I never mix indoors and outdoors so I'm not the one to ask.
I'm not. I just want to know if the grubs are parasitic. I'm certainly not bringing them indoors! I keep all of my good soil in totes so that it doesn't get contaminated. This is outdoor soil I am referring to. I just want to know if the grubs are going to eat my weed roots.

I'm not. I just want to know if the grubs are parasitic. I'm certainly not bringing them indoors! I keep all of my good soil in totes so that it doesn't get contaminated. This is outdoor soil I am referring to. I just want to know if the grubs are going to eat my weed roots.
Oh Good, I kinda figured you wouldn't bring them in but I've seen it before, it's usually disasterous🤣. Does your Bovaria stuff kill things like grubs? From what I've read it's a great myco companion.

Oh Good, I kinda figured you wouldn't bring them in but I've seen it before, it's usually disasterous🤣. Does your Bovaria stuff kill things like grubs? From what I've read it's a great myco companion.
Thanks for the idea. It's worth a try. I just read that White Grubs are among the pests targeted by BB. THIS is interesting to read.

Thanks for the idea. It's worth a try. I just read that White Grubs are among the pests targeted by BB. THIS is interesting to read.
This is an awesome link Carmen😊👊. Thank You.

If you guys all read this, and you should, make note of the point made near the bottom that states that after 15 minutes of exposure to UV, the BB spores start to degrade, so make sure you don't just sprinkle it on top.

Mulch over it, and a cloudy day for innoculating with it likely really enhances it's effectiveness.

If you water it on, I would immediately mulch over and then water it in again with plain water to wash it in a bit more.

Super Spam, The Outdoor Gang.
20241011_140311.jpg

20241011_140300.jpg

20241011_140253.jpg

20241011_140246.jpg

20241011_140236.jpg

20241011_140229.jpg

20241011_140029.jpg

20241011_140019.jpg

20241011_140008.jpg

20241011_135930.jpg

Frost last night but today is a warm desert day. They show an upcoming week in the 20's with lows going back up to 10-12C.

Fingers crossed.

I made up some dolo water with the prilled version, a mix of 4oz dolo into 32oz (1L) of rain water, and then further dilute it into a working container that I use over the course of a week or so.

What I have found is that the ppm's of this working container drift up from about 40 ppm's to over 60 diluting the week which suggests to me that the original container is fully saturated with the lime and there's still even more in there than can be dissolved in the water and once additional water is provided in the working container, the extra dolo that wasn't able to be dissolved in the original container is able to be absorbed.

So, basically, at 4oz to 32oz, I'm using more dolo than the water can absorb. When we make WCA we make it at a ratio of 1:10 so I think I'll try a lower concentration on many next run and see if I can get a stable working container ppm.

I made up some dolo water with the prilled version, a mix of 4oz dolo into 32oz (1L) of rain water, and then further dilute it into a working container that I use over the course of a week or so.

What I have found is that the ppm's of this working container drift up from about 40 ppm's to over 60 diluting the week which suggests to me that the original container is fully saturated with the lime and there's still even more in there than can be dissolved in the water and once additional water is provided in the working container, the extra dolo that wasn't able to be dissolved in the original container is able to be absorbed.

So, basically, at 4oz to 32oz, I'm using more dolo than the water can absorb. When we make WCA we make it at a ratio of 1:10 so I think I'll try a lower concentration on many next run and see if I can get a stable working container ppm.
Good to know. I use a quarter cup per litre of RO water in a canning jar and shake the daylights out of it. After a 5 minute shakedown it seems to hold it's ppm.

I shake it, put a quarter cup of it in 3 gallons of water and it comes out 70-75ppm like clock work. I still measure every time but it is pretty convenient. Maybe different brands prill it differently.

I buy it bulk in 50 pound bags from a feed store. If I ever get a different brand I will definitely keep an eye on this.

2 more days and I should be finished my current project, possibly 3.

If I have to go in on Monday to clean up loose ends, it's a holiday and I won't have distraction. It won't take long.

After that, I'm retired until Spring😊

The wife says "Yeah Right!?!, when one of your Cronies phones, you'll do it."

Hehe, no I won't. Their problems will still be there in April. Or May. Or June. 🤣

Final one, sorry everyone. With last nights frost and now a warm week coming I want to track any colors that come in, so you may get spammed a lot this week.

20241011_134730.jpg

20241011_134733.jpg

20241011_134738.jpg

20241011_134804.jpg

20241011_134812.jpg

20241011_134815.jpg

20241011_134826.jpg

20241011_134832.jpg

20241011_134840.jpg

20241011_134902.jpg
How dare you spam photos of awesome buds your growing in our your thread hahahaha. Awesome plants and I can't wait to see more of them. :yummy:

Speaking of outdoor plants, can high Brix outdoor plants resist bud rot or mold because they are extra healthy? I know it's caused by environment/moisture but I wondered if it was harder to take hold because the plant is able to resist it better?

How dare you spam photos of awesome buds your growing in our your thread hahahaha. Awesome plants and I can't wait to see more of them. :yummy:

Speaking of outdoor plants, can high Brix outdoor plants resist bud rot or mold because they are extra healthy? I know it's caused by environment/moisture but I wondered if it was harder to take hold because the plant is able to resist it better?
Absolutely they can, and do. To a point.

But.....

If the season turns and brix can't stay up they are no longer able too.

In the end fungus gets everything. You can't outrun it.It's the floor that everything else lives on when it comes to the food chain.

But in reality, yeah high brix has a great chance because in order to have high brix you need 5 things besides light and minerals. You need calcium, phosphorus, carbon, oxygen, and beneficial microbes.

If you have enough microbes to keep you at high brix they are all over your plant.

They are even inside it in the sap.

Pathogens don't have a chance as the microbes are the immunity, just as the human gut biome is most of our immune system.

So if you can reach harvest with the weather and nutrition to still be high brix you are still healthy, so mildews, etc can't get a hold.

Except, of course, grasshoppers. They are satanic little fucks with no respect for brix.

But if the environment gets too cold and damp for too long you can lose your brix, then you're fair game.

Sugar is a preservative.

Absolutely they can, and do. To a point.

But.....

If the season turns and brix can't stay up they are no longer able too.

In the end fungus gets everything. You can't outrun it.It's the floor that everything else lives on when it comes to the food chain.

But in reality, yeah high brix has a great chance because in order to have high brix you need 5 things besides light and minerals. You need calcium, phosphorus, carbon, oxygen, and beneficial microbes.

If you have enough microbes to keep you at high brix they are all over your plant.

They are even inside it in the sap.

Pathogens don't have a chance as the microbes are the immunity, just as the human gut biome is most of our immune system.

So if you can reach harvest with the weather and nutrition to still be high brix you are still healthy, so mildews, etc can't get a hold.

Except, of course, grasshoppers. They are satanic little fucks with no respect for brix.

But if the environment gets too cold and damp for too long you can lose your brix, then you're fair game.

Sugar is a preservative.
The fungus got me this year... I had one outdoor plant and took it down looked great, wet trimmed it, hung it and just checked on it drying... Brown with a side of white fuzz lol. It got thrown out immediately and the cardboard drying box is in the recycle bin. Too bad because it smelled good, like moldy grapes haha.

Ps it was a non organic low Brix plant

The fungus got me this year... I had one outdoor plant and took it down looked great, wet trimmed it, hung it and just checked on it drying... Brown with a side of white fuzz lol. It got thrown out immediately and the cardboard drying box is in the recycle bin. Too bad because it smelled good, like moldy grapes haha.

Ps it was a non organic low Brix plant
Sorry G, that sucks. Even with organics this can happen if the weather turns inclement for too long. Hopefully you weren't relying on it to keep your stash from running low.

Glorious colours coming in Gee! Beautiful!
Thanks Carmen. The potential is certainly there for color. This is the Mother of the seed cross I made this strain from.

20200327_073127.jpg

She was the most colorful plant I ever grown. This isn't altered, you can see the other strains finishing yellowed behind her.

I say that because I have been accused of photoshopping this a few times. It's Delicious Seeds 11 Roses.

I'm hoping the frost will bring some of these colors out in this one I'm growing now.

Back
Top Bottom