The Mega Crop Thread

I'm growing autos. MC was recommended on 420, so I ordered the sample. Been using FF which has been good, but I like the simplicity of MC. Question is: how much MC to use per gallon of water for growing autos in soil? The MC site wasn't any help. BTW, in case anyone is interested, I devised a chart for feeding FF to autos. Just let me know if you want it, and I'll post it.

There y'all go talking about pH again!

It would be great if someone can find information that states that amino chelated nutrient water allows for a different pH range than EDTA chelated nutrient water. It would be even better for someone to turn up information from an independent research organization that states the pH of the nutrient water matters at all in a non-hydro environment.

Until then...

the macronutes MC uses still have a salt base. i am not sure if all their macronute sources are salt based, but it is listed on both the site and bags.

the micronutes, and majority percentage of the content in MC, are amino chelate based.

i strongly suspect the ph factor only has to do with the macronute salt-based portion of the MC content.

It would be helpful for newer growers if you could have some guidelines for using MC In your opening post.
A FAQ or something like that. All the bickering over the details sends the wrong message.

As a new gardener I was drawn to MC for cost and simplicity. It has met those expectations.
I'm only four weeks in, but good so far with promix, one gallon milk jug and a tsp.

Just fyi....a tsp is equal to roughly 6.3grams. I was also using measuring spoons before i got my scale and checked. Adjust as you want or keep doing what your doing if all is good

I'm growing autos. MC was recommended on 420, so I ordered the sample. Been using FF which has been good, but I like the simplicity of MC. Question is: how much MC to use per gallon of water for growing autos in soil? The MC site wasn't any help. BTW, in case anyone is interested, I devised a chart for feeding FF to autos. Just let me know if you want it, and I'll post it.
How far along is the plant? Post a pic! I think you should be at least 5g/gallon by day 28 on an auto (assuming it's not already throwing pistils like mine do :)).

@West Hippie keeps incredibly close track of his grow environment and needs to keep his MC pH in the same narrow range that everyone else in hydro does.

I've kept my nutrient solutions between 5.9 and 6.1, with the exception of one batch that I increased to 6.4. This is in drain-to-waste with a coco/perlite substrate. The only thing I haven't liked is that it has never completely dissolved for me, and is clogging my drippers.

full

Pail Contents From 18l mixed at 6.5gm/US gal. Total Mixing Time: 2.25 hrs

full

Debris Found in a Dripper

full

The above is a schematic for the system I'm building to handle the remaining solids.

I can't figure out what the problem is with your mix OS! I've gotten 4 or 5 bags of MC so far and none of them did that, even sitting out in 45ºF overnight. And I just stir with a wooden stick for 30 seconds.

It's a conundrum.
I don't get any undissolved material.
I stir for 5 minutes and let it sit an hour, quickly mix again be for use.

I've sent this to GLN and they are looking into it. It could be as simple as a bad batch. It doesn't really matter. I'll try another grow with it and see if the system I designed keeps the drippers flowing. I've also bought two different styles of drippers to try with it. We'll see how that goes.

Just fyi....a tsp is equal to roughly 6.3grams. I was also using measuring spoons before i got my scale and checked. Adjust as you want or keep doing what your doing if all is good
Thanks! good to know, I plan on cutting back to level tsp from heaping, most leaves dark green and one tip yellow.
Possibly signs that I'm getting close to nut burn?

Thanks! good to know, I plan on cutting back to level tsp from heaping, most leaves dark green and one tip yellow.
Cant help with nute burn but if all you got is tsp i can post a pic of whatever you want to dial ur mc back to shown in tsp to get u more accurate to where you want it.

I just bought this one and it's bang on:

AMIR Upgraded Kitchen Scale, 500g/ 0.01g Digital Scale, High-precision Pocket Food Scale, Multifunctional Pro Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare, PCS Features, Stainless Steel (Silver) AMIR Upgraded Kitchen Scale, 500g/ 0.01g Digital Scale, High-precision Pocket Food Scale, Multifunctional Pro Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare, PCS Features, Stainless Steel (Silver): Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Are we sure this isn't calcium precipitation? Temp, pH and amount of sulfur in the water can cause precipitation in some forms of calcium.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Are we sure this isn't calcium precipitation? Temp, pH and amount of sulfur in the water can cause precipitation in some forms of calcium.

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

It may be, but I really don't know. I had calcium deficiencies earlier and have added 2-3ml CALiMAGic to the solution, but I had the precipitate before I started adding it.

With the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements I had to add a little extra CALiMAGic to some grows as well.

Back
Top Bottom