). A trick that some people use but I don't is to cut a small piece off of a bud and place it on a table so that you can snap a more stable pic.

I've also heard that harvesting with clear trichomes does save time and cuts a corner but also has higher THC but less CBC, CBD, CBG and CBN. So it is still good to get high with just not as good of a medication. This is just what I've read somewhere and I never really believe anything unless I can see the facts.

Do you have a smart phone or a camera on your cell phone? Those lenses are small and you can literally hold the loop right against the phone and it takes surprsisngly clear photos (if you can hold still for long enough). A trick that some people use but I don't is to cut a small piece off of a bud and place it on a table so that you can snap a more stable pic.

I've also heard that harvesting with clear trichomes does save time and cuts a corner but also has higher THC but less CBC, CBD, CBG and CBN. So it is still good to get high with just not as good of a medication. This is just what I've read somewhere and I never really believe anything unless I can see the facts.
I just received some diopter filters and extension tubes for macro photos. The diopter filter don't give me as much magnification as I want. But the extension tubes do work. They are the cheap ones so I can't use autofocus. But I am able to get some pretty close pictures. I will try tonight when the lights come back on. Got a tripod also which should help with keeping the camera steady. I do not have a smart phone. My phone does have a camera but its pretty bad. I will try it though. I believe you are right on the trichomes, I think I will take my loop in with me next time and eyeball the buds. Probably freak out the bud tender.

tryshard can you give pictures of what you are talking about please. I would like to see what you mean.

Smoker,

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, my computer died and I am now responding on my new computer.

An extender tube is a light tube adapter that fits between your camera and your lens. It extends the focal length and therefore the magnification of the lens. Here is a link to a Youtube video explaining how to use it. The one I bought on Ebay was pretty cheap, like $5.00 and it has three different adapters you can combine to get different focal lengths.

A Diopter Filter is just an additional magnifying lens you can screw on to the end of the lens on your camera to increase magnification. You usually loose clarity as these lens are usually less quality than your camera's lens.

Hope this helps. I haven't had a chance to take many pictures with it as I have been dealing with the computer issue. I hope I am able to get all my pictures back. I had online backup :rollingeyes: maybe I can get them back. I will be taking some new ones for an update tonight and maybe some close up shots.

Ok so I now officially hate Windows 8. It will not let me upload pictures with the correct orientation. I have tried every method on the internet and even third party picture editors doing one by one and they still upload sideways. Well I have some close up picture I took with my new stuff today so I will share that. I may have to start taking all my pictures in landscape mode.

These first Pictures I took with the Diopter Lens these are using the +1 lens.
P4294132.JPG

P4294133.JPG

Plus 2 lens:
P4294134.JPG

Plus 3 lens:
P4294135.JPG

P4294136.JPG

10X lens:
P4294137.JPG

10X and messing with the White Balance:
P4294141.JPG

P4294142.JPG

Ok now you are going to have to live with some sideways pictures:

This was taken with a extender tube, I have three different adapters 7mm, 14mm, 28mm. I can use one, two or all three but it becomes difficult to focus because there is so little light. This is where that 1000W HPS does help.

These are all taken with out moving the camera except to focus. It is aimed at the same area of the plant in each picture.
This picture was taken with a 7mm extender:
P4294153.JPG

P4294154.JPG

My Pictures are much higher resolution than 420 can display so I took the top picture above and went to paint, zoomed it to 100% and cropped this picture out:
53closeup.jpg

14mm Extender:
P4294156.JPG

28MM Extender:
P4294157.JPG

28MM Extender at the tip of a Bud:
P4294158.JPG

100% section of the 28MM bud top:
58_full_size.jpg

And finally an new Overview picture of the Garden 4-30:
P4294144.JPG

I have been trying some different things. Until I can figure out how to get the Portrait/Landscape stuff figured out in Windows 8. I got a pretty good computer for the price but if I would have just been a little more patient I could have got an equivalent one with Windows 7.

So I took the pictures all landscape, so I had to do something different. I took my regular cola1, 2, 3 and nice bud pics but I also decided to take pictures of all the different cola groups in the tent. So basically I am giving you a look around my grow. Hope you enjoy.

First 4-30 Overview:
P4304171.JPG

One from Above:
P4304190.JPG

Cola 1:
P4304178.JPG

P4304177.JPG

Cola 2:
P4304179.JPG

Cola 3 Skinny Bud finally starting to fatten up:
P4304180.JPG

Cola 3 on 4-18:
P4163765.JPG

Nice Bud:
P4304181.JPG

Nice bud in his home galaxy:
P4304182.JPG

Ok Now for the look Around:
P4304189.JPG

P4304188.JPG

P4304187.JPG

P4304186.JPG

P4304185.JPG

P4304184.JPG

P4304183.JPG

P4304182.JPG

P4304176.JPG

P4304172.JPG

I have been messing with the white balance on my camera. I took this picture using the WB setting for high intensity light. It turns the pictures greenish with no shade, but I think it is better than the yellow look I get with the other setting. So here is a bud picture using that setting.
P4304174.JPG

Then I tried shading the bud before taking the picture and this is what I get:
P4304175.JPG

Its not correct color wise in natural light but it does give you nice details of the plant:
Here is a 100% section of the last picture:
75_Full.jpg

Hope you enjoy, I will be experimenting more with the camera to see what I can get.

Back
Top Bottom