Timing the cationic drench

These 9-10week Sour Tangies just got Cat#1 on day 24

IMG_20161204_161445_zpsz250pobd.JPG

Have you taken any brix measurements on those? They look like a leather version of the standard plastic plants. :love: They have way too many trichs though ...

Velly velly nice, Sir. :bongrip:

I have not gotten into brix readings at all.

IMO my main struggle aside from frankenplants is low humidity, I have a real hard time boosting it during daylight (it usually sits between 22-33%rh).

Ill probably get a decent humidifier someday.

Pretty happy with the early trichs tho.

IMO my main struggle aside from frankenplants is low humidity, I have a real hard time boosting it during daylight (it usually sits between 22-33%rh).

:cheesygrinsmiley: Stressed plants do have their rewards.

I did "ok" with uncontrollable humidity, but it sure puts the plants in a difficult position. If anything else goes a little south, they react badly. :straightface: It helps that this method uses foliars, so we have all the gear. I bet a pure water spraying a couple times a day would make a big difference in the plants, if not the total humidity. It'd drop pretty quickly, but the plants would get wet and they'd hold it in the tissues and their own close atmosphere a lot longer. Kinda like a morning and evening mist rolling through the desert each day. A lotta extra hassle, but ... :hmmmm:

They look about 12/13 from what I can tell in that pic :)

I see humifiers all the time at Goodwill, disabled vets, etc.
I prefer the 3 gallon model I paid retail for :)

That girl is gorgeous!

Ive got a pharmacy humidifier, but my cubic feets seem just too much for it, it really doesnt move the rH's

I started out using a whole basement dehumidifier (I lived next to a swamp,surrounded by streams.)

In the winter, the basement dried out so I used a Honeywell multi-room humidifier. I paid about $100.
It uses two(2) 1.7-gallon tanks, has a humidity sensor/adjustment knob and can empty itself in about 6 hours on high.

It did a good job for two winters managing a 40x70' basement. In a room that long, there was a humidity gradient from one end (HVAC, grow rooms, teen hangout) and the other end (water suppy, storage, and utility boxes.) It probably works best at a maximum of 900-1000 sq ft. (7000 cu ft)

If I would ask for an improvement, it would be to use tanks that fill from the top instead of tanks that have to be lifted up and filled from the bottom. At least 1.7 gallons in each hand is a reasonabe weight to carry from the water supply to the humidifier.

Honeywell multi-room humidifier. (I haven't used it yet this year - probably pretty soon.)

20161208_154025.jpg

I started out using a whole basement dehumidifier (I lived next to a swamp,surrounded by streams.)

In the winter, the basement dried out so I used a Honeywell multi-room humidifier. I paid about $100.
It uses two(2) 1.7-gallon tanks, has a humidity sensor/adjustment knob and can empty itself in about 6 hours on high.

It did a good job for two winters managing a 40x70' basement. In a room that long, there was a humidity gradient from one end (HVAC, grow rooms, teen hangout) and the other end (water suppy, storage, and utility boxes.) It probably works best at a maximum of 900-1000 sq ft. (7000 cu ft)

If I would ask for an improvement, it would be to use tanks that fill from the top instead of tanks that have to be lifted up and filled from the bottom. At least 1.7 gallons in each hand is a reasonabe weight to carry from the water supply to the humidifier.

Honeywell multi-room humidifier. (I haven't used it yet this year - probably pretty soon.)

20161208_154025.jpg

Thanks for the review, sounds like an affordable unit that works.
I had purchased one of vicks types at a walmart which did not seem to do the job all that well.

here they were on my last post, having just recieved cat#1 on day 24

IMG_20161204_161445_zpsz250pobd.JPG

3 days later they got cat number 2
Today I gave them a trans with a little GE in it, 2 days since cat2, day 29

cat_2_day_29.JPG

2_days_after_cat_2_29.JPG

I feel I should be recharging this soil in week 2 or 3 as the fade seems to come so hard to them. They've gotten bloodmeal and epsoms in the last week or 2 as well, next feed will get some ewc with the recharge and then auto pilot the last month.

Re: when i read all the brix content 3x, i guess i need to do it harder

wish i heard that before....only like...7 runs in....

I waited until week 3 of bloom, which is in the instructions, but that hit right at my cat. I did all 3, RC, EWC, and cat because I was scairt of soil bottoming out after cat. Because of that time frame I'm doing my next RC early as well, week one it is!

Back
Top Bottom