TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

Is this LA strainbank in LA?

Looking great trys hard.

Thank you I am proud of my ladies. Yes it is, I put a link in my prior post.

When the lights came on I decided to open up the entire front of the tent to get some family pictures:

P4253866.JPG

P4253867.JPG

P4253868.JPG

P4253869.JPG

A family that grows together gets ... .... um gets chopped down together! A happy ending in 5 weeks.

I'm subscribed TrysHard, Awesome grow, awesome journal, great comparisons. I'll be checking in and following to the end. We will need a final weight count.
Have some reps on me my friend.

Hey TrysHard check out your user CP upper left corner to view your reps & likes. Just in case you didn't know.

Hey TrysHard check out your user CP upper left corner to view your reps & likes. Just in case you didn't know.
Thank you I did not know that! What a great forum this is.

Ok for todays update I have some new perspectives. I am scheduled for a nutrient change out on Monday. So you don't have to look back for it here is the schedule I am following.

My plan now is to move to the late bloom stage for two weeks see how they are doing, maybe three weeks. The strain bank I bought them from calls for a 9 week flower. I will monitor the trichomes closely and I want to harvest when 1/3 are amber.

I think I have an opportunity here to do a detailed timeline journal and let people see as much detail as possible on what I am seeing and my thinking behind the grow. I welcome all opinions and advise.

OK for the Pictures, my camera takes much higher detail pictures than I am able to upload so I cropped a few to give you more detail.

Overview 4/26 I tried a different lens shade and it cut off some of the picture, won't use it anymore.
P4263880.JPG

Cola 1:
P4263883.JPG

Close Up of Cola 1 Tip:
Cola_1_Tip.jpg

Cola 2:
P4263884.JPG

Close Up of the middle of Cola 2:
Cola_2_Body_Closeup.jpg

Cola 3 Now called Skinny Bud:
P4263885.JPG

Close Up of Skinny Bud Top:
Skinny_Cola_top.jpg

Nice Bud:
P4263881.JPG

Close Up of Bottom of Nice Bud:
nice_bud_base.jpg

And some other pictures that came out well:
P4263888.JPG

P4263887.JPG

P4263886.JPG

Experienced Growers please look carefully at the close ups and tell me anything you can about them. What do you look for as buds mature? As you can see the calyxes are kind of waxy looking, some are already turning red, but not very many.

Thanks in Advance

Subscribed. I will read from the beginning when I log back in.

Lights came on and I had to take some more pictures. Sure is fun watching the grass grow.

I held a BIC lighter next to Nice Bud to give you an idea of the size of the Colas.:
P4263889.JPG

Another Nice Bud Portrait:
P4263893.JPG

Another Overview:
P4263890.JPG

Cola 1:
P4263896.JPG

Cola 2:
P4263898.JPG

Cola 3's picture was blurry but these came out nice:
The Twins:
P4263894.JPG

Other Buds:
P4263895.JPG

P4263892.JPG

I added the Heisenberg tea 2 days ago and the water uptake of the plants has gone up a good 50%. I think it had a beneficial effect on the roots. Plan on giving each one another cup tonight.

With the amount of white hairs you still have I'd say you have at least 2-3 more weeks. Without a closeup of the trichomes it is difficult to judge them. As the hairs turn brown your calyxes will swell and then the trichomes will mature to cloudy then amber. Patience...
Your buds are amazing looking so keep doing what you're doing :thumb:

With the amount of white hairs you still have I'd say you have at least 2-3 more weeks. Without a closeup of the trichomes it is difficult to judge them. As the hairs turn brown your calyxes will swell and then the trichomes will mature to cloudy then amber. Patience...
Your buds are amazing looking so keep doing what you're doing :thumb:

I have a 30X scope and the trichomes are still small and clear. Unfortunately I can't take a picture of them yet. I am getting a macro lens for my camera which should help. Thanks for the props.

I know that we are a stealth community but we are becoming more and more mainstream. Perhaps someone in LA (CA) knows of a place where a group of like minded people can get together enjoy the fruits of each others endeavors and maybe watch Fritz the Cat or something on big screen. If you do PM me and I will help get this done.

Ok bored so I'm switching it up a little bit. I have decided to change my plans a little bit. I think I need to start the planning for the next grow now. My original plan was to take my little blueberry mother and kill it to get maximum clones. I have now changed my mind. I have just bought a little tent, 2.5'x1.5'x3'. In it I plan on getting an LED Light and a little 4" carbon filter fan setup and try my hand at a single plant LST grow in Coco.

Since I have had good luck with the place I have been getting my clones, I'll get six more of a different Strain. They now offer Cookies and I'm thinking of going with that.

Here are some pictures of the little mother starting her training. I'll guess now that the plan is to bloom her I need a new name.

P4273913.JPG

P4273914.JPG

Top View:
P4273915.JPG

Just for fun one of my recent bud pictures:

This is how I plan to train my new Blueberry Indica. I hope to keep it compact and small. To see what can be grown in a tiny space with training.

I hope to start blooming as soon as the side branches develop from the topping.

Hey bro,

I like your new plan!

Just a heads up though, if you can still edit your earlier post, I would suggest changing the name of your prospective new strain to just "Cookies" You will get moderated by :420: magazine for using the whole name because of it's something that deals with kids. I know this because I got edited in my first journal for that exact reason. Cookies. Actually, There was only 1 strain in the first grow that didn't break the rules :laughtwo:

Cant wait to see your training!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom