I would guess they will climb when the pressure goes up. That bav bas stuff sounds interesting. I wonder how it works exactly?
First it gets drenched in seedling stage, then foliage every 4 weeks so the plant itself is the holder of the fight. Bugs eat some and get, well here's a quote "When the microscopic spores of the fungus come into contact with the body of an insect host, they germinate, penetrate the cuticle, and grow inside, killing the insect within a matter of days".
Last two seasons my plants got hit heavy with what I think were mites so I tried it per Carmens suggestion and there's been only the slightest chews here and there so far. I'd be deep into a Safers soap foliar regimen to fight them by now! It costs is the downside but this should last for a few seasons if it keeps. Not unreasonable if they finish clean. Im thinking of bud worms dying before becoming a rot issue maybe too! We're going to have to watch that. If it's true, it'll be so good for this part of the world!

Going from 5-3-4 to 3-5-5 this week. Maybe that will bring brix up some. Checked today and got real fuzzy 14 on Betty and 9 on Muffy. I made a change in water this year. Until now they got 450 ppm of water softened water, which is salt. I bypassed that and now am feeding them with 500 to 650 ppm of mineraled water from the well. I'm backing off on adding worm casings until I see the brix line clean up some. It's time for another dose of bat guano too. Doing good but nothing in the 20's :)

Going from 5-3-4 to 3-5-5 this week. Maybe that will bring brix up some. Checked today and got real fuzzy 14 on Betty and 9 on Muffy. I made a change in water this year. Until now they got 450 ppm of water softened water, which is salt. I bypassed that and now am feeding them with 500 to 650 ppm of mineraled water from the well. I'm backing off on adding worm casings until I see the brix line clean up some. It's time for another dose of bat guano too. Doing good but nothing in the 20's :)
That's not The Rev's soil outdoors, is it?

I'm not sure exactly whats in water softened water, I never really gave it a thought, but mineraled water sounds good😊. If it fixes the calcium you should see the line get fuzzier within a few days I would think. It happens pretty quick in a pot. Is Muffy in a shadier spot?

First it gets drenched in seedling stage, then foliage every 4 weeks so the plant itself is the holder of the fight. Bugs eat some and get, well here's a quote "When the microscopic spores of the fungus come into contact with the body of an insect host, they germinate, penetrate the cuticle, and grow inside, killing the insect within a matter of days".
Last two seasons my plants got hit heavy with what I think were mites so I tried it per Carmens suggestion and there's been only the slightest chews here and there so far. I'd be deep into a Safers soap foliar regimen to fight them by now! It costs is the downside but this should last for a few seasons if it keeps. Not unreasonable if they finish clean. Im thinking of bud worms dying before becoming a rot issue maybe too! We're going to have to watch that. If it's true, it'll be so good for this part of the world!
Sounds creepy like something from a sci-fi movie. 🤣. I did a bit of reading, not a ton but a few articles.

It sounds like it works best with myco present.In the studies I saw, the biggest yields came from crops grown with both.

It also said that once infected, most pests were dead within 48 hours.

So I'm flowering a clone of the Purple Lemonade, the one that had all the problems. The fish nutes along with the Dolomite water and Gaia Green have got her just looking amazing. The trichomes have appeared about 5 days earlier than the mother plant. I'll get a Brix on her tonight hopefully but she looks night and day different than the mother did.

I'm going to use her nutrient schedule as kind of a basis for my next grow with just minor tweaks on amounts depending on the plants.
PXL_20240814_012722379.jpg

PXL_20240814_012714987.MP.jpg
Wow G thats a great looking plant! It looks really healthy and more importantly happy. I'd love to hear how she brix's.

Nice work! 🥰👍👊

20240810_132157.jpg

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
And by now, you should've somehow realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now 🥰

My thoughts exactly! Lets see if she throws my efforts back. 😎

Iklwa with 10 weeks on the cure, it's time to see how it really is. All the early testers were fantastic.

I better make the coffee before I start🤣
Nice Oasis pull! Can't wait to hear the smoke report, you might have already posted, I'll catch up, had a busy day

That's not The Rev's soil outdoors, is it?
No I couldn't water it properly with all that ppm. Rain would do it but I'm not up to that. It's fox farm ocean forest. Spikes every year put some minerals in but it's not rich with what they want out there. Geoflora powers them for the most part.
I'm not sure exactly whats in water softened water, I never really gave it a thought, but mineraled water sounds good😊. If it fixes the calcium you should see the line get fuzzier within a few days I would think. It happens pretty quick in a pot. Is Muffy in a shadier spot?
Funny you ask about shade! Muffy has an -+hour of shade when Betty is in sun in the morning. There's the fifth element, photosynthesis getting compromised! I think that may be something!
Flower time coming! :woohoo:

Sounds creepy like something from a sci-fi movie. 🤣. I did a bit of reading, not a ton but a few articles.

It sounds like it works best with myco present.In the studies I saw, the biggest yields came from crops grown with both.

It also said that once infected, most pests were dead within 48 hours.
Creepy as all get out!! I'm wishing those bud maggies a fast ending so they don't poop my buds to rot when the time comes. Test 1. I started the season with a dose of myco so that's good!

Well I gotta say, Iklwa is some nice stuff. It's what I was hoping to find when I saw what @Lerugged had going on. I can't wait to grow the rest of his seeds.

It cures up very mild. Lemony pine is both the scent and flavour, switching to that common earthy taste, but a bit richer and blonde hashier than a dirt taste. My wife loves it too.

The buzz is an excellent outside Gitter Dun buzz. I got caught up on a bunch of chores in the yard👍😊.

A few hits too many and it does mess your balance up a bit, almost like you are drunk.

We smoked it all day long with no major burnout, but slept like a log and woke up fresh. Perfect in my books!

Thanks Matt👊🥰

Creepy as all get out!! I'm wishing those bud maggies a fast ending so they don't poop my buds to rot when the time comes. Test 1. I started the season with a dose of myco so that's good!
The article I read said highest yields were achieved by using the "whatever-the-hell'it's-called" bug killer every 2 weeks. It sounds like it is actually a form of myco, what they refer to as an abuscular mycorrhizae, which is a grouping of many mycorrhizae, so it must be a cousin to the regular myco's we use, and it sounds like it is fairly common in a lot of soils.

Very interesting.

Some regions really don't get a lot of sun yet the plants, which must have a tough time getting brix up, don't get devastated by pests.

I wonder if in nature, this stuff is more common in lesser friendly growing regions?

It did say that it doesn't affect humans, so thats a good thing. Not my ideal way to go. I want to be dead before fungii gets me🤣

Nature is amazing!🥰👍

Nice Oasis pull! Can't wait to hear the smoke report, you might have already posted, I'll catch up, had a busy day
I love music. It plays all day long in my house. Both the wife and I are heavy rock lovers but with a really wide appreciation for anything that isn't country or pop.

My wife even more so. Her Father was a radio DJ for years. She was raised in a music playing household.

If Rod Stewart is on I'm getting something really good for supper. She loves cooking and if Rod's playing she's bringing her A Game😎.

If I wasn't a plant-eater I would be soooooo overweight 🤣.

On the topic of bavieria bassiana, it did hint that as a root drench it won't harm beneficial insects, but as a foliar, it can get onto bees, which it doesn't harm, but will transport back to the hive and infect and kill the larvae, so that's a bit of a concern.

In nature it's probably in the soil but not a foliar.

It seems to be systemic, so if you are going to use it, it's probably best to introduce it early in the plant's life thru the soil. Try to negate using it as a foliar.

On the topic of bavieria bassiana, it did hint that as a root drench it won't harm beneficial insects, but as a foliar, it can get onto bees, which it doesn't harm, but will transport back to the hive and infect and kill the larvae, so that's a bit of a concern.

In nature it's probably in the soil but not a foliar.

It seems to be systemic, so if you are going to use it, it's probably best to introduce it early in the plant's life thru the soil. Try to negate using it as a foliar.
Thank you for digging deeper into the BB. Otter was using it in the soil and it was me who nudged him in the direction of adding the foliar treatment to the IPM. So the way he was using it to start with is the right way to use it, it would seem. We certainly don't want to kill bee larvae! Sorry bees.

Back
Top Bottom