Trala’s Tent

Quote from Tra…

So my plan is to soap spray everyone on Sundays, neem the veggers on Wednesday or Thursday, and when should I Iso? I’m going to write these instructions down so I don’t forget again, and sorry in advance if you’ve already told me. I had a look back but I can’t find the nit directions.

soap spray on Sunday…. rinse it off on Monday

personally I have never used Neem right after using Safers Soap….. so I can’t advise

iso is for the flower chicks only - right?

sorry doll - that’s all I’ve got…..
Omg I’m never going to get a handle on these mites!

It’s just too hard. I just looked at MC Bee and she has at least one live nit per leaf. That neem drenching seemed to do sweet FA!

I think I’m going to flip the Tangie tomorrow coz I can’t fit her in the tent!

Hey how’s this for cool. I mentioned in this thread that my seeds hadn’t come (which I expected to be delayed due to covid), and the Herbies seed Dude must have read it coz he sent me an email out of the blue enquiring about them and asking how he could help. So there’s a solid customer service tick ✔️

Just looked at the tracking and my seeds are officially on their way. They have cleared customs and are in my state!

So far I say Herbies Seeds FTW!

Thanks to great sponsors like @Herbies Seeds for looking after our girl @Trala - who is Living In a Land Down Under….
E56B53CA-0093-4E6D-ACC2-DD755C6871E0.jpeg
!

Happy Sunday friends :) :) :)

Here’s my Sunday Summary.

Mimmy is a hot mess. Her structure is awful, her canopy is non existent and she has gaping holes where branches should be. On the upside tho, her buds are filling out, she smells divine and her nits are semi under control. I am so disappointed in myself that I couldn’t do her justice.

Mimmy Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Barney’s Seed
Days in Veg 68
12:eyebrowsmile: 9 Days before flower
Days in Flower 34

117DF175-996B-4EC9-9E75-FB8A6FF748D9.jpeg

2BFD05B1-D33C-4848-837A-C4C44F5F5F30.jpeg

This plant is the best Peyote Critical I’ve produced yet. No doubt I’ll ruin her like I do all my flowering plants. For now she is lovely.
Merrie Bee aka Peyote Critical
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 61
12:12 Day 9 Days before flower
Days in Flower 9

1CD48557-4BD2-4EF5-AAFD-18E69BF18737.jpeg

Again I think this might be the best Tangie I’ve grown too. I’m going to Flippity Doo Dah tonight :) She has minimal nits. Omg her foliage is fucking lush. She is a light green, but not bad light in colour. She is a beautiful shade of vibrant lime.

Tee Bee aka Tangerine Dream
Monstercropped Clone
Days in Veg 78
12:12 Tonight!

6C0F74B5-96B1-4B84-863D-D47A41F7F6D4.jpeg

I love this plant. She is giving me a second shot at Mimmy. She really reminds me of her too. She’s so lanky and she’s all arms and legs. I can’t believe I still haven’t nipped those bad leaves off her lolllll she has a tiny bit of nit damage.

Bubbles Bee aka Mimosa EVO
Regular Clone
Days in Veg 41

6DFD7F04-7649-4FFF-A482-8605D929B57D.jpeg

The fraternal freak twin. She literally has branches coming out of branches. I’m really interested to see how she grows. I desperately need to get her nits under control tho. She is the most effected. I literally drowned her in that nit soap tonight. That’s why she and Bubbles look droopy.

MC Mimosa aka Mimosa EVO
Regular Clone
Days in Veg 41

7A13DCCF-98EF-4E23-A0A4-73509ADA6E0E.jpeg

This plant is such a non event so far. Her growth is super slow. If she strikes I’ll prolly give her away.

Tawny Bee aka Tangerine Dream
Failed Pearlite Clone
Days in Veg 39

959C3326-8C33-4D1F-B0A7-BC35A7425FC4.jpeg

Twinning

338FAA13-E5E4-468F-B44A-BA3A39363BFE.jpeg

The Familam

0EB72D3B-5AE1-44CE-A657-961B8A9F8FBA.jpeg

Bedtime on the post nit spray veg stand (OH&S Fail…) and the flower room, as you can see, it’s packed in there lolllll

7593BC60-99E0-4194-8A76-AC759D870744.jpeg
67CA7C28-A60C-4645-9A60-70346ABA4256.jpeg

Serious question tho. Do you think the reason I fail flower is coz I have too many on the go? I was thinking maybe 2 flowering 2 vegging might be better. I’m really struggling to keep the spider mites off them. Or do you think I veg too long? I’m open to feedback. It’s so devastating to get veg so right then flower so so wrong.

Look at Tee in the flower room, then look at Mimmy. Mimmy used to look like Tee; beautiful and vibrant. She was such an exquisite veg plant.. until I flipped her n fucked her lollllinggg!

The mites/nits take a lot out of a plant, especially in flower. You grow beautiful full plants. Ideally, you will find a way to be rid of the nits for good. Some even resort to starting over. Some here call it the Borg. The Borg scares me. :rip:

What are nits? You must be using a different word for some bug. Here a nit is head lice. Like a gnat?

You could try some predator mites. Sounds like you have a harder environment to grow in for flower.
I asked before, nits are spider mites. At first I was thinking a fungus gnat was a nit.

In that case, see if you can any or all of these? Maybe you have different predators where you are but we have these. Not sure if you need an organic grow for them to work(stay alive) though, but the next things I'm going to try are all natural but I'm in organic soil.

"
Persimilis is the main predator of spider mites and is the only one that will go directly into the webbing to eat them. They do best at a humidity of at least 60%, or you can help by misting your plants twice daily to keep the environment humid (pest spider mites love dry conditions). It may be necessary to reintroduce them after 7-10 days if you're dealing with a heavy infestation, or conditions are sub-optimal.

Fallacis are the best predator of spider mites if you seek to be preventative. They can also be introduced at the same time as persimilis, and after the persimilis have done their work, the fallacis will stick around on your crop feeding on pollen as well as helping to subdue future outbreaks of pest mites on your plants. They can even be introduced on "clean" plants. Fallacis has a varied diet that includes bamboo mites, spruce spider mites on a wide variety of crops from field berries to container nurseries and greenhouse vegetables.

Stethorus are a small black ladybird beetle that are a great predator of pest mites as well. They have two advantages over the predatory mites: they are good flyers, and they are more tolerant to lower humidity.

They are meant to be used as "hot spot" treatment, alongside the mite predators above. They are expensive to rear so realistically are to be used as a supplement as these predators will fly freely to find new mite spots."

Hey how’s this for cool. I mentioned in this thread that my seeds hadn’t come (which I expected to be delayed due to covid), and the Herbies seed Dude must have read it coz he sent me an email out of the blue enquiring about them and asking how he could help. So there’s a solid customer service tick ✔️

Just looked at the tracking and my seeds are officially on their way. They have cleared customs and are in my state!

So far I say Herbies Seeds FTW!
Did someone say seeds?! On my way to @Herbies Seeds !

Twinning

338FAA13-E5E4-468F-B44A-BA3A39363BFE.jpeg

The Familam

0EB72D3B-5AE1-44CE-A657-961B8A9F8FBA.jpeg

Bedtime on the post nit spray veg stand (OH&S Fail…) and the flower room, as you can see, it’s packed in there lolllll

7593BC60-99E0-4194-8A76-AC759D870744.jpeg
67CA7C28-A60C-4645-9A60-70346ABA4256.jpeg

Serious question tho. Do you think the reason I fail flower is coz I have too many on the go? I was thinking maybe 2 flowering 2 vegging might be better. I’m really struggling to keep the spider mites off them. Or do you think I veg too long? I’m open to feedback. It’s so devastating to get veg so right then flower so so wrong.

Look at Tee in the flower room, then look at Mimmy. Mimmy used to look like Tee; beautiful and vibrant. She was such an exquisite veg plant.. until I flipped her n fucked her lollllinggg!
I always want to grow more than less… probably to my detriment… so sorry about you nits! They make my gnats look minor.

In that case, see if you can any or all of these? Maybe you have different predators where you are but we have these. Not sure if you need an organic grow for them to work(stay alive) though, but the next things I'm going to try are all natural but I'm in organic soil.

"
Persimilis is the main predator of spider mites and is the only one that will go directly into the webbing to eat them. They do best at a humidity of at least 60%, or you can help by misting your plants twice daily to keep the environment humid (pest spider mites love dry conditions). It may be necessary to reintroduce them after 7-10 days if you're dealing with a heavy infestation, or conditions are sub-optimal.

Fallacis are the best predator of spider mites if you seek to be preventative. They can also be introduced at the same time as persimilis, and after the persimilis have done their work, the fallacis will stick around on your crop feeding on pollen as well as helping to subdue future outbreaks of pest mites on your plants. They can even be introduced on "clean" plants. Fallacis has a varied diet that includes bamboo mites, spruce spider mites on a wide variety of crops from field berries to container nurseries and greenhouse vegetables.

Stethorus are a small black ladybird beetle that are a great predator of pest mites as well. They have two advantages over the predatory mites: they are good flyers, and they are more tolerant to lower humidity.

They are meant to be used as "hot spot" treatment, alongside the mite predators above. They are expensive to rear so realistically are to be used as a supplement as these predators will fly freely to find new mite spots."

Great info but will introducing good insects to help control the nits work outside? Won't they fly away or something?

Great info but will introducing good insects to help control the nits work outside? Won't they fly away or something?
I don't use predator bugs, one of the reasons was given in the post, namely that the predator bugs often like the exact opposite environment as the target. If spider mites like dry, hot conditions and the predator bugs like cooler, moist conditions, then they likely won't be found in the same place at the same time.

Seems like you could change the environment with misting or something to encourage the good bugs, but then you would also have made it less hospitable for the bad ones in the process.

But, like I said, I don't use 'em so I am unqualified to help.

I don't use predator bugs, one of the reasons was given in the post, namely that the predator bugs often like the exact opposite environment as the target. If spider mites like dry, hot conditions and the predator bugs like cooler, moist conditions, then they likely won't be found in the same place at the same time.

Seems like you could change the environment with misting or something to encourage the good bugs, but then you would also have made it less hospitable for the bad ones in the process.

But, like I said, I don't use 'em so I am unqualified to help.
They'll usually stick around as long as there's food for them. It's one of the issues with ladybugs. Once they've eliminated your aphid problem they fly off leaving your plant open to be re-stocked with aphids by the local ants, or an aphid that slipped by them.
Another issue is finding a predator that is allowed into your area, especially somewhere like Australia which has had a huge problem with invasive species. If that predator doesn't occur naturally, there's no telling what effect it'll have on native species.

They would leave once the food source is gone.

Predator mites that eat spider mites are available in Australia. Persimilis are native to Australia. I imagine some of the others are as well.

Edit: Apparently Californicus are cheaper and survive a wider range of conditions. They also seem to be available AU.

Edit2: Actually found a good AU website with awesome info. Bugs for bugs , they have fact sheets on the different predators and how to deal with different problems. They may also sell them.

The mites/nits take a lot out of a plant, especially in flower. You grow beautiful full plants. Ideally, you will find a way to be rid of the nits for good. Some even resort to starting over. Some here call it the Borg. The Borg scares me. :rip:
Omg I hope so.

And it is the Borg. I’ve just resprayed MC coz I saw a couple of live mites.

So annoying.

What are nits? You must be using a different word for some bug. Here a nit is head lice. Like a gnat?

You could try some predator mites. Sounds like you have a harder environment to grow in for flower.
They are spider mites.

And once they get in they ruin my plants. Well not ruin but severely effect.

I wrecked Mimmy by not reading the sprays directions, coz I’m a fucking moron.

11EA775D-9D01-4FAB-8E86-54D28E36DEE7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom