Hey Azimuth i tried CBD isolate & Tinctures & that did nothing for my pain, nerve damage on the lower spine & abdomen/flank area & sternum i do have some CBD & i'm sure a CBG strain in photo periods which i'll try soon but so far heavy indicas work best but also looking at a CBD/THC strains, i'm trying to get my back room/laundry/drying room straightened out for a another 3x3 tent or see how 6 plants in the 5x4 works out then use the 3x3 for a CBD plant
6 years ago my son was in a really bad car accident. He had a lot of broken bones and heavy nerve damage in both legs. He was afraid of becoming addicted to opiates so while he was in hospital (42 days in there).

I ordered some Candida CD-1 CBD seeds and some Cinderella99 seeds, which are supposed to be good for pain, and even tho C99 is sativa dominant (85/15), it ripens in 8 weeks.

I grew out all 10 seeds of each, got 1 sativa CD-1 pheno, which is supposed to be about 20% CBD, and a very studley C-99 male, and crossed them.

My son decided upon release from the hospital that he would endure the pain and dropped the opiates cold turkey on Day 42.

He told me not to bother with growing the CD-1/C-99 cross as he wanted to try to learn to manage the pain with only regular weed, so I never did grow them out.

I should grow one just to see. It was an outdoor open pollination, so I have hundreds of seeds that have been curing in the jars with the weed for 5 years. I'll have to put that on my very long list of things to try.

I also crossed the pollen with a gorgeous C99 female and an extremely stellar 11 Roses indica female at the same time. The 11 Roses cross is my BK strain, which grows a big yield of beautiful buds outdoors.

The buzz isn't for me, but the plant is hassle free and all my buddies love it, so I usually grow one every year.

The CD-1 by itself is a really good tasting strain. It tastes like sugar coated lemons with a twist of sweet pine. Zero THC tho, but it tastes fantastic.

Hey Azimuth i tried CBD isolate & Tinctures & that did nothing for my pain, nerve damage on the lower spine & abdomen/flank area & sternum i do have some CBD & i'm sure a CBG strain in photo periods which i'll try soon but so far heavy indicas work best but also looking at a CBD/THC strains, i'm trying to get my back room/laundry/drying room straightened out for a another 3x3 tent or see how 6 plants in the 5x4 works out then use the 3x3 for a CBD plant
Yeah, nerve damage and spinal cord issues are more helped with THC. CBD can help if the pain is caused by inflammation, but even a small amount of CBD (say 10-20%) can help potentiate the THC making it work even better.

Your body has both CB-1 receptors, found mainly in the nervous system (brain and spinal column) and CB-2 receptors found mostly in the organs and lymphatic system.

THC interacts primary with the CB-1 receptors and CBD mostly with the CB-2's.

CBG, however, interacts with both and has a lot of crossover impacts when compared with CBD so that one might be an interesting one to try as well.

Miss Sticky - Day 4 of Flower.
20240926_064006.jpg

She adjusted quickly to the tie-downs. Now it's time to let her stretch into place.

Miss Sticky clones - Day 1 in soil.
20240926_064037.jpg

20240926_064042.jpg

They are a bit droopy but they should perk up by tomorrow or the next day. They certainly didn't rebel against their new homes.

20240926_064034.jpg

This is the one with the browning tips, but that seems to have disappeared. Maybe I wasn't too late.😊🤞

20240926_064049.jpg

Hopefully they start to pray pretty quickly. No used soil will slow the process a bit.

20240926_064105.jpg

Everyone in the veg tent got a huge haircut. All the apex colas are gone. The LC-18's are a clone farm now.

I need to get them healthier, as they are still rebelling against the strong Rev mix. Hopefully they adjust enough to at least produce some good cuts.

RVDV Mumma is left rear in the cube pot. She is very happy. I pruned her way back too.

The new MS cuts are in the front in the small pots.

Yeah, nerve damage and spinal cord issues are more THC issues. CBD can help if the pain is caused by inflammation, but even a small amount of CBD (say 10-20%) can help potentiate the THC making it work even better.
This was my understanding too when I made my cross.

How's your son managing with his ditch normal weed? I'd think high brix herb from a thoughtful cross would have better success than random stuff. 🤔
He buys it from the dispensary. I've offered many times but they have some strain that works for him and he can't find it from seed. It's a dispensary on the indigenous reserve, where weed sells cheap, so he gets ounces for $20.

It's a heavy indica strain.

6 years ago my son was in a really bad car accident. He had a lot of broken bones and heavy nerve damage in both legs. He was afraid of becoming addicted to opiates so while he was in hospital (42 days in there).

I ordered some Candida CD-1 CBD seeds and some Cinderella99 seeds, which are supposed to be good for pain, and even tho C99 is sativa dominant (85/15), it ripens in 8 weeks.

I grew out all 10 seeds of each, got 1 sativa CD-1 pheno, which is supposed to be about 20% CBD, and a very studley C-99 male, and crossed them.

My son decided upon release from the hospital that he would endure the pain and dropped the opiates cold turkey on Day 42.

He told me not to bother with growing the CD-1/C-99 cross as he wanted to try to learn to manage the pain with only regular weed, so I never did grow them out.

I should grow one just to see. It was an outdoor open pollination, so I have hundreds of seeds that have been curing in the jars with the weed for 5 years. I'll have to put that on my very long list of things to try.

I also crossed the pollen with a gorgeous C99 female and an extremely stellar 11 Roses indica female at the same time. The 11 Roses cross is my BK strain, which grows a big yield of beautiful buds outdoors.

The buzz isn't for me, but the plant is hassle free and all my buddies love it, so I usually grow one every year.

The CD-1 by itself is a really good tasting strain. It tastes like sugar coated lemons with a twist of sweet pine. Zero THC tho, but it tastes fantastic.
thanks Gee i've been taking 40-50mg of morphine daily for the past 11 years & the dose has not increased since day one which i think the weed helps that i take tolerance breaks every once in a while for 2 week stretch's but only able to sleep maybe 2 hrs a day if lucky & try not to take them till between 4-6 pm just to help with a half decent sleep which gives me 1.5-2 hours sleep then back to sleep with in a half hour & i sleep for 8-10 hours, i try to keep active during the summer & do light weights & stretch's through the winter, laying around hurt more but so does exercising but not as bad being still, so its hard to find a full replacement for the morphine i might try growing some mushrooms & try micro dosing for the evenings, the pain i have was a result of testicular cancer at the age of 46 which is very rare for older folks usually is 16-30 year old's that get it then it spread through my lymph nodes & a boney mass on the lower spine chemo took care of the cancer but lymph nodes kept swelling around the left kidney & a main vessel by the heart so while they gutted me like a northern pike they removed the boney mass on the lower spine which left scare tissue & nerve damage which effects the plisses of nerves on lower back abdomen/flank area & sternum so very hard to find good pain relief i'll find a happy medium somewhere, sorry for the rant, sorry about your son & hope he's managing it well

Yeah, nerve damage and spinal cord issues are more helped with THC. CBD can help if the pain is caused by inflammation, but even a small amount of CBD (say 10-20%) can help potentiate the THC making it work even better.

Your body has both CB-1 receptors, found mainly in the nervous system (brain and spinal column) and CB-2 receptors found mostly in the organs and lymphatic system.

THC reacts primary with the CB-1 receptors and CBD mostly with the CB-2's.

CBG, however, reacts with both and has a lot of crossover impacts as compared with CBD so that one might be an interesting one to try as well.
Thanks Azi just might try the CBG one on the 2nd winter grow

Thanks Gee man, I remembered as soon as I saw that. I was initially thinking loose, flappy paper towel lol. It had slipped my mind.

Rob I am never sure with autos. I just respond to the deficiency or lockout or whatever, and then hope for the best. I would hope you have enough green leaf to feed the plants until harvest if you say you only have one and two weeks left for those two plants. If they are this close to harvest, the fade may also be attributed to senescence I think. Are they really that close to harvest? The flowers look to me as if they have a way to go yet.

I'd definitely follow what Gee suggests in this post:

How moist is the soil?
It’s doing the same thing my last one did. I thought it’d never finish, but it did & the weed isn’t half bad. Senescence is what I was thinking…

You might also try the acidic versions of them which are said to be much better absorbed by the body, like 3-10x for CBD at least.
acidic versions? like PH the nutes @ 6.0 or 5.8 or lower? sorry for highjacking your thread Gee

thanks Gee i've been taking 40-50mg of morphine daily for the past 11 years & the dose has not increased since day one which i think the weed helps that i take tolerance breaks every once in a while for 2 week stretch's but only able to sleep maybe 2 hrs a day if lucky & try not to take them till between 4-6 pm just to help with a half decent sleep which gives me 1.5-2 hours sleep then back to sleep with in a half hour & i sleep for 8-10 hours, i try to keep active during the summer & do light weights & stretch's through the winter, laying around hurt more but so does exercising but not as bad being still, so its hard to find a full replacement for the morphine i might try growing some mushrooms & try micro dosing for the evenings, the pain i have was a result of testicular cancer at the age of 46 which is very rare for older folks usually is 16-30 year old's that get it then it spread through my lymph nodes & a boney mass on the lower spine chemo took care of the cancer but lymph nodes kept swelling around the left kidney & a main vessel by the heart so while they gutted me like a northern pike they removed the boney mass on the lower spine which left scare tissue & nerve damage which effects the plisses of nerves on lower back abdomen/flank area & sternum so very hard to find good pain relief i'll find a happy medium somewhere, sorry for the rant, sorry about your son & hope he's managing it well
It's not a rant Buddy, it's good to know where people are coming from. I'm so sorry you have to endure this❤️👊.

acidic versions? like PH the nutes @ 6.0 or 5.8 or lower? sorry for highjacking your thread Gee
Lol. No.

Canna plants do not produce THC, CBD or any of the other well known cannabinoids directly.

Instead, they produce the acidic versions (THCa, CBDa, CBGa, etc.) and then those are converted to what is commonly referred to as the "activated" versions as they degrade through some combination of time and temperature (lower temp and more time, or higher temp and less time).

"Activated" suggests the plant matter needs to be set on fire to have any benefit which of course is not true at all.

I use most of my stuff in the raw, acidic version which is supposed to be much better absorbed by the body, but without any psychotropic effect.

It's not a rant Buddy, it's good to know where people are coming from. I'm so sorry you have to endure this❤️👊.
Better to be above ground than in it & the disability payments are enough to live 1/2 decent for now Lol! i don't miss working that much

Lol. No.

Canna plants do not produce THC, CBD or any of the other well known cannabinoids directly.

Instead, they produce the acidic versions (THCa, CBDa, CBGa, etc.) and then those are converted to what is commonly referred to as the "activated" versions as they degrade through some combination of time and temperature (lower temp and more time, or higher temp and less time).

"Activated" suggests the plant matter needs to be set on fire to have any benefit which of course is not true at all.

I use most of my stuff in the raw, acidic version which is supposed to be much better absorbed by the body, but without any psychotropic effect.
Thanks Azi i'll dig into that a bit more

She's looking much better than the previous pictures😊.

Screenshot_20240926_040613_Chrome.jpg

This mottling right here in the leaves looks like a cold plant. How are your ambient temps?

The water you add to the SIP, is it warmed to tent temperatures first? If you leave your water in the tent for a couple days before you use it it helps.

LOS really likes warmth at the rootball.
A heat mat would help if you have one.

Cold temps can purple your stems too.
Ambient room temps are no lower than 68°f at night & 85° during the day. 74° - 82° is the average. They are sitting on a concrete floor, so that probably makes a difference. I’ll definitely have to address that before what we call winter. @StoneOtter actually wraps his SIPs with heat mats which I think is quite clever. I do have a heat mat, and the pot is sitting in a bag…
IMG_5117.jpeg
IMG_5119.jpeg

Snug as a bug.

69-77 isn't too bad at all. The heat tube will probably be enough. Thats great that you have a temp tester👍.

Living soil likes it warmer than what synthetics require, it gets the microbes hopping. If you can warm it a couple more degrees on the night temps your golden.

My guess is your plants are looking hungry mainly because the pots ran out of food and calcium. What you have done, and maintaining it, should turn them around.

Hopefully quick enough to save some leaves.

Both those ingredients you purchased look quite good. Keep using them as per the instructions, and next grow if you follow the instructions for mixing into a pot, and mix it in about 2 weeks before you plant, or if you start with new supersoil then start the top dressing immediately, you should be able to avoid this.

EWC is your best friend in LOS, and you should add it as a top dressing weekly.

On top of being very nutritious, it contains a good amount of bio-available calcium, so replenishing it weekly and watering that calcium in every time you water keeps calcium up top where it can work it's way down.

It can help keep both hunger and calcium issues away. The thing to remember with EWC is that when you spply it and water it in, on it's 1st drydown it will always go crusty. That's not a calcium deficiency, it's just a characteristic of EWC, so every time you go to water the plants, get your fingers in and break that up, then smooth the surface out to ensure that when you water it will seep in evenly.

Fish fertilizers feed the myco directly, and you need your myco to be healthy for good plant health and brix, so you need to work it in regularly. Once a week is best, but thats not always doable when you have to cycle calmag in, but try for at least once every 10 days. It really makes a difference.

Another really good way to avoid deficiency is to recognize early what side branching will become larf at harvest, and prune it out when it is small and first starting to grow. That way the plant doesn't waste food on crappy buds and branches that you don't really want, and it will also focus the growing onto the main colas.

This is where having a worm farm pays off, as you can't wait to cut it off because the worms love it. It makes the brain happier to prune it out.

I store it in ziplock bags in the freezer until the worms need feeding.

If you decide that living soil is the way you want to grow then a worm farm is a great investment. All your weed and your house plants will love it, and everything will work better. It builds really good tilth.
Thanks for all that info @Gee64
And yeah I can see why the worm farms are a good investment, buying it is gunna add up, cheapest one iv found was £15 for ten litres, that’s only gunna do a couple of weeks 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do like the idea of growing in LOS, and i think iv found one that will suit me at a good price, the royal mix is the one I was looking at, here’s the link if you wanna take a look, it’s all naturally fertilised, I think 😂

I did check my soil temp just as lights came on, with the heat tube now in there, the soil was 71, iv turned it up just a tad and will check tomorrow at lights on, and me soil has all gone mouldy, dunno if that’s where I didn’t wash the top dressing right in, cos I didn’t wanna drench them 2 days on the trot, so I don’t know if it’s a bad thing iv done, I will put a pic up 👍

And I managed to brix the other 2, their worse than the others, and I got pics thou 🥳🍾🤣😂 I will put them up
And I think that’s about it, ole the pics, if you put the refractometer on a side somewhere, it’s a lot easier to do what g- one was saying with playing about with the camera, I will put up a pic of how I did it, hope that helps

Thank you for all your time and help Gee, it’s very much appreciated
:thanks: :thumb:

667649A0-CAFE-48DB-AC7B-8730A5E98E38.jpeg

645E68F1-34C6-4B4D-AC28-8D59FC06C976.jpeg

3A79D1FB-C754-454C-9674-0BAC159F7B58.jpeg

F3EEA3E9-7A87-4BBD-BF02-699A5BCB9036.jpeg

CE3DDCDD-A383-4A80-99BA-CD0DA2C6C78D.jpeg

If it takes more than a half hour of squeezing, you're doing it wrong.
:rofl:
It felt like an hour and half workout @Azimuth 😂

It was much easier today, I was trying to squeeze the coins and get juice first go, but today I gave it a good squeeze, then pilled it back up on the coins, then got it second squeeze quite easy, only felt like a 45 minute workout today :rofl::thumb:

Your not hijacking, this is a discussion room and a photo dump and anything else as long as it's not hard/rude on anyone. A safe space. No trolls allowed.

If you want/need anything primarily organic, but anything really, ask or share away. If you start a new grow or want to advertise a current grow toss in a link.

Photobomb away. Fire up a new subject. Really it's just a room of general discussion and showing what you have going on, with a slant on organics. LOS in particular, but we talk SIPS, Swicks, cloning, troubleshooting, pretty much anything, and if you need the floor it's all yours.

There's a lot of pretty savvy people lurking, so help is around for lots of things too. Grab a seat.

If you have things you want help with but don't want to clog up your current journal, someone here can probably help, and every now and then we figure out something pretty cool.

And of course I dump my daily doings in here to have a record, but I figure if I turn it into a story of sorts so you guys understand what I'm talking about instead of just dumping numbers in that only make sense to me, then it's somewhat entertaining and my way of paying rent to 420 for allowing me to document my stuff so I can look back on it.

Did I mention we love pictures??!!

Lol. No.

Decarboxylated is the technical term. In laymens terms the a gets dropoed. Thca becomes thc, cbda becomes cdb, that sorta thing.

Wussy!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom