I can't say light def isn't part of it. We've had so many cloudy and rainy days this summer it's crazy!
Ok well thats a huge part so don't fret to hard if you do it all correct and brix doesn't rise much.

When inclement weather is moving in plants can sense it and they hide as much sugar as possible in their root balls in case a wind shears the plant off.

It gives them the energy to regrow solar panels. A storm ususlly drops my leaf brix by at least 2 points.

I would seriously consider feeding them some molasses water to offset the lack of exudates. If carbon gets any lower your microbes will go dormant.

Calcium is extremely overlooked by most people. As a plant nutrient it falls far enough behind N,P, and K that it didn't make the top 3, but if you include soil health, and not just what a plant needs to eat, the list would read C,N,P,K and fertilizers would have 4 numbers instead of 3. Calcium is the mother of all minerals. Without it NP and K are useless. Calcium sets the stage for all the other actors to perform.

I added a UV and IR bar. The IR I'm still not sure I want or need extra, but the UV is vital. I haven't turned on the IR bar yet. As soon as I get a full grow from seed under it we shall see.

I can see IR really improving indicas, but I don't need my sativas any taller.

The new light sure pumps out the heat though, it will be great in the winters.

I had to install the driver outside the tent to get the temps down from 100+ to the high 80's.

My VPD is through the roof.

Yesterday I finally got it down to 1.8😓

Poor clones. They shoulda stayed in school🤣.

But they sold their souls to Gee's Tent of Horrors so shits getting real for them now🤣.

Yep.. my lights driver is built in to the rails so there is no removing it.. 50% intensity adds 10F when it’s winter.. when it’s not winter it adds anywhere from 15-20. It’s not as drastic at 75/100% but it still has to be accounted for. Honestly I don’t have to push it past 50%, and I would be very surprised if you did. Our methods don’t really require 1000 watts

Ok well thats a huge part so don't fret to hard if you do it all correct and brix doesn't rise much.

When inclement weather is moving in plants can sense it and they hide as much sugar as possible in their root balls in case a wind shears the plant off.

It gives them the energy to regrow solar panels. A storm ususlly drops my leaf brix by at least 2 points.

I would seriously consider feeding them some molasses water to offset the lack of exudates. If carbon gets any lower your microbes will go dormant.
These plants are interesting!

20230803_134620.jpg

Day 9 and still just one root. Hopefully that changes but I think I should have cloned them in soil.

They are so small.

I had the aerocloner all set up and the clones cut but no soil prepped so I tried them.

They may still root but not even showing nubs has me worried.

Oh well.... nobody's fault but mine. I will wait it out until they either root or die.

Sorry to hear. I gotta method that seems to work pretty well I could tell you about. :rofl:
I am really curious about how they will harden off. I hope it works beautifully. What could be easier👊 I just happen to have 100 litres of soggy perlite... go figure...🤣🤣🤣🤣 Have you planted any into soil yet?

I am really curious about how they will harden off. I hope it works beautifully. What could be easier👊 I just happen to have 100 litres of soggy perlite... go figure...🤣🤣🤣🤣 Have you planted any into soil yet?
I have and they took beautifully.

7 out of 7 on that round, 1/1 on the next and now waiting for the next 4.

I think my next round I'm going to test whether my theory of trimming them 'on the vine' but not cutting them until the next day has any real effect. It makes sense in my head, though, so there's that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have and they took beautifully.

7 out of 7 on that round, 1/1 on the next and now waiting for the next 4.

I think my next round I'm going to test whether my theory of trimming them 'on the vine' but not cutting them until the next day has any real effect. It makes sense in my head, though, so there's that. :cheesygrinsmiley:
You will have to try it on other strains and see if it works for all.

Hey Gee, how long did it take for your swicked plant to transition to top watering and recover properly? Mine still looks bedraggled.

So far it's been two strains. But it could totally be perlite magic by itself. Certainly doesn't hurt anything though which is my usual jumping off point.
Are you rooting cuttings in perlite, Azi? I have had success with that method. I rooted my lavender bushes that way. Shed is fond of perlite as a rooting medium too. I'm all about KISS methods and low input infrastructure. Perlite is that. Sorry I might be jumping the gun. I don't know your method.

Are you rooting cuttings in perlite, Azi? I have had success with that method. I rooted my lavender bushes that way. Shed is fond of perlite as a rooting medium too. I'm all about KISS methods and low input infrastructure. Perlite is that. Sorry I might be jumping the gun. I don't know your method.
Yep, straight perlite. I'm testing variations on the theme like an aloe dip, scraping the stem, misting the cuts, etc. but so far it seems quite forgiving and easy.

Here is the link.

Hey Gee, how long did it take for your swicked plant to transition to top watering and recover properly? Mine still looks bedraggled.
I wouldnt say it recovered properly, but it took about 10-12 days to grow feeder roots. Both of them are still pretty ugly. The leaves are all scarred. Normally I would have chopped them but I have nothing else going on so I figured I may as well flower them out and see what happens. Stretch is almost over now. The one I shaved is really light green, almost yellow. I will probably scrap them soon and start a new grow.

I wouldnt say it recovered properly, but it took about 10-12 days to grow feeder roots. Both of them are still pretty ugly. The leaves are all scarred. Normally I would have chopped them but I have nothing else going on so I figured I may as well flower them out and see what happens. Stretch is almost over now. The one I shaved is really light green, almost yellow. I will probably scrap them soon and start a new grow.
Thanks Gee, at least I know that it may not get where I want it too. Its very pale yellowish too, scarred leaves and the droop will not budge. I'm feeding the tops and wicking the water out of the bottoms with towels. I hope that encourages the feeder roots to take water again. I gave fish hydrolysate, microbes, mycos and molasses over ewc top dress.

Thanks Gee, at least I know that it may not get where I want it too. Its very pale yellowish too, scarred leaves and the droop will not budge. I'm feeding the tops and wicking the water out of the bottoms with towels. I hope that encourages the feeder roots to take water again. I gave fish hydrolysate, microbes, mycos and molasses over ewc top dress.
Well you have definitely given it it's best chance.

If I was still in veg I'm sure I could recover fully, but it's in flower so the leaves it has are the only ones it gets and they don't look so good.

Photosynthesis is really impaired. The one I put into 3 litres of perlite from its previous 20 litres, looks better than the shaved one, but the shaved one definitely grew far more feeder roots.

All the white tips poking through the pot walls have air pruned themselves so the roots inside the bag should be side branching like crazy now.

They are both starting to drink a lot so thats a good sign👍

Well you have definitely given it it's best chance.

If I was still in veg I'm sure I could recover fully, but it's in flower so the leaves it has are the only ones it gets and they don't look so good.

Photosynthesis is really impaired. The one I put into 3 litres of perlite from its previous 20 litres, looks better than the shaved one, but the shaved one definitely grew far more feeder roots.

All the white tips poking through the pot walls have air pruned themselves so the roots inside the bag should be side branching like crazy now.

They are both starting to drink a lot so thats a good sign👍
If its any consolation, the pistils are pretty and the flowers are puffing up :) It's not a strong plant but I'll get it through to harvest come hell or high water lol.

If its any consolation, the pistils are pretty and the flowers are puffing up :) It's not a strong plant but I'll get it through to harvest come hell or high water lol.
My flowers look really nice, the plant not so much lol. Its the healthy flowers that are keeping these plants from the worm bin.

Back
Top Bottom