Trala’s Tent

Thank you! :)

I can’t believe I’m only really seeing her now. She is such a unique looking plant.

I love these plants so much. They are in my Top 10 favourite things atm
It gets worse over time T. Head is always thinking of growing or associated thoughts to it. That's what makes the 'you know your a grower when " thread so amusing . 1st thoughts on waking, last thoughts on sleeping.lol bloody hobby indeed....
Your next one will be even more enjoyable now you actually know what to expect of the cycles. You can plan ahead and make conscious decisions on sizes and shapes too. So stoked that this has gone so well too. Love the appearances of the ladies too.

It gets worse over time T. Head is always thinking of growing or associated thoughts to it. That's what makes the 'you know your a grower when " thread so amusing . 1st thoughts on waking, last thoughts on sleeping.lol bloody hobby indeed....
Your next one will be even more enjoyable now you actually know what to expect of the cycles. You can plan ahead and make conscious decisions on sizes and shapes too. So stoked that this has gone so well too. Love the appearances of the ladies too.
Thanks so much :)

I hope so.

How long do you think it will be till I pick them?

Thanks so much :)

I hope so.

How long do you think it will be till I pick them?
Most fkowering cycles tend to be around 8 weeks for indica and 9-11 weeks for sativas but with hybrids they can take on either prwf but generally between 8-12 max for majority of weed plants. The issue of how long is usually a difficult answer too. Some of us count flowering weeks from the date we switch the light and some of us count from when the llant shows a real flowering pistol on a main head ( not the sex pistils(no punk joke intended!) that show at the bract !)). I count my weeks from when I see an actual flowering pistil and flowess starting. This is usually about 10 days or so after the flip and stretch is well underway. The slowing down of stretching is the plant adjusting to her flowering transition being complete so I count this as day 1 flowering. I do this as i find it gives a very accurate flowering time based on the expected one that is written by my the breeders. It saves a good few weeks of anxiety at the end , convincing myself that they should be done now and something has gone wrong !!. I see so many growers here commenting on taking longer than breeder recommended times and this is the reason why in my opinion. Breeders want to sell seeds so advertise them as best they dare. This becomes a race to flowering completion driving the sales pitch situation too so at our end , it causes growers to over estimate actual flowering times and spend weeks stressed that they are not going amber yet. This is also why we use a loupe to watch the trichromes and not the brown hairs alone on the outside.
What week flowering are you in and remind me of when we started cou ting yours flip or actual flowers?.

Most fkowering cycles tend to be around 8 weeks for indica and 9-11 weeks for sativas but with hybrids they can take on either prwf but generally between 8-12 max for majority of weed plants. The issue of how long is usually a difficult answer too. Some of us count flowering weeks from the date we switch the light and some of us count from when the llant shows a real flowering pistol on a main head ( not the sex pistils(no punk joke intended!) that show at the bract !)). I count my weeks from when I see an actual flowering pistil and flowess starting. This is usually about 10 days or so after the flip and stretch is well underway. The slowing down of stretching is the plant adjusting to her flowering transition being complete so I count this as day 1 flowering. I do this as i find it gives a very accurate flowering time based on the expected one that is written by my the breeders. It saves a good few weeks of anxiety at the end , convincing myself that they should be done now and something has gone wrong !!. I see so many growers here commenting on taking longer than breeder recommended times and this is the reason why in my opinion. Breeders want to sell seeds so advertise them as best they dare. This becomes a race to flowering completion driving the sales pitch situation too so at our end , it causes growers to over estimate actual flowering times and spend weeks stressed that they are not going amber yet. This is also why we use a loupe to watch the trichromes and not the brown hairs alone on the outside.
What week flowering are you in and remind me of when we started cou ting yours flip or actual flowers?.
OMG what’s a loupe? Seriously sounds like a Spanish guy! Loupe and I are just chillin eatin paella and livin the Spanish dream ;)

Look I’m not a huge fan of all this counting business. It’s all waaaaaaay too numbery for me. Fucked if I know! Lollinggggggg!

I think I’m counting when my girls started to flower.

OMG what’s a loupe? Seriously sounds like a Spanish guy! Loupe and I are just chillin eatin paella and livin the Spanish dream ;)

Look I’m not a huge fan of all this counting business. It’s all waaaaaaay too numbery for me. Fucked if I know! Lollinggggggg!

Jeweler's Loupe (it's a high power magnifying lens that lets you get a good look at the trichomes).

This is a jeweler's loupe:
1596541455210.png

I use a pocket microscope which I find easier:

1596541517000.png

Hey Loupe , bring the car round front, there's a good chap lol.
As in jewelers loupe , magnifying glass/ mini microscope. This is where the checking the plants up close comes into play T. You will be able to get really deep into the structures of the trichromes and see their little clear globes sitting on top of a stalk This is what frost is made up of and when you use the magnifying lens , you will see they are actually little globes . These gloves are what we get high from mainly and what we wait to start going more opaque and then starting to go amber ( harvest sweet spot). They have a waxy coating on them that keeps them active. This melts when we smoke/heat them up and releases the thc etc.. Also why i am curing the hash slowly in the hope of it degrading and melding the trichs into potent hash. Did you see the nice lump i got from the 1st run Btw ?. Save that trim when you do it T. Freexmze it and make some hash too. No waste.

Jeweler's Loupe (it's a high power magnifying lens that lets you get a good look at the trichomes).

1596541455210.png

1596541517000.png
Have to agree Mr K. Prefer the microscope for ease and view too.

1596541455210.png

1596541517000.png
Oh see here in Australia we call them a looky looky magnifying thingamading. And when I say “we” I mean me.

So we all know I’m not the brightest star in the sky aye? I bought one early in my grow because I thought I needed it to sex them, ugggh another public journal humiliation, and I have such trouble trying to focus to look through it. I always start by closing the wrong eye, then once I work out which eye needs to be looking through it I’ll sort of focus on what I’m looking at then I lose focus.

I could never work out a telescope either. Its a shame really, because it meant I had to say goodbye to my dream of becoming a star gazing microbiologist.

I was meant to practice using it but saw something sparkly then forgot. I’ll get it out today and practice.

What am I even looking for?

Oh see here in Australia we call them a looky looky magnifying thingamading. And when I say “we” I mean me.

So we all know I’m not the brightest star in the sky aye? I bought one early in my grow because I thought I needed it to sex them, ugggh another public journal humiliation, and I have such trouble trying to focus to look through it. I always start by closing the wrong eye, then once I work out which eye needs to be looking through it I’ll sort of focus on what I’m looking at then I lose focus.

I could never work out a telescope either. Its a shame really, because it meant I had to say goodbye to my dream of becoming a star gazing microbiologist.

I was meant to practice using it but saw something sparkly then forgot. I’ll get it out today and practice.

What am I even looking for?
Start here:

Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

Then, come back and ask me why I don't believe trichome color to be the best indicator of when to harvest! ;)

Look I’m going to be honest, I think I’ve almost suffered a mini stroke trying to work this out.

I think I’m Day 36 of bloom if I follow Bills “first bit of grass on the cricket pitch“ analogy.

Week 15 of my grow.

Day 52 post flip 12:12 flip

Theres 1 hour 36 minutes I ain’t getting back....

Lolllllll

Thanks Special K

I’m gonna be honest. This is all wayyyyyy to sciencey for me.

Is there an easier way?
Yup! What I always recommend is, once she gets into the "harvest window" start taking small samples, quick-dry, and pull her when she's where you like her. If you note the trichome color then, you'll know when to harvest the next time you grow that same strain.

You'll know she's in the harvest window when you see the white pistils turning amber and then basically get engulfed by the buds as they swell. They also start drinking much slower so pots take longer to dry out.

The trichomes are the small mushroom like structures on the sugar leaves and buds. It's where the THC and other cannabinoids are stored and what people are after when they make extracts. It's the frost! To make it easy, let them go for a full 70 days of 12/12 and you should be good with most Indicas & hybrids. You just don't want to see a lot of those white hairs (pistils). Biggest mistake newbs make, IMHO, is harvesting too early. They put on a lot of weight in their last few weeks (called "the swell" cuz' the buds all increase in size/weight).

You can see the trichomes in this pic:
full

Back
Top Bottom