4:15 am is not a typical start to my day, but I'll check after the lights have been on for an hour or so.
Leaf temp is a half degree below air so, some improvement. I moved the plant down a little more.

VPD 1.97. Still too high. I'll see how it is tomorrow and decide on whether to add a bowl of water to increase humidity. It was 47 so I don't want to move it up too high.

@Azimuth the dolo water is at 68ppm today. Still going up a bit.
Seems probably better to use it all straight from concentrate since you can have better control the ppm's that you're watering with. My concentrate is stable as well, while my diluted versions rise like your's.

Leaf temp is a half degree below air so, some improvement. I moved the plant down a little more.

VPD 1.97. Still too high. I'll see how it is tomorrow and decide on whether to add a bowl of water to increase humidity. It was 47 so I don't want to move it up too high.
At least you are on the right side of the line now. Thats the important thing. This will be a big change for the plant. Let's see what happens.

Seems probably better to use it all straight from concentrate since you can have better control the ppm's that you're watering with. My concentrate is stable as well, while my diluted versions rise like your's.
I'm sure it's the calcium breaking down but I agree. Mix it, use it, and let the soil break it down. It is a good warning not to mix it too strong tho, knowing that it's actually stronger than it appears. My 45 ppm going to 68 ppm is a 50% increase. I wonder if commercial Calmag does this too?

if you can get leaf down to 2 degrees offset and RH to 54 you are in the sweet spot. 84F air temp is fine with LOS if you can get VPD in line.

Good morning Gee hope your weekend is going to be awesome.

I have a question about clones and soil lol. So I know that you have run your Durban in specific soil that helps push the Brix higher. I took a clone of that plant I'm growing that's able to push into the 20's.

My question is what can/should I do to preserve that "Mother" plants soil? Is there anything I can do to push the clone higher into the 20's? I really just want to see how high her threshold is haha.

I have a question about clones and soil lol. So I know that you have run your Durban in specific soil that helps push the Brix higher. I took a clone of that plant I'm growing that's able to push into the 20's.

My question is what can/should I do to preserve that "Mother" plants soil? Is there anything I can do to push the clone higher into the 20's? I really just want to see how high her threshold is haha.
Well if light and minerals are adequate, and you water correctly, and your environment is good, brix comes down to the 5 things.

Carbon Oxygen, Calcium, Phosphorus, and microbes.

Your soil is solid or you wouldn't have got near 20, so I'm leaning in a couple directions.

One is that you are battling calcium right now, as in having to add dolo-water, so you could have added more to your mix at cooking. That will increase brix.

The other is microbes. Obviously your mix is quite balanced or you wouldn't have brixxed that high, and calcium can be easily maintained thru dolo-water, but you may have room to increase microbial activity to create more food and more humates, which move your minerals. So a compost or EWC tea and a myco drench can't hurt. Don't make the tea a feed, just EWC and molasses, and myself I like to add kelp meal, but it's not nescessary.

It gets tricky around 20 because it's hard to get improvement when you are close to the top. It could also be that your pheno just isn't capable of more, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

P is the big one. If you dump too much in myco rebels and it goes bad quick, and if you add just a smidge more it takes a couple weeks to show improvement.

So you are best to have it always available right from day 1, and as the plant grows it can stay caught up, or even a bit ahead, on P. The plant needs a smidge more P every day, than it needed the day before, simply because it's bigger today than it was yesterday. Even in flower it still puts on weight. Having myco well established early also really helps, so some successful used soil is always a good myco/microbe innoculant for a mix.

My thoughts on Gaia was that it was fantastic, but a bit light on P, so if you have some bone meal or high P bat guano available, I would add a bit of that to the mix. Even in veg.

Your temporary drop in brix, which looks like you are recovering well from, was probably caused by defoliating.

DSC_0113-Edit.jpg

My 3 inch tall, 27 day old Gelato auto by Herbies. This is it's full destiny. It's in the garden now, so it can send out roots to grab nutes from the ground if it so chooses but I am not going to up pot and waste precious soil on it lol. I wonder what it will produce. I gave it a fair shot and nurtured it as if it were a baby bird for a week.

DSC_0113-Edit.jpg

My 3 inch tall, 27 day old Gelato auto by Herbies. This is it's full destiny. It's in the garden now, so it can send out roots to grab nutes from the ground if it so chooses but I am not going to up pot and waste precious soil on it lol. I wonder what it will produce. I gave it a fair shot and nurtured it as if it were a baby bird for a week.
Awesome! It looks really happy. This will be cool to watch.

A friend gave me 4 auto seeds so next year outdoor auto's are a go for me, so I would love to watch you grow some.... hint.... hint...🤣

Got a spare seed you could sprout straight out of a garden?

Oops, did I say that out loud....

I bet it would do well. 😁

Awesome! It looks really happy. This will be cool to watch.

A friend gave me 4 auto seeds so next year outdoor auto's are a go for me, so I would love to watch you grow some.... hint.... hint...🤣

Got a spare seed you could sprout straight out of a garden?

Oops, did I say that out loud....

I bet it would do well. 😁
I have. I also a prepared pot of soil out there. I tried to nuke the scarab grubs with powdered Beauveria Bassiana that I hand mixed into the soil all the way through. So hopefully that put paid to those pests. I think the ground itself is literally builders' rubble covered in sand. Should I pop a seed directly into the pot and see how it goes? LMFAO Gee, you are a BAD influence 👽

Well I vote yes!😊
It's done 😜 Lol, this winking face reminds me of how I felt last night. I went out with a few women to a wine tasting and I was absent mindedly examining the goings on and my eyes settled for a brief moment on a man in conversation. He noticed I was watching and he looked my way and winked at me. I tried to return the wink and it felt like this lol, like a lopsided gimp with my tongue hanging out. Remind me to never try to wink at anyone ever again :rofl:

Yes do it. Even a photo will go until Dec and then flower. If you top and train it it won't get big. Then you get the b est of summer. Even an auto will probably benefit from the awesome sun in summer. I'd plant it on 1 Nov then you really get the best light.

Well if light and minerals are adequate, and you water correctly, and your environment is good, brix comes down to the 5 things.

Carbon Oxygen, Calcium, Phosphorus, and microbes.

Your soil is solid or you wouldn't have got near 20, so I'm leaning in a couple directions.

One is that you are battling calcium right now, as in having to add dolo-water, so you could have added more to your mix at cooking. That will increase brix.

The other is microbes. Obviously your mix is quite balanced or you wouldn't have brixxed that high, and calcium can be easily maintained thru dolo-water, but you may have room to increase microbial activity to create more food and more humates, which move your minerals. So a compost or EWC tea and a myco drench can't hurt. Don't make the tea a feed, just EWC and molasses, and myself I like to add kelp meal, but it's not nescessary.

It gets tricky around 20 because it's hard to get improvement when you are close to the top. It could also be that your pheno just isn't capable of more, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

P is the big one. If you dump too much in myco rebels and it goes bad quick, and if you add just a smidge more it takes a couple weeks to show improvement.

So you are best to have it always available right from day 1, and as the plant grows it can stay caught up, or even a bit ahead, on P. The plant needs a smidge more P every day, than it needed the day before, simply because it's bigger today than it was yesterday. Even in flower it still puts on weight. Having myco well established early also really helps, so some successful used soil is always a good myco/microbe innoculant for a mix.

My thoughts on Gaia was that it was fantastic, but a bit light on P, so if you have some bone meal or high P bat guano available, I would add a bit of that to the mix. Even in veg.
So in my current run I added the Gaia Green Mineralized Phosphate to the soil mix per the instructions and let it cook before even planting a seed in it. I have seen a nice improvement this run that when they flipped to flower they are ready to roll and start producing almost immediately after stretch. I don't believe it's all genetics either because of the difference in the 2 plants, one is a kush strain and one is a haze. I also think the Basmati rice was a good addition as well this run.

Is there a limit to the amount of nutrients you can pack into the soil before it gets too hot? I know using Gaia is a little different than using Revs recipe. I'm thinking my next run is going to be in 7 gallon pots and I want to get as much into the soil as I can.

We just got back from the new wine tractor at Eikendal. 5 farms 5 tastings and lunch. Now back I have to walk the dog hahaha.
I saw that advertised. Is it worth the coin?

It is. I like prilled dolomite. For that I use 1/4 cup prilled dolomite in 1 quart of water, shake the daylights out of it, and thats my concentrate. The I use 1/4 cup concentrate in 3 gallons of water and it comes out to 75-ish ppm and I water with that.
I’m confused about ppm. Do I need to measure any time I add something to the water? I assume there is an upper limit - is there a minimum? FYI, I use rainwater when it rains enough to collect a few gallons & store bought purified water when I have to. I’m an SIP devotee, but top water with calmag once weekly or so. I’m about to add RO component to my filtration system & then I’ll use that exclusively. I’ll put on some coffee…

Kinda spendy if you ask me. But I've had at least 25 tasters. It was pretty nice to go all the back roads between the farms.
It does sound like a fun day out indeed :) It was a gorgeous day today!

Back
Top Bottom