Trusted A Fart: Got This Shitshow

Was that an enormous change order or do they always pour a solid slab and jackhammer regardless of what's going where afterward?
I was thinking along the same lines. Why not leave trenches in the foundation when it's poured?

But I'm clueless! :)

Was that an enormous change order or do they always pour a solid slab and jackhammer regardless of what's going where afterward?
Tore down an existing home; old slab is staying, but being added on to in certain areas.
I'm trying to get the main septic trunk in below the original slab so it won't be damaged when they pour concrete in all the new "add on" sections.

It's a tough one because I'm having to pull measurements off of edges that aren't there yet. LoL
All the dark grey areas are going to be formed up & poured next week.
1000004747.jpg

We found enough flat surfaces to get it going though. Cross the other hurdles when they arise. 🤣

:thanks:

New construction on top of old!
This job has been under my skin since we bid it.
I don't mind the concrete work or all the burnt hair from trying to get accurate measurements..... The home that was there 3 weeks ago, was beautiful! It sold for almost $800k & they tore it to the ground.

Said it was cheaper than trying to renovate... 🤯

Did they have to do a new survey?
Somewhat.... it's in a "high-dollar" gated community. They have pretty strict city inspectors. It's also on the lake, so the LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority) has a few inspections along the way.

I'm not sure everything the builder was required to do, but this one falls in a highly regulated area, so I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Regardless, they had it ready for me within 2 weeks of my bid.

Back
Top Bottom