The Mega Crop Thread

I have the General Hydroponics' ArmorSi. With its N-P-K of 0-0-4 I can just use 3/4 the amount of their CALiMAGic.

I'm not sure why Dyna Gro quotes Pro-Tekt as 0-0-3 when its really 0-0-3.8. At least in my school, 3.8 was rounded up to 4, not down to 3. I know people like the CaliMagic because its 1% N, but I've been using a Botanicare equivalent, which is 2% N with no issue. Although I top out at 6g Mega where some of the people using CaliMagic are running 6.5g, the 6g helps account for the extra N in the Cal-Mag.

So if my res is 45 litres, mega crop calculator is saying 225 grams when I’m in flower? Does this sound righto_O
I see 71g as the highest in late flower. Make sure you select Liters and not gallons as that looks like what you have done.

Yes, I think about 1gm per 5ml of General Hydroponics' CALiMAGic. That returns us to the 1:0:3 N:p:K ratio @farside05 speaks of. I couldn't mix them, so another weighty bottle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My mix during the last half of flower is:
water: 18l (4.75gal)
Mega Crop 30.91gm (6.5ml/gal)
CALiMAGic 3ml

That will change to:
water: 18l (4.75gal)
Mega Crop 30.91gm (6.5ml/gal)
CALiMAGic 10ml
Sea K 2gm

for the attempt.

This is what I'm seeing in my tent:
full

GDP #1: Calcium Deficiency?

I started by taking my own advice, and have raised the pH from 6.2 to 6.4 for my nutrient solution. I'll try that for a few days, and look some more for ProTeKt. If I still can't locate it at a reasonable price, I'll try the Sea K.
Silly question, but what is the reason for the 1N:3P ratio when adding calmag and protekt? The MC formula is 9-6-17 which is approx 1N:2P.

Silly question, but what is the reason for the 1N:3P ratio when adding calmag and protekt? The MC formula is 9-6-17 which is approx 1N:2P.

I personally don't target 1:3 N to K. I shoot for a 2:blushsmile:3 ratio. 1:3 N to K is as far as one should push the K or you risk locking out Calcium.

Continued...

If you use equal parts, grams of Mega Crop, ml of Cal-Mag, and ml of Silica additive, you land right around that 2:blushsmile:3 N-P-K.

First try at MC in soil. My auto flowering strains have huge trunks and ridiculous growth for autos. I've running one White Widow, one Northern Lights and one Zkittles, all autos, just MC. The zkittles is now at four feet (and grew up in between the lights), twice what I was expecting, all three are flowering at 70 days. I have never had a thumb sized trunk on an auto.
Fun part is I planted the zkittles in a one gallon container because the estimated size from the breeder should have been 18-24". Now it's a 43" plant in a one gallon pot. Insane.

So much room for activities!
Time for an update on my MC girls!!!
I have no skills. No more than the average grower....possibly slightly less. Who can know for sure?? I'm cool with that.
Pro Mix and Mega Crop work. No pHing in hard water. Use a bit of cal-mag earlier because of the Qbs. No other additives or boosters. I have them on hand. Just don't feel I need them. Lights are on full blast!! Growing 2" a day. Crazy chickies.

My best grow yet!!!
Seven days since bud set. I'm happy and my plants are happy. That's what matters the most. IMO.

Disclaimer: plants are a few days older than pics as illustrated by the time stamps.
I injured my ankle and its difficult to stand on a box for pics to get correct color rendition. Just imagine them slightly better looking with puffier puffs. ;)

Dannnng. Digging the wire grates you've got going on there!

On the pH-ing, I have to admit that with straight tap water, I had to pH mine a bit because after MC/calmag/protekt it was 8.4 and a bit high to ask promix to buffer.

I think the protekt was pushing it up though, so it might be better without it.

With the RO, I haven't ph'd it other than a time or two to satisfy curiosity. (Mid 7's was the answer.)

lol, people have been trying to make me spit my coffee out my nose for two days, that one almost did it :)

Did you hear the one about the old man that fell down the well?

He couldn't see that well.

I have the General Hydroponics' ArmorSi. With its N-P-K of 0-0-4 I can just use 3/4 the amount of their CALiMAGic.

I wouldn't do that. I'd go for a little more calimagic, or a little less ArmorSi. If you go with less calimagic, you're busting that ratio to 1:4, which is more than the 1:3 limit. You could do twice the calimagic to ArmorSi and be right about where you need to be.

I'm not sure why Dyna Gro quotes Pro-Tekt as 0-0-3 when its really 0-0-3.8. At least in my school, 3.8 was rounded up to 4, not down to 3. I know people like the CaliMagic because its 1% N, but I've been using a Botanicare equivalent, which is 2% N with no issue. Although I top out at 6g Mega where some of the people using CaliMagic are running 6.5g, the 6g helps account for the extra N in the Cal-Mag.

This is good to know. I just picked up a gallon of the botanicare calmag+ for $25 with a coupon (instead of $40.)

First try at MC in soil. My auto flowering strains have huge trunks and ridiculous growth for autos. I've running one White Widow, one Northern Lights and one Zkittles, all autos, just MC. The zkittles is now at four feet (and grew up in between the lights), twice what I was expecting, all three are flowering at 70 days. I have never had a thumb sized trunk on an auto.
Fun part is I planted the zkittles in a one gallon container because the estimated size from the breeder should have been 18-24". Now it's a 43" plant in a one gallon pot. Insane.

I've got one in a 3gal, and she should be in a 7gal. She's about to the end of her stretch, and getting water every day. She's sitting on the floor and the same height (and getting a tick taller) than the other "tall" ones I have in 7gal pots. Thankfully it works out ok for canopy height.

Why do you use a decimal in your measurement? would it not be 4g/gal instead of .4g/gal?

Not for the supplement they are discussing.

Why do you use a decimal in your measurement? would it not be 4g/gal instead of .4g/gal?
He is referring to the kelp product. It would be .4gr/gallon.

Answered above perfectly Zooie :)
One thing I will add is I have old packaging of my Sea Kelp, and back then(2018) they called it Kelp Extract. Both packages show 0-0-15. The directions were .4g/gal which is what I have always used. Their new packaging says 1-4 grams/gal but imo that's too much K for the plants to handle through veg and the leftovers then create a toxic mess in the medium come flower. I would think staying under a gram would be OK through veg but I know .4g as directed is safe. Something I will try next grow.
Did you hear the one about the old man that fell down the well?

He couldn't see that well.
lol, nice, clean and cute! :bravo:

Day 13. The Gorilla Zkittlez and White Rhino especially are really taking off now. I may give away or abandon the Pink Kush, not sure yet, seems like she is going to be fussy like her big sister was and I'd rather not have to mix two separate nute mixes like this last time. Anyways, 2 plants is more realistic for my tent in any case, and I'm about to harvest the first PK so should have lots, I'll probably concentrate on those two. I've been puffing on the Cheese and it's goood stuff. I'll try to remember to post up some nug pix soon!
They seem to have enjoyed yesterday's bump up to 4g, possibly a little more than the norm for this age I gather? I did have them pretty close to the MH so they may have been eating more than in some cases, just a theory.... Not sure if you guys can tell from the pix but they have grown considerably in just the last day. Definitely fabric pot time tomorrow! GZ on the left.

Time for an update on my MC girls!!!
I have no skills. No more than the average grower....possibly slightly less. Who can know for sure?? I'm cool with that.
Pro Mix and Mega Crop work. No pHing in hard water. Use a bit of cal-mag earlier because of the Qbs. No other additives or boosters. I have them on hand. Just don't feel I need them. Lights are on full blast!! Growing 2" a day. Crazy chickies.

My best grow yet!!!
Seven days since bud set. I'm happy and my plants are happy. That's what matters the most. IMO.

Disclaimer: plants are a few days older than pics as illustrated by the time stamps.
I injured my ankle and its difficult to stand on a box for pics to get correct color rendition. Just imagine them slightly better looking with puffier puffs. ;)
Is that a tent mascott or a humidifier.....or both ?

Dannnng. Digging the wire grates you've got going on there!

On the pH-ing, I have to admit that with straight tap water, I had to pH mine a bit because after MC/calmag/protekt it was 8.4 and a bit high to ask promix to buffer.

I think the protekt was pushing it up though, so it might be better without it.

With the RO, I haven't ph'd it other than a time or two to satisfy curiosity. (Mid 7's was the answer.)
They are those snap together cube storage shelves over oil collection pans.

My water comes out of tap at 8.3. If it sits over 24 hrs it is at 7.5. Mixed with MC it ranges from 6.6- 6.2ish depending on how much MC I add.

Back
Top Bottom