Hello @Gee64
And everyone else :thumb:
I can’t keep up with all that goes in here lol
Iv been trying to sort my watering system out for my next run
Iv come across the blumat drip system kits, does anyone use, or used them
Iv also seen the halo drippers, they look cool aswell, so I don’t know which way to go.
Iv seen some nice ones that water from the bottom but don’t fancy going that way cause I don’t want my pots sitting in water, so any help would be great 😊
And I hope everyone’s good 😊

Iv seen some nice ones that water from the bottom but don’t fancy going that way cause I don’t want my pots sitting in water, so any help would be great 😊
If you go bottom water you'd want to probably try SIP or Swick to get around the root rot issue.

Hello @Gee64
And everyone else :thumb:
I can’t keep up with all that goes in here lol
Iv been trying to sort my watering system out for my next run
Iv come across the blumat drip system kits, does anyone use, or used them
Iv also seen the halo drippers, they look cool aswell, so I don’t know which way to go.
And I hope everyone’s good 😊
I built my own out of 1/4" drip lines and dripper heads, all hooked to a pond lump that sit's in my RO reservoir and runs off a programmable timer. Crude but effective. I have never used a commercial version but BluMat stuff definitely looks interesting.

I built my own out of 1/4" drip lines and dripper heads, all hooked to a pond lump that sit's in my RO reservoir and runs off a programmable timer. Crude but effective. I have never used a commercial version but BluMat stuff definitely looks interesting.
That’s what I’m trying to work out Gee, iv seen mars hydro have a kit, but what I’m thinking is
I can get my own container/barrel, and just use it gravity fed with those blumat things, and if I keep a bubbler in the barrel then it would keep my water from going crap and aerate it at the same time 🤷‍♂️

That’s what I’m trying to work out Gee, iv seen mars hydro have a kit, but what I’m thinking is
I can get my own container/barrel, and just use it gravity fed with those blumat things, and if I keep a bubbler in the barrel then it would keep my water from going crap and aerate it at the same time 🤷‍♂️
Definitely, and if you keep the bubbling reservoir in your tent the water will be warmer, which the soil biology likes.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow when the lights come on, of what I rigged up.

So in my current run I added the Gaia Green Mineralized Phosphate to the soil mix per the instructions and let it cook before even planting a seed in it
I have seen a nice improvement this run that when they flipped to flower they are ready to roll and start producing almost immediately after stretch.
That was a good call. I bet if you get that P just right, Gaia would produce really high brix.
I also think the Basmati rice was a good addition as well this run.
It's funny how a cup or 2 of rice makes a noticeable difference.

Now Azi has to start growing his own rice!🤣

Bazinga Azi, start digging your paddy!🤣

Definitely, and if you keep the bubbling reservoir in your tent the water will be warmer, which the soil biology likes
I was thinking the same thing lol, and I’m now looking for a bigger tent :rofl:
My one now is 1x1 meter, 2 high
I was thinking, well I found a 1.5x1 meter, 2 high, hopefully that will be enough space for a nice size bucket :thumb:
I'll take some pictures tomorrow when the lights come on, of what I rigged up.
And thanks mate, I like pics, makes it easier to understand :rofl:
And I’m loving the pics your been putting up of your outdoor ladies with that camera or lens was it you got fixed,
Look lovely ❤️:thanks:

Miss Sticky clones - Day 24 in soil.
20241019_162305.jpg

20241019_162300.jpg

Miss Sticky - Day 27 of Flower.
20241019_162108.jpg

20241019_162102.jpg

20241019_162053.jpg

20241019_162047.jpg

20241019_162042.jpg

20241019_162038.jpg

20241019_162021.jpg

20241019_162215.jpg

Carmen, could this be what's happening to you? See these burnt orange hair tips? It's because the fan blows the leaf above and it touches this top. It's the only top getting rubbed, and the only top with red hairs.

It could well be the wind Gee. There was a gale force wind a couple of nights before I noticed the browning tips. This still makes me suspicious about pollen but I'm really hoping it was something else.

It could well be the wind Gee. There was a gale force wind a couple of nights before I noticed the browning tips. This still makes me suspicious about pollen but I'm really hoping it was something else.

I'm hoping it's something else too Carmen🤞

❤️ That looks like a Very Happy Girl! ❤️

I don't think it was pollinated, I think they pull back into the calyx when pollinated to form the seeds?
Thank you Med :hug: I'll take the positivity. I've had the misfortune of rogue pollination outdoors more than once and in my recollection this kind of browning of the tips is the first sign. I found the following by @Royal Queen Seeds :

"You can also tell if pollen has fertilised a female plant by paying close attention to the pistils—the flowers' reproductive organs. These hair-like structures change in colour over the course of the normal flowering phase from white to dark orange or red. In unfertilised flowers, the entire pistil will undergo this change. However, following exposure to pollen, only the tips of the pistils turn dark, whereas the “stalk” remains white."

I was digging around on Youtube looking for a time lapse but couldn't find one. There's an idea that's make someone a lot of followers! I found this instead and it is utterly glorious!

I'ma hold onto the positivity and hope it's nothing to worry about :)

That was a good call. I bet if you get that P just right, Gaia would produce really high brix.

It's funny how a cup or 2 of rice makes a noticeable difference.

Now Azi has to start growing his own rice!🤣

Bazinga Azi, start digging your paddy!🤣
Well that settles it I'm going to have to find a new place to live considering that I now need a worm, aloe and rice farm haha. My wife's def not going to like this new development lol.

Gee, I have given my Cream Mandarin two half doses of calmag this week. The mag deficiency is still spreading and it has reached the fifth node. I don't have many fan leaves on this plant to begin with. Should I give another, full strength dose?

Gee, I have given my Cream Mandarin two half doses of calmag this week. The mag deficiency is still spreading and it has reached the fifth node. I don't have many fan leaves on this plant to begin with. Should I give another, full strength dose?
At this point it probably can't hurt. I wish you had a refractometer, that would tell us. If you think it's a calmag issue for sure then yes I would give it more. Is the soil crusty when dry on top?

Well that settles it I'm going to have to find a new place to live considering that I now need a worm, aloe and rice farm haha. My wife's def not going to like this new development lol.
I haven't noticed a huge difference between the plant that got aloe and the one that didn't. Immediately there was a bit of a brix difference but now the 2 plants seem equal. I'll whip up another aloe water as soon as they need a drink.

Miss Sticky clones - Day 24 in soil.
20241019_162305.jpg

20241019_162300.jpg

Miss Sticky - Day 27 of Flower.
20241019_162108.jpg

20241019_162102.jpg

20241019_162053.jpg

20241019_162047.jpg

20241019_162042.jpg

20241019_162038.jpg

20241019_162021.jpg

20241019_162215.jpg

Carmen, could this be what's happening to you? See these burnt orange hair tips? It's because the fan blows the leaf above and it touches this top. It's the only top getting rubbed, and the only top with red hairs.
When they all connect it's going to look like bat city in there!

I haven't noticed a huge difference between the plant that got aloe and the one that didn't. Immediately there was a bit of a brix difference but now the 2 plants seem equal. I'll whip up another aloe water as soon as they need a drink.
My guess is it's more of a help if you have stressed plants. Unfortunately for you, you don't have any problem issues that it can help. If there was a disease or bug issue going around the aloe would help strengthen the plant but for you it's probably mostly very subtle if any effect.

What you need to do is quit growing super healthy plants so you can benefit from these extra gardening hacks.

So, get rid of the worm bin, toss your soil inventory and amendment stash, go buy yourself some peat moss and start over. You know, man up and slog on like most growers!

Only then will you get to appreciate the power of things like aloe.

:thumb:

My guess is it's more of a help if you have stressed plants. Unfortunately for you, you don't have any problem issues that it can help. If there was a disease or bug issue going around the aloe would help strengthen the plant but for you it's probably mostly very subtle if any effect.

What you need to do is quit growing super healthy plants so you can benefit from these extra gardening hacks.

So, get rid of the worm bin, toss your soil inventory and amendment stash, go buy yourself some peat moss and start over. You know, man up and slog on like most growers!

Only then will you get to appreciate the power of things like aloe.

:thumb:
F@$*ing awesome!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom