The Mega Crop Thread

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? .. it’s effecting the lowest leaves first then working it’s way up to the newer growth. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It looks like a calcium deficiency, but don't add any yet. What are you growing in, and what is the pH and strength (gm/gal) of your nutrient solution? How big are your plants? The answers will let us better gauge a response to your problem.

It looks like a calcium deficiency, but don't add any yet. What are you growing in, and what is the pH and strength (gm/gal) of your nutrient solution? How big are your plants? The answers will let us better gauge a response to your problem.
Hey ok I am growing in a bubble bucket with hydroton and RO water. The ph is 5.86 after the last adjustment and it was fed 2g/gallon water of MC... the plant is small and probably 4 inches tall just starting it’s 3rd set of leaves.

Day 13. The Gorilla Zkittlez and White Rhino especially are really taking off now. I may give away or abandon the Pink Kush, not sure yet, seems like she is going to be fussy like her big sister was and I'd rather not have to mix two separate nute mixes like this last time. Anyways, 2 plants is more realistic for my tent in any case, and I'm about to harvest the first PK so should have lots, I'll probably concentrate on those two. I've been puffing on the Cheese and it's goood stuff. I'll try to remember to post up some nug pix soon!
They seem to have enjoyed yesterday's bump up to 4g, possibly a little more than the norm for this age I gather? I did have them pretty close to the MH so they may have been eating more than in some cases, just a theory.... Not sure if you guys can tell from the pix but they have grown considerably in just the last day. Definitely fabric pot time tomorrow! GZ on the left.

4g a gallon seems like a lot for their size. They look great. Mine are at least 50 percent bigger and I'm planning on watering them today at 3g a gallon. I'm showing a little problem on the bottom leaves as I last feeding was 2g a gallon and they were bigger than yours at that point. Am I behind on raising my MC. They are 24 days old.

Hey ok I am growing in a bubble bucket with hydroton and RO water. The ph is 5.86 after the last adjustment and it was fed 2g/gallon water of MC... the plant is small and probably 4 inches tall just starting it’s 3rd set of leaves.

little light on the mc. they ramp up fast early then plateau. maybe half gram or so.
dwc is the only thing i'd add stuff to. some run a little cal mag with protekt, hydroguard, or z7.

4g a gallon seems like a lot for their size. They look great. Mine are at least 50 percent bigger and I'm planning on watering them today at 3g a gallon. I'm showing a little problem on the bottom leaves as I last feeding was 2g a gallon and they were bigger than yours at that point. Am I behind on raising my MC. They are 24 days old.
I had started them at close to 3 so the only way to go was up! They've been 16 or 18 inches under a 400w MH and seem to like that.. Finally got the pink kush hanging and the tent cleaned so they will be moving in under the QBs when they wake up in a couple hours. Gotta try to get them into fabric pots today too.

Auto day 9 above ground. Watered 1G/gallon at day 6. Going to transplant to 3 gallon day 12-16? Next feed 2g/gallon mid week.

Attachments

• F6CF9D45-0BC2-4963-A11A-D284D48EE958.jpeg
    F6CF9D45-0BC2-4963-A11A-D284D48EE958.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 53
little light on the mc. they ramp up fast early then plateau. maybe half gram or so.
dwc is the only thing i'd add stuff to. some run a little cal mag with protekt, hydroguard, or z7.

Try raising your pH to 6.2 - 6.3. This will raise the bio availability of the calcium. You will want to vary the pH a little between 5.8 and 6.2 after a day or two to make sure the other elements (manganese and boron) are still bioavailable to the plants. It's my opinion that the same pH rules used with other nutrient lines still applies to Mega Crop. I've had my pH at 6.0 from the start, and have developed the same symptoms. I raised the pH to 6.4 as an interim measure until I mix up a new batch with more CALiMAGic and ArmorSi in it.

I'm using ArmorSi as ProTeKt is not available in my area, and the cost of shipping from the US is prohibitive.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? .. it’s effecting the lowest leaves first then working it’s way up to the newer growth. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Since you said it's starting at the bottom and moving up I would lean towards an Mg def and not so much a Ca def. Bump your MC up to 3g and see what happens. I'd personally keep your pH at 5.8-6.0 since there's nothing to buffer that pH over a short period. Typically in hydro you'll see results quickly, so going outside that range could lead to other issues quickly.
My .02 :)

Try raising your pH to 6.2 - 6.3. This will raise the bio availability of the calcium. You will want to vary the pH a little between 5.8 and 6.2 after a day or two to make sure the other elements (manganese and boron) are still bioavailable to the plants. It's my opinion that the same pH rules used with other nutrient lines still applies to Mega Crop. I've had my pH at 6.0 from the start, and have developed the same symptoms. I raised the pH to 6.4 as an interim measure until I mix up a new batch with more CALiMAGic and ArmorSi in it.

I'm using ArmorSi as ProTeKt is not available in my area, and the cost of shipping from the US is prohibitive.
Ok I’m going to up the MC dose on one of the plants, and then add cal-mag to another while leaving the others alone for a day or two and monitor how each one reacts to their treatment and go from there. All of my plants are displaying the same symptoms so whatever it is, once I figure it out I should be able to get all the plants straightened out... I’m thinking it’s cal mag though as well... thank you everyone for the advice

Ok I’m going to up the MC dose on one of the plants, and then add cal-mag to another while leaving the others alone for a day or two and monitor how each one reacts to their treatment and go from there. All of my plants are displaying the same symptoms so whatever it is, once I figure it out I should be able to get all the plants straightened out... I’m thinking it’s cal mag though as well... thank you everyone for the advice

would ph in at 5.8 on a complete res change and monitor where it drifts over 24 hrs. it usually goes up the range so anything it needs at the higher end it'll catch at that point.

it's important to remember that nutes are available over a bit broader range with MC, but hydro rules still apply generally.

It's been a busy day here! Started chopping/hanging the Pink Kush at 6am, got the tent cleaned up and the babies moved to 3 gallon fabric pots. Just about to water them in, after that the only cannabis related thing I'm doing today is smoking it....
Gorilla Zkittlez on the left White Rhino on the right.

Almost forgot the before pic! Also grabbed a whack of nugs from the undergrowth of the Cheese on the right, you can see what was left after the initial harvest which had been chugging along like that!
And a Pink Kush nug, she did get some purple in the end but no pink.

Almost forgot the before pic! Also grabbed a whack of nugs from the undergrowth of the Cheese on the right, you can see what was left after the initial harvest which had been chugging along like that!
And a Pink Kush nug, she did get some purple in the end but no pink.
Nice job, and look at that green finish. New stuff is gonna love the new pots and looks solid too.

Try targeting your feed strength based on age, not size. Starting at 1g/gal from day 1-5, then upping 1g/gal every 5-6 days from there. So by the 3 week mark you should be 3g-4g /gal.

If photo's, target them at 5g/gal until you flip then bump.

Obviously you need to watch your plants and read them to see if they want more or less, but as a starting point it's a pretty clean schedule for when to up the feed.

I've got a GDP that's short (6"-7" right now), and she's drinking up 4g/gal and close to getting 5g/gal.

I've been following this thread with interest and have a question, is MC available to buy in shops in the US?
In the UK I can only get it from Amazon as a 9.9kg sack which would last me a couple of lifetimes.
I'm traveling over there in may and want to bring some home with me.

Huh, check here and see what you come up with..

Perfect, there is a store that stocks it less than 10 miles from where I will be staying.
Thanks again MrS

Back
Top Bottom