The Mega Crop Thread

Flushing both Mazar's tonight then others if they progress even with the lowered MC amount. Enjoying the spirited discussion.
20200204_002140.jpg
20200204_002236.jpg

In the hopes of opening a few more eyes... the results of tonight's research:
Ca Toxicity
Calcio-1.jpg
calcium-excess-in-a-cannabis-plant-1024x768.jpg
Pretty much spot on. Fingers crossed with this flush.

Great discussion. Now we get to see. I hope it works out for you! :popcorn: I just ordered the 1000g sample. I'm very grateful for this thread full of info.
With all the talent on here it will get figured out. For me in the medium I'm in I'll keep things under 5 until I see it needs it. We will all have to figure out what works best in their chosen style of grow. But I will say I will run MC on my next grow, things were perfect, until it wasn't. Just finished the flush on my second Mazar. Learning experience for all of us.

It would be helpful for newer growers if you could have some guidelines for using MC In your opening post.
A FAQ or something like that. All the bickering over the details sends the wrong message.
I think this thread was put together to develop a FAQ. The problem is that Mega Crop is changing to correct the problems and difficulties growers are experiencing, outdating parts of the FAQ before they are even written.

As a new gardener I was drawn to MC for cost and simplicity. It has met those expectations.
I'm only four weeks in, but good so far with promix, one gallon milk jug and a tsp.
Those are precisely the reasons I switched to Mega Crop. I think that message is being lost in the details within this thread.

In my opinion using Mega Crop, without boosters or supplements boils down to:

If you see a nutrient deficiency, increase the concentration by 0.5gm / gal until it disappears. (Caveat for growers using LEDs, and a coco based substrate: add a cal/mag supplement if you see a cal/mag deficiency, and have reached a concentration of 5gm/gal. Take care to maintain the proper NPK ratio.)

If you see nutrient excess, handle it the way you would for your substrate with any other synthetic nutrient line.

I think this thread was put together to develop a FAQ. The problem is that Mega Crop is changing to correct the problems and difficulties growers are experiencing, outdating parts of the FAQ before they are even written.

I wonder if this particular flavor of board software has the "wiki" mod available. On a travel forum I pass through, they have it and it allows a thread to become a "wiki thread", which can be updated over time. The wiki part is above the thread on every page, which is nice.

Really helps keep information up to date, and makes it easier to find the basic info without wading though a bunch of discussion that may/may not be relevant.

It would be helpful for newer growers if you could have some guidelines for using MC In your opening post.
A FAQ or something like that. All the bickering over the details sends the wrong message.

As a new gardener I was drawn to MC for cost and simplicity. It has met those expectations.
I'm only four weeks in, but good so far with promix, one gallon milk jug and a tsp.

the thread was started because i was frustrated with the lack of knowledge. there is no starting faq because i did not know anything to build one at the time, and GLN's was sorely lacking. working to remedy that situation.

would recommend to everyone to go and read through the GLN site. it was recently updated, at least the cdn version, and contains the definitive info most of us have been debating. it discusses the amino - chelate relationship, and the types of chelation MC is built on.

it also addresses the particulate debate, and automatic hydro feeding systems.

edit : i wonder if they were listening in .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lastly, pH again. We adjust pH for our nutes. We all know that salt based nutes have specific ranges that we must adhere to. Amino chelates also have a pH range... well within the ranges that most of us would see without any adjustment. 8.0-5.0 is a pretty wide swath, and yeah... if you are outside of that you DO need to adjust, but then you cant drink that water either, and you know you have a problem. Most of us (in soil) don't have to worry about pH using Megacrop. Please note that I am not talking about the water based folks... anything I say is in regards to soil only because that is what I have the most experience in.

where are you getting this number ?

GLN only mentions a feeding range of 6.5 - 5.5. the same range as any other hydro type nute. pls find me this 5.0 - 8.0 ph range as recommended anywhere, or stop touting it. it is misleading.

we can all agree that mc is probably available over a broader range of ph. ignoring ph is done completely at your own peril, as it is still a relevant factor. just not as large.

once again quote from the MC site :

You may want to add some pH adjuster to make sure the nutrient solution being delivered to the plants is between 5.5-6.5 pH for best absorption, this depends on your water supply and is unique to each individual farm.

I wonder if this particular flavor of board software has the "wiki" mod available. On a travel forum I pass through, they have it and it allows a thread to become a "wiki thread", which can be updated over time. The wiki part is above the thread on every page, which is nice.

Really helps keep information up to date, and makes it easier to find the basic info without wading though a bunch of discussion that may/may not be relevant.

Can't see WikiLeaks is in anyways safe for a forum such as this

Sooooooo

There's that

Teddy can always update the original post to alter or add info

But to me....a MC virgin

Pretty much anyone trying it , in this thread, just asks a question and gets answered

But a basic feed schedule for Soil, Soul if course, Coco, and DWC would be cool on the main post

Problem is the additional, if you or should you
Tap water vs RO or well or rain
Etc etc etc

Thus why, hell, any Nutes has variables each grower needs to figure out

Oooooo coffee is done, time for some Candida oil and Amnesia Haze oil in my creamer

Teddy can always update the original post to alter or add info

But to me....a MC virgin

Pretty much anyone trying it , in this thread, just asks a question and gets answered

But a basic feed schedule for Soil, Soul if course, Coco, and DWC would be cool on the main post

Problem is the additional, if you or should you
Tap water vs RO or well or rain
Etc etc etc

Thus why, hell, any Nutes has variables each grower needs to figure out

Oooooo coffee is done, time for some Candida oil and Amnesia Haze oil in my creamer

chris - recommend starting with the feed calculator on the GLN site. we have basically internalized it and simplified to g / gal for different stages in this thread. the GLN calculator is more precise.

basic feed schedules are exactly the same for all media types.

chris - recommend starting with the feed calculator on the GLN site. we have basically internalized it and simplified to g / gal for different stages in this thread. the GLN calculator is more precise.

basic feed schedules are exactly the same for all media types.

Lol

I wasn't asking for help, guess it looked like it, but thanks

I tried it in a Hempy grow in veg...seemed good...but like then, and now, have too many plants, in same stage,not wanting to try to mix another Nute at this time

Next grow I may try that dirty dirty stuff...wats it called???? Oh ya... DIRT

Then may test out the MC

Lol

I wasn't asking for help, guess it looked like it, but thanks

I tried it in a Hempy grow in veg...seemed good...but like then, and now, have too many plants, in same stage,not wanting to try to mix another Nute at this time

Next grow I may try that dirty dirty stuff...wats it called???? Oh ya... DIRT

Then may test out the MC

should work good. at present we can say that MC is dirt simple in any passive media. active hydro can get more involved depending on conditions.

where are you getting this number ?
I got the number, which by the way is only half a point higher and lower than your range, as I said much earlier in this thread, from an online university white paper describing the amino chelation process. I can't put my hands on that document from work this morning, but I will check my home computer for the link to the document I have been referring to and when I have the time I will provide the link to the information that you desire in some way that is legal to do on this board. I am sorry that you feel that the information I give is misleading to the folks, probably because it comes from me and it fails to coincide with the opinions coming from the local big dogs. I doubt that even having seen my documentation you would be able to concede my point.

You may note, looking around the web for this information on amino chelated nutrients, that pH is not often mentioned in these papers other than the ability for these new nutrients to be applied to fields where the soil has climbed to over 7.0 pH... apparently a big problem with salt based nutes. Amino Chelate has solved this pH problem for the farmers. Until I can find this information again to officially document for you, and since I am being treated like a villain on this thread for having a differing opinion than the popular kids, I am going to stop commenting here. Since you all think it fun to argue with me and tell me that I am totally wrong about everything I say and feel it necessary to ridicule my experience while you are at it, I am going to unwatch this thread and just let you all continue on, and I will make any further scientific observations from my own thread.

I am highly disappointed in all of you on this thread who have taken such an ugly tone with me or refuse to even consider my observations, opinions or diagnosis, when all I am trying to do is help. This is not the way things should be at 420Mag and I am starting to wonder why I am wasting my time here.

Sorry I hadn’t posted the updates, Mama WW who has been on 6.5 grams with 5 mL of calimagic. If she doesn’t give 15 ounces I’ll be surprised! I had the light too low and realized it ! It’s been the only issue with her in the DWC !

In the tent flood and drain I backed off to 6 grams a gallon because when I added the calimagic it blew the tips out at 6.5 grams. The only deficiency in there was no supply of water and nutrients clogged with roots had to do a bypass to feed her .

I got the number, which by the way is only half a point higher and lower than your range, as I said much earlier in this thread, from an online university white paper describing the amino chelation process. I can't put my hands on that document from work this morning, but I will check my home computer for the link to the document I have been referring to and when I have the time I will provide the link to the information that you desire in some way that is legal to do on this board. I am sorry that you feel that the information I give is misleading to the folks, probably because it comes from me and it fails to coincide with the opinions coming from the local big dogs. I doubt that even having seen my documentation you would be able to concede my point.

You may note, looking around the web for this information on amino chelated nutrients, that pH is not often mentioned in these papers other than the ability for these new nutrients to be applied to fields where the soil has climbed to over 7.0 pH... apparently a big problem with salt based nutes. Amino Chelate has solved this pH problem for the farmers. Until I can find this information again to officially document for you, and since I am being treated like a villain on this thread for having a differing opinion than the popular kids, I am going to stop commenting here. Since you all think it fun to argue with me and tell me that I am totally wrong about everything I say and feel it necessary to ridicule my experience while you are at it, I am going to unwatch this thread and just let you all continue on, and I will make any further scientific observations from my own thread.

I am highly disappointed in all of you on this thread who have taken such an ugly tone with me or refuse to even consider my observations, opinions or diagnosis, when all I am trying to do is help. This is not the way things should be at 420Mag and I am starting to wonder why I am wasting my time here.

not yourself at all. i encourage your content. i understand you are pushing the envelope.
my concern is with those who may take it as gospel. in particular new persons.

as GLN does at least recommend the 5.5 - 6.5 ph range for best absorption, this is the range i will default to, when folk are having issues etc. in other words - normal ph rules, which work quite fine.

Back
Top Bottom