The Quest For Midnight Sunshine: Dabber Begins Breeding Bodacious Botanicals

Did you split the stalk? I Had way better luck with doing that then scraping them.
Yep I do 45°+ then split it again. They look like they did when they were growing on the plant so they must be halfway happy still lol.

On a side note... we have pollen. Or open sacks anyways....I will probably go take off a few shoots just to contain things. 1 pollen sack should suffice, so hundreds aren't really required.

I will probably take a cutting too. Wrap the end in a wet paper towel or rapid rooter and lay it on a glass table. So I can collect store and save pollen.

I have 2 weeks to get the next round of beans down, while the cuttings (hopefully) root.

I have some "mystery seeds" which aren't all that much of a mystery... either grape krush x blueniverse or grape crush.

They are regs from arctic. He also has his cross "NPCF" North pole clusterfck (bluniverse x huckleberry x c99 F2).

Between those and the 2 clones I'll keep (white cookies and stankberry). I'm trying to fit in an auto or 2. Pineapple express and GG#4. The GG#4 is for the growing gorilla globally group thread. So I'll get that down this weekend.

It should be nice to have some more space in the tub and get Sergeant Stank out of the way. The stankberry is looking like she wants the nice roomy center spot. I have a bit of a crush on her....

Today should be the final day of AN SENSIGROW FOR COCO.

REMO nutrients start tomorrow

Have a great shatterday.

Dabber

I'm taking the under as well because I have faith in your abilities Them!

I like the name too, way better than anything based on my Phineas & Ferb rip off!

Are the rapid rooters sitting in the water with the bubbler? Is it tap water only? I'm going to add two new cloning methods to my list of failures but this isn't one of them. If I can't do it in aero I don't think I'm going to buy a bubbler. I am giving rapid rooters in a tray a try though.

It's more about the environment than anything. I kept 40 clones in solo cups of water for like a month and they rooted/struck roots in that time. (That's what I just filled my sog with.) If I put them in the Dewey bucket in the same spot same light they root in like 2 weeks. But in the Dewey space bucket with more lights and heat, lower rh they don't necessarily do better, in fact some of them dry out occasionally.

So yes. The very bottoms are touching the oxygenated water. No nutes.

I dont claim to be a clone pro, nor do I play one on tv...

But rapid rooters under a dome is the best way I've ever cloned. And this pump and mini res makes it 100% care free.

They sell a small tray that is for runoff collection I assume but the guy on IG filled it with water and dropped a couple 6 inch airstones. He then simply had a tray of clones in rapid rooters just getting their feed wet in the water.

My version is a far more spitball and duct tape... and yes theres a piece of duct tape just to keep true to my style.

So far it is working. No misting no nada. I LOVE IT!

@TurboBucket very true! I also noticed the faster you get them from the tree to the clone spot the better... I have had ones wilt and come back, but ones that stand strong are good indication of success.

20180714_133914.jpg
20180714_133921.jpg
20180714_133249.jpg
20180714_133428.jpg

Oh then I better get off here and figure out what to do with the (possibly infected) Gold Leaf cuttings!
They are in water, but yes generally I like to get them in their "rooting place" sooner than later. I didnt even bother dipping these thing just slice and stuck.

So he blew his load.

I culled and collected pollen.

I did a bit of branch shaking over the tops.

Let the pollen chill for a day.

Then today hit em with water from the solo sprayer.

Powers out now... gotta love rural Alaska...

20180715_142734.jpg
20180715_142740.jpg

Here are the 5 remaining gals.

If power come on I'll get a better update. But this was them yestersay...

Happy monday?
Dabber

Incoming WTF seeds! :high-five:

Or was it FTW?

Did you freeze a bunch of pollen per Van's (or someone's) instructions?

Got roots yet? There's money on the table...
I wont be freezing mine. Just mixed with rice and flower. Going to leave in a cool dark place.

Roots? It's only been a couple days. I'll check friday. But my cash is on them rooting. Doubt they will take long. They havent wilted or anything.

I think were going to have a FTW (ATF x WW) and a naughty biscotti (WHITE COOKIES x ATF). More ATF, and stankberry BX1.

So heres today...

Trics are popping. And preflowers are on full bloom...

Ivy finally drying out. I ordered all the scientific filtration gear for diamond mining as well as a spool extender to allow for larger runs. Gonna be some fun times!!!!

and theres more too but you get the idea lol...

Stankberry is looking great. The WW is praying like a good little girl and the WC is looking very nice. Hope to get some. Ice smells from her starting this week.

I think the plan will be drop 2 grape krush and 2 NPCF along with the GG4a.

I'll run the 1 stankberry clone and WC clone. And offer the second stankberry clone to AB.

Anyways hope your weeks are off to a good start!

Dabs.

Attachments

• 20180716_133355.jpg
    20180716_133355.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 27
Today is the final day of week 3.

Well friends, I've done it again.... talked crap about what a PITA the topped stankberry was gonna be, and shes going hard from the crap talking....

20180717_132355.jpg

I think shes maybe just a tad faster than her sister? But so far I'm pleased with the tric production.
20180717_132415.jpg

I was able to water this morning. Normally I water noon or after, and they go to bed at 4. They really liked the morning drink. I will make a stronger effort to feed them as soon as I wake up. Then again a few hours before lights out.

Today is day 3(?) Since switching to REMO nutes. Plants didnt even seem to notice the change over. Some clawing here and there, but not really any burn and honestly I'll take a bit of tup burn over a deficiency. And I already had a little mag issue from underfeeding.

The first 4 weeks the manufacturer recommended 8 ml a gal of all their products. I am only giving the base bloom and bloom booster at full strength. Calmag micro kelp and candy are all 5 to 6 ml per gallon.

Still no ph.

20180717_132542.jpg

And the other stankberry saying its prayers before supper like a good girl!

Back
Top Bottom