The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Straight dirt my friend. I've only ever lost 2 beans in straight promix. Bury them deep too. Let them stretch in the soil before breaking ground. Seems to help them slow down above ground when the roots are a little deeper to start.
I've never enjoyed messing around with seeds that are popped either. Always afraid of hurting them. My best success always come from soil.
Idk about hydro set ups. Rock wool to coco maybe? Idk not a hydro grower lol
No I just had them too far from the light.... they WERE healthy. Just not enough energy to convert...

No biggie upwawrd and onwards! The cfls will be good for them. Better than 4.5 feet away from a flower spectrum QB in the shade of the other plants hahaha. Wake up dabber.

Aw dude - sorry to hear your germination troubles. Is it terminal when your seedlings topple over? Mine were the same but I propped up the little stem with more soil and they pulled through OK.
I had one propped up and it was doing good then the other one flopped and I just said fuck it.... not how I want to stress my potential gene donors. Urg.
Worse than losing a seed from shaking the sandpaper matchbox?
Hahaha maybe? Yours seemed like an accident. My mishap was just udder stupidity! Well I killed strawberry kush #1 With too much light and over compensated for these.... lesson learned. Life "Grows" on right???

Idk if it means anything but I find cfl like 4" from the top of the soil the best solution for seedlings the first week.
Agreed! That's normally the route I go. But for some dumb reason didn't... amature move! I was bummed but over it now. Maybe those were all gonna be females anyways ..

The pure power plant that was cracked never popped .. Was hoping to cross it with the ATF and get the medicinal benefit of the ATF and the lack of tolerance build from the PPP. But after I flip these I'm hoping to pop the 2 nukes, 2 papaya regs and 2 blueberry regs!!!

Agreed! That's normally the route I go. But for some dumb reason didn't... amature move! I was bummed but over it now. Maybe those were all gonna be females anyways ..

The pure power plant that was cracked never popped .. Was hoping to cross it with the ATF and get the medicinal benefit of the ATF and the lack of tolerance build from the PPP. But after I flip these I'm hoping to pop the 2 nukes, 2 papaya regs and 2 blueberry regs!!!

If I can I'll seed the ppp this year so I get more. I'm hoping to do a large seed crop outside

No I just had them too far from the light.... they WERE healthy. Just not enough energy to convert...

No biggie upwawrd and onwards! The cfls will be good for them. Better than 4.5 feet away from a flower spectrum QB in the shade of the other plants hahaha. Wake up dabber.

No worries brother, you will nail it. Just an idea for you....have you ever considered getting one of those small T5s (I like the two foot version with 4 bulbs....5400k spectrum) just to run seedlings under? The T5s usually can be nice and close (I run mine about 6-8 inches away) and won't burn the or cause stretching. I keep them under there for about 2 weeks before moving them to LEDs or the bigger T5 to veg some more. They are cheap relative to any other form of lights, and now they have different colored bulbs that you can add to make a better spectrum (Supposedly).

No worries brother, you will nail it. Just an idea for you....have you ever considered getting one of those small T5s (I like the two foot version with 4 bulbs....5400k spectrum) just to run seedlings under? The T5s usually can be nice and close (I run mine about 6-8 inches away) and won't burn the or cause stretching. I keep them under there for about 2 weeks before moving them to LEDs or the bigger T5 to veg some more. They are cheap relative to any other form of lights, and now they have different colored bulbs that you can add to make a better spectrum (Supposedly).
I do T5 also for seedlings, it's also my veg tent light, 8 bulb usually only 6 bulbs, mix of 6500 and 3100 spectrum
I have a blueberry now streatching like Kareem Abdul Jabar....lol

Sorry it's been a while but as promised this thing here takes the back track to what's happening over in the tub!

So we finally have 2 more ATF kiddos above surface!

One looks super healthy and normal, and the other is a runt, so I'm hoping she is my female .

840a0ffb6840c0b913404816dd9d9020.jpg

I'm going to check the last bean of the 3 in the paper towel today. The 3rd took longer to pop so I'm hoping it's the same deal!

Ivy got a MUCH needed transplant! She will get some microbes tonight. Not nearly as root bound as I had suspected! But will certianly love the 3 gallon soft pot.

Mama G is killing It! Trying to catch up to IVY.

And baby G

8dcd2083956eba4cc7f86d5e93210997.jpg

1e40cfb091e8524d00416c722830aad8.jpg

Monster of a crop she is! Lol that crazy twisted one leaf growth though?!?!

Well I had a productive ass morning!!! Cleaned the entire grow space out and sprayed and wiped down with bleach while the girls got a spino shower in the garage. If there are any bugs, they be dead now!!

If I can fit in around the chop they will get a NEEM bath again to kill and newbies that may possibly be around. I've decided no more playing with bugs, and a pre flip spray or 3 is not going to hurt me at all, nor is a clean grow space! Boo yah grandma!

Ahh feels good to get chit accomplished .

Happy Friday 420 family friends and followers!!

Dabber

Yeah not much to report... gonna move:

Ivy (strawberry kush)
Mama G (Gloria clone #1, also strawberry kush)
Baby G (Gloria clone #2, monster crop)

All over to the tub when the Lilly (strain name and plant name) and Abbie (strawberry kush) are dried and I can get them into jars or giant seal a meal bags.

The plan is to clean out the tub space with bleach and NEEM the plants before they are put in their new home. After they are treated and the 2 clones up potted I will allow 1 to 2 weeks for them to settle in before they are flipped.

Baby G will be reversed for pollen. And spread on to mama G to preserve the pheno via S1 pollination.

There is also an ATF seedling still slowly chugging along. It will stay in the veg cab (with a jack Herer auto we are group growing) until it is mature enough to either sex of flower.

Then the biggest dilemma will be choosing what to run next..... one things for sure, we are going to be running more smaller plants and pheno hunting! Also Arctic has 3 strains we are going to try and Chuck pollen at. Blueniverse × grape crush. And I think the plan is to line breed the huckleberry x c99 f2 into a stable f5. But the north American breeding techniques are very strange to me and we will have to see if they present an issue with herms.

Anyways just a few thoughts flying through my mind as we gear up for another flower fest here at the dabbin cabin.

Hope everyone's doing well

Dabber

Didn't know you had this journal :popcorn: I'm in!
It's mostly where I'll document my pollen chucking. I started the new journal for this flower as my intermediate journal, then I'll drop a bunch of regular seeds and this will become my journal again. I'll update some things here but most "regular updates will be over in my "quantum grown kush" journal. Anyways great yo have you along!

It's mostly where I'll document my pollen chucking. I started the new journal for this flower as my intermediate journal, then I'll drop a bunch of regular seeds and this will become my journal again. I'll update some things here but most "regular updates will be over in my "quantum grown kush" journal. Anyways great yo have you along!

sounds good :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom