I agree completely, but you are hunting a sweet spot now so don't raise them too much at once, and if you do raise them vpd will spike.

You would actually be better to lower that 86 first. And raise RH.
One hour after lights on and VPD is 177 so, a little better but that's because rh was north of 40. But that seems to go down as the period progresses.

So, I decided not to raise the plants and instead wait until I make progress on temp and humidity.

I didn't give the plant any banana peel tea. I only gave it the calmag at low dose, the usual top dressing, kelp and fish hydrolysate.

The plant didn't make many leaves in veg and they are burning up fast. Is there anything else I can do to try to save them?
Are you giving her any EWC? That would definitely help a lot if you aren't already.

Are you giving her any EWC? That would definitely help a lot if you aren't already.
Thank you. I am, and more today. It is part of my weekly top dressing routine.

One hour after lights on and VPD is 177 so, a little better but that's because rh was north of 40. But that seems to go down as the period progresses.

So, I decided not to raise the plants and instead wait until I make progress on temp and humidity.
Thats excellent. Get it in the ball park, then see how you can adapt that to what you have. Keep pushing RH. Things like wet pots will both lower and hold the RH.

Thank you. I am, and more today. It is part of my weekly top dressing routine.
I kinda figured you were, just double checking.

OK so you need to decide a route here. Do you think it's a deficiency, or do you think it's damage from light that can't be repaired.

Either way, another shot of calmag won't hurt, but if you think it's a deficiency then your next option is a tea.I would use 2 tablespoons of your top dressing, 1 tablespoon of kelp meal, 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses, in 1 gallon of water, and I would bubble that with an air stone for 24 hours.

Then I would toss in cup of ewc and brew for another 18-24 hours.

Then I would add 1 more gallon of water to cut it 50/50, stir it up good, and do a full watering with it.

Use the excess on all your other plants that are in pots, indoors or out.

You can't really go wrong with a tea, but it could be a lot of work for not much gain if it's burnt leaves.

Myself I would hit it with another light dose of calmag right now, then start the tea brewing, and hope it's a deficiency.

I hate to add in more questions tonight but I'm beginning to see more magenta hues on my upper leaves. I Brixed the fan leaf with the magenta in the picture and it came back with a fuzzy line so I don't think my calcium is out. I also included a picture under daylight before I smashed the juice out of it.

I'm leaning towards maybe a phosphorus deficiency and maybe giving it another dose of the fish nutes 2-4-1, I also have Mineralized Phosphate I can top dress 0-9-0 but I know that takes some time to get mined.

Is this the correct line of treatment?

PXL_20241020_222723539.jpg

PXL_20241020_222839129.jpg

PXL_20241020_224401166.jpg

I haven't really found any photos of this Cap Junky x Princess Haze tester strain but I have seen photos of both it's parents in flower and they do have purple show up in the lines. I just think it's really early on for it.

I hate to add in more questions tonight but I'm beginning to see more magenta hues on my upper leaves. I Brixed the fan leaf with the magenta in the picture and it came back with a fuzzy line so I don't think my calcium is out. I also included a picture under daylight before I smashed the juice out of it.

I'm leaning towards maybe a phosphorus deficiency and maybe giving it another dose of the fish nutes 2-4-1, I also have Mineralized Phosphate I can top dress 0-9-0 but I know that takes some time to get mined.

Is this the correct line of treatment?

PXL_20241020_222723539.jpg

PXL_20241020_222839129.jpg

PXL_20241020_224401166.jpg

I haven't really found any photos of this Cap Junky x Princess Haze tester strain but I have seen photos of both it's parents in flower and they do have purple show up in the lines. I just think it's really early on for it.
What are your night time temps at, that kinda does just look like purpling. It's pretty😊.

If you had a P def your brix would be low.

How are they otherwise?

They look good😎👊

If it is a P deficiency then yeah, that's solid action to get ahead of it.

What happens if brix goes up but she gets purpler?🤣

What are your night time temps at, that kinda does just look like purpling. It's pretty😊.

If you had a P def your brix would be low.

How are they otherwise?

They look good😎👊
She's going gang busters lol I'm hoping to keep up with her feeding needs. This is about the time my grows falter lol like my soil runs out of nutes. I'm hoping the additional P doses I've been giving every 3 weeks since day 1 of veg keep it available to her.

This is my day/night spread
Screenshot_20241020-210453.png

She's going gang busters lol I'm hoping to keep up with her feeding needs. This is about the time my grows falter lol like my soil runs out of nutes. I'm hoping the additional P doses I've been giving every 3 weeks since day 1 of veg keep it available to her.

This is my day/night spread
Screenshot_20241020-210453.png
That's not really cool enough to cause purple, but the plant could still be purple.

If you think it's P then go after it on one more front as well.

As per your myco instructions, mix up a myco root drench. Myco mines a lot of P so get that in too, just in case.

That's not really cool enough to cause purple, but the plant could still be purple.

If you think it's P then go after it on one more front as well.

As per your myco instructions, mix up a myco root drench. Myco mines a lot of P so get that in too, just in case.
So I have recharge I can use, and I'll hit it with another top dress of Mineralized Phosphate on Wed along with the usual top dress, it's due for one anyways.
Teas work really well. Your top dressing with some extra kelp and a pinch of guano, molasses, and EWC will work really well.
Lol I'm so worried about using a tea because they are kinda "a little goes a long way" right? I don't want to upset the apple cart but honestly I haven't looked into them.

Have you exceeded the recommended amount of Gaia Bloom top dress before? I figure its not detrimental to add more to a point and then it's too much

I kinda figured you were, just double checking.

OK so you need to decide a route here. Do you think it's a deficiency, or do you think it's damage from light that can't be repaired.

Either way, another shot of calmag won't hurt, but if you think it's a deficiency then your next option is a tea.I would use 2 tablespoons of your top dressing, 1 tablespoon of kelp meal, 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses, in 1 gallon of water, and I would bubble that with an air stone for 24 hours.

Then I would toss in cup of ewc and brew for another 18-24 hours.

Then I would add 1 more gallon of water to cut it 50/50, stir it up good, and do a full watering with it.

Use the excess on all your other plants that are in pots, indoors or out.

You can't really go wrong with a tea, but it could be a lot of work for not much gain if it's burnt leaves.

Myself I would hit it with another light dose of calmag right now, then start the tea brewing, and hope it's a deficiency.

make sure on the molasses ingredients that sulfur isn't listed. If it is, check other types of molasses. You want non or un sulfured.

The plant is 62 days old but there are a lot of white pistils still. The breeder estimate for finishing is an 8 week flowering. It can't afford to lose all of its leaves now. I don't know what is going on with it other than it definitely got too much light and heat. I can't find this purple look in any visual guide online in my Google searches, other than natural purpling and senescence. It started on the bottom leaves and is working its way up the plant node by node.

I've checked my schedule and the plants are all due to receive their fortnightly dose of Nourish, and their weekly dressing with EWC and Elemental Blend. I don't have everything needed to make a tea so I will go with the scheduled treatment and hope that it is enough.

I'm going to take this back to my own journal now and report on it there. Thank you Gee.

Miss Sticky - Day 28.

20241020_150901.jpg

Larf Valley.

4 weeks since flip. Stretch is over and the flowers are growing. I think she is starting to look a little hungry, so I will start topdressing every 5 days now instead of 7. That means tomorrow, not Wednesday. She got fish water today. She's a big plant, she has pulled a lot from the pot. 6 weeks to go, maybe more.

The 8 mains around Larf Valley.
20241020_150909.jpg

20241020_150915.jpg

20241020_150920.jpg

20241020_150931.jpg

20241020_150937.jpg

20241020_150945.jpg

20241020_150952.jpg

20241020_151008.jpg
Is she smelling spicey yet or too soon?

So I have recharge I can use, and I'll hit it with another top dress of Mineralized Phosphate on Wed along with the usual top dress, it's due for one anyways.

Lol I'm so worried about using a tea because they are kinda "a little goes a long way" right? I don't want to upset the apple cart but honestly I haven't looked into them.

Have you exceeded the recommended amount of Gaia Bloom top dress before? I figure its not detrimental to add more to a point and then it's too much
I have my own top dress formula for Gaia.

6 x (pot size in gallons) ÷4= tablespoons per week. So for my 10gals I use 15 tbsp/week.

The plant is 62 days old but there are a lot of white pistils still. The breeder estimate for finishing is an 8 week flowering. It can't afford to lose all of its leaves now. I don't know what is going on with it other than it definitely got too much light and heat. I can't find this purple look in any visual guide online in my Google searches, other than natural purpling and senescence. It started on the bottom leaves and is working its way up the plant node by node.

I've checked my schedule and the plants are all due to receive their fortnightly dose of Nourish, and their weekly dressing with EWC and Elemental Blend. I don't have everything needed to make a tea so I will go with the scheduled treatment and hope that it is enough.

I'm going to take this back to my own journal now and report on it there. Thank you Gee.
When leaves get sunburned they are on their way out. It causes premature senescence on them. I have found that it takes about 7-10 days to really come in.

Are your other plants all fine?

Was this one in a brighter spot under higher ppfd than the others?

Screenshot_20241021_060622_AccuWeather.jpg

It looks like the end is near. The RVDV's are still at least a month away and BK needs another week to fully ripen, but she's close.

One for me, three for the worms i guess.
BK has 18 main colas, thats enough trimming.

I'll let her go until the frost wilts her. Maybe I'll throw a tarp over her and see if I can ripen her for another week.

Miss Sticky - Day 28.

20241020_150901.jpg

Larf Valley.

4 weeks since flip. Stretch is over and the flowers are growing. I think she is starting to look a little hungry, so I will start topdressing every 5 days now instead of 7. That means tomorrow, not Wednesday. She got fish water today. She's a big plant, she has pulled a lot from the pot. 6 weeks to go, maybe more.

The 8 mains around Larf Valley.
20241020_150909.jpg

20241020_150915.jpg

20241020_150920.jpg

20241020_150931.jpg

20241020_150937.jpg

20241020_150945.jpg

20241020_150952.jpg

20241020_151008.jpg
Oh hell yeah!

Here is my DIY autowater system. She ain't pretty, but it fits a 10gal round pot or a 7gal cube.

20241020_100249.jpg

Its all 1/4" dripper lines and parts.

20241020_100257.jpg

one corner has a nipple to plug in the water line.

20241020_100306.jpg

The other 3 are like this. You place it onto the pot when you uppot and it's there until harvest.

20241020_100332.jpg

Here is my small aquarium pump running to a 3/4" plastic tube that I use as my manifold. I plug 9 lines into it so I can autowater up to 9 pots. The pump goes in my RO tote.

20241020_100420.jpg

right now 5 of the 9 are plugged off and coiled up.

20241020_100414.jpg

The plugs in the ends are called goof plugs.

20241020_100355.jpg

4 lines run into the tent.

20241020_100457.jpg

3 are goof plugged and sit in here, as originally I was going to run 4 pots. What was I thinking😔.

20241021_072258.jpg

And 1 goes to here.

Then I plug the pump into a smart plug that I program with an app.

Screenshot_20241021_073741_CE Smart.jpg

Here is my current schedule. Right now all 3 cycles are actually turned off because yesterday I manually poured in 3 litres of fish water, so she's wet.

As soon as she dries down I will turn it all back on. Probably so it comes on tomorrow morning, but maybe in time for a watering this afternoon.

With stretch over I will probably have to dial it back 1-2 minutes per cycle.

Just in time to shut it off again and hit her with dolo water. Auto watering only has a part time job lol, but it's awesome to be able to turn it on when you are just maintaining.

I'll check and till the surface before I turn it back on.

Back
Top Bottom