The Mega Crop Thread

ok, so i read in another thread that using m.c. requires one to locate the little cal/mag pebbles/marbles and crush them up and add the powder back into the mix

i could see how this would be necessary when using small amounts of m.c. as the smallish pebbles might never be included into the mixture.

so,, is this correct?

and, if one was receiving a 22lb bag, would one be required to pulverize the whole darn bag at once?

cheers friends

P1170044.JPG

Well it’s officially been 2 full weeks and 6x feeds with both MegaCrop and Bud Explosion! I can report my garden is loving it and producing the best buds I’ve grown to date with the most frost and fastest bulking I’ve seen!

I’ve got to get another defoliation done this week to remove any blocking fan leaves and open up any Budsites to maximum lighting. After the defoliation it will be a full strength push to the finish!

Hope your all enjoying the weekend !
Seems that full strength MC along with BE is working perfectly!

ok, so i read in another thread that using m.c. requires one to locate the little cal/mag pebbles/marbles and crush them up and add the powder back into the mix

i could see how this would be necessary when using small amounts of m.c. as the smallish pebbles might never be included into the mixture.

so,, is this correct?

and, if one was receiving a 22lb bag, would one be required to pulverize the whole darn bag at once?

cheers friends

P1170044.JPG
@nivek

there are a few approaches..

don't worry - one of my favorite methods. the majority are successful with it.
worry but do nothing - also works freakishly well.

now the actively worry..

mix 3 - 5 gallon at a time - easiest approach. simply averages the mix out. requires stirring between feeds. works great.

pulverize / blend - kind of a method du jour. way too involved for my level of lazy. if you have a larger bag you can take a few cups out at a time to blend it up. makes stuff a bit easier to do.

what i do..

zap and go - i feed by grams / gallon (liter). i pre measure and pre mix in a small jar with a little feed water.. makes the stuff easy to shake up. i will zap the jar in the mic - lid off - and then give it another shake or two after. melts out any of the silly calcium balls and reduces precipitate. add immediately to the rest of the feed water and stir / ph / feed.

other suggestions...
i bought a larger bag, poured in to another container, then divided it up in to smaller ones for easier handling and storage. it helped mix the calcium balls evenly through. it also helps keep moisture out of the mc.

so,, is this correct?

cheers friends

P1170044.JPG

No. I'll mix up a gallon with six grams of Mega Crop, and dilute it for use during the early stages of growth. When I get into veg, I mix up five gallons at a time. This only lasts a week or so with drain to waste in coco/perlite.

@nivek

mix 3 - 5 gallon at a time - easiest approach. simply averages the mix out. requires stirring between feeds. works great.

@bluter I've thought about doing this before. Do you think it needs to be sealed up pretty well for this?

EDIT: Let me iterate: after mixing the MC and water together, does the batch need to be sealed up pretty well.

so,, is this correct?

cheers friends

P1160971.jpg
Requests Lord of The Rings figurines for the New Year.

most appreciated,, @bluter and @Old Salt , tho saltys nic does not tag for me

very much cleared this up for me. package should arrive tomorrow so i shall soon see it for real.

great stuff,, my plants already look better just from the anticipation,, :cheer:

cheers friends,,

First calcium deficiency I’ve seen yet. Only on a few leaves. I pulled all my plants out and gave them a good straight water until good run off the came back with the MC. I had not done it since start. I think that I will between veg/flower on autos from now on. I have ran into a couple of issues trying to push its limits and my own watering mistakes.

Attachments

• 3CA6FA49-016F-4316-A83A-F434E3DB0844.jpeg
    3CA6FA49-016F-4316-A83A-F434E3DB0844.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 9623A688-9CBB-4EE6-9929-E107DF39B99E.jpeg
    9623A688-9CBB-4EE6-9929-E107DF39B99E.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DB672970-A8BB-4E69-97DF-C5DA793B14F8.jpeg
    DB672970-A8BB-4E69-97DF-C5DA793B14F8.jpeg
    990.4 KB · Views: 62
most appreciated,, @bluter and @old_salt, tho saltys nic does not tag for me

very much cleared this up for me. package should arrive tomorrow so i shall soon see it for real.

great stuff,, my plants already look better just from the anticipation,, :cheer:

cheers friends,,

There's no underscore in the name. @Old Salt

No. I'll mix up a gallon with six grams of Mega Crop, and dilute it for use during the early stages of growth. When I get into veg, I mix up five gallons at a time. This only lasts a week or so with drain to waste in coco/perlite.

forgot the premix then dilute method. thanks @Old Salt .

gonna have to add that on the next response. decided to start bookmarking some of the responses to common questions in this thread. the thread has gotten too long for a lot of the info to be readily accessible to new posters.

@bluter I've thought about doing this before. Do you think it needs to be sealed up pretty well for this?

EDIT: Let me iterate: after mixing the MC and water together, does the batch need to be sealed up pretty well.

hi @skipeye

i use common hardware store buckets. i mostly pre mix in the smaller quarter buckets. they hold about 8 - 9 litres. on larger grows i will use the 20L - 5gal buckets.

if i need to store some pre mix i just pop the lid on. i only ph the amount i am going to feed at a single time. so the stored stuff is not ph'd.

First calcium deficiency I’ve seen yet. Only on a few leaves. I pulled all my plants out and gave them a good straight water until good run off the came back with the MC. I had not done it since start. I think that I will between veg/flower on autos from now on. I have ran into a couple of issues trying to push its limits and my own watering mistakes.

@Hydroholic - it looks like it is pulling to build the colas. anyone else with me on this ?

nice colas. i'd give it a bump.

great info, thx

seems the mix full strength and dilute for youngers is the preferred method, indeed

i must get the proper containers now,,

a continuous evolution in the grow room,, so groovy

gonna have to add that on the next response. decided to start bookmarking some of the responses to common questions in this thread. the thread has gotten too long for a lot of the info to be readily accessible to new posters.

hi @skipeye

i use common hardware store buckets. i mostly pre mix in the smaller quarter buckets. they hold about 8 - 9 litres. on larger grows i will use the 20L - 5gal buckets.

if i need to store some pre mix i just pop the lid on. i only ph the mount i am going to feed at a single time. so the stored stuff is not ph'd.

@Hydroholic - it looks like it is pulling to build the colas. anyone else with me on this ?

It might be an idea to gather it all in one post for the newcomers. Ask a moderator to add a link to the post in the first one of this thread.

hi @skipeye

if i need to store some pre mix i just pop the lid on. i only ph the amount i am going to feed at a single time. so the stored stuff is not ph'd.

It’s definitely starting to build. I ran it up to 6.5 and then saw the issues. I backed off to 6. I said earlier that I feel this is the magic number but it needs that extra boost. Tracking says my V3 and Bud Explosion will be here tomorrow. I am going to add the 1mg-gal of bud explosion. I can say this stuff has done my Dark Devils wonders. Starting my next run of Autos in 4 days. Having these numbers should make a nice grow. I am going to try and come off the RO water on one of my new plants and see if the theory Tap water is ok. I haven’t seen the need for extra cal/mag to make me use it. I am under COB and it don’t seem to effect an extra need.
I always have and always will PH right before I feed. I do this in hydro and now in soil.

Hey 420,

I'm new here and just got wind of this thread so I am going to follow along.

In fact, based on the reading I've done so far, it was an easy decision to buy some Mega Crop, Bud Explosion and Cal-Mag Pro from Amazon - should be here by Tuesday!

Hey 420,

I'm new here and just got wind of this thread so I am going to follow along.

In fact, based on the reading I've done so far, it was an easy decision to buy some Mega Crop, Bud Explosion and Cal-Mag Pro from Amazon - should be here by Tuesday!

heya ontario,, my first bag comes monday,, cheers

Well it’s officially been 2 full weeks and 6x feeds with both MegaCrop and Bud Explosion! I can report my garden is loving it and producing the best buds I’ve grown to date with the most frost and fastest bulking I’ve seen!
Are there any other changes to your grow besides the addition of the BE that might account for the differences? I was reading this on farside's thread about boosters which made me curious.

Still the only problem with my MC was the ph in dwc and flood&drain. I tried to not ph the MC . My ro water about 15 ppm with a ph of 7.2-7.5 varys, 24 grams of MC four and 4 gallons of water brings the ph down to 5.7-5.9 and then it would drift overnight to 6.1 . I would leave it there and it still would drift to 6.3-6.5 then I’d bring the ph down to 6.1 and let it drift again . Then came the problem new growth came out yellow . With @MrSauga help had me bring the ph down . I went for 5.6-5.8 and 3 days later problem solved . So l’m staying under a ph of 6.0 for the rest of these grows .

Back
Top Bottom