Not really, I'm pretty sure you answered my silly question good and proper. The world works on electricity I'm learning here at The Mag. Electron and current flow theory got taught to me 50 years ago. I see the same theory here with the soil. you'd think I'd understand it easier! :laugh: We get nourished, plants get nourished, and the phone in our pocket all exist only because of electricity. It's a little mind blowing.

Gee took the leash off and I got a little silly Kal. It's all true just out of line for here.
It confused me mate @StoneOtter :rofl:

Here’s me struggling with ph, I. couldn’t ever understand what I was reading :rofl::adore:

Azi, how are your plants coming?
9.5 brix with a pretty crisp line the day before next tea.

Kind of surprised as it got dolo water earlier in the week which helped increase brix levels, but calcium dropped noticeably.

It'll get the next round of tea tomorrow and I think I'll increase my castings top dressing. I give it 1 tablespoon per gallon weekly but the crisp line suggests that may not be enough.

It's getting flipped this weekend and I'm going to likely uppot the next round but make an adjustment to the pot design to see if I can drop out the perched water table altogether using a reverse wick of some sort.

This next one is the spreadsheet soil mix.

The next round of soil I'll make will just use the mineral versions of Ca and P and I'll save the plant versions for my top dresses.

Hope your having a good day mate @Gee64
I really need to have a read through this post from the beginning, cos I was gunna ask ya how you train your plants. What’s the plan, you must have it in here thou so yeah, I need to have a read, cos I’m lost with half the stuff yous talk about,
And yes mate, Miss sticky and littlebig look like their gunna be nice plants, do they go outside when you have em where you want em or these ones staying indoors ?
They stay indoors. These ones are ttrained in a style called mainlining or also referred to as manifolding. They were manifolded/mainlined to 8 tops each.

They stay indoors. These ones are ttrained in a style called mainlining or also referred to as manifolding. They were manifolded/mainlined to 8 tops each.
Not quite the same thing...

Ok. Did a bit of reading and answered my own question.

Seems like Mainlining was first, started by a grower named Nugbuckets. His technique was to top the plant producing two opposite branches. Then he topped those two to produce four, and topped the four to produce eight colas. Each cola is the same distance from the roots in this method.

Then, a grower named Nebula Haze took that idea and eliminated the additional toppings and just let the original two branches grow and used the side branching to make up her eight branches, claiming to have saved a bit of veg time in the process with no loss of yield. This was termed "Manifolding."

Then @Light Addict came up with his more elaborate, and time consuming, training more along the lines of the second version, but focuses more on creating many, many more tops than the eight found in either of the two prior versions, with a bit of weaving of stems along the way. LA calls this technique "Fluxing".

And from there we now have @Asesino85 's quadlining version which tops but leaves four branches to grow instead of two, shortening veg time even further and producing a very symmetrical plant.

I think I have my history right but am happy to be corrected if anything is not accurate or complete.

Not really, I'm pretty sure you answered my silly question good and proper. The world works on electricity I'm learning here at The Mag. Electron and current flow theory got taught to me 50 years ago. I see the same theory here with the soil. you'd think I'd understand it easier! :laugh: We get nourished, plants get nourished, and the phone in our pocket all exist only because of electricity. It's a little mind blowing.

Gee took the leash off and I got a little silly Kal. It's all true just out of line for here.
Lol I see your point now. Yeah you bet, it's all about positives and negatives.

Back
Top Bottom