I may try a tester in another 6 weeks or so but I find it takes at least 3 months in the jar to turn the corner into really nice weed, and 6 months is where it usually gets top notch, so those 2 and the big Iklwa bud in the last picture are likely my Christmas stash.

I'll definitely do a smoke report.

I did roll a joint of nothing but red hairs to try after sweating in the tubs. The bottom of the tubs were covered in hairs. It was a bit harsh as it was still damp-ish at 68-70% RH but it packed a punch.

Straight to the brain, no body stone at all.

Just the way I like 'em🥰
I stretched the bud from my last sativa grow for a couple of years. Honestly, it only got better with age. I can't wait to grow sativa again somehow, somewhere, someday 😍

I may have mentioned this before but here goes again. If you have ever tried to start avocados from avocado pits with tooth picks over a glass of water and haven't had much luck, try placing them in your worm farm.

I place them in the corners so I know where they are, and bury them pointy end up about 40% deep and pack the dirt in around them a bit firmly to ensure good contact, dribble a few tablespoons of water or mist them to make sure the soil next to them is good and damp, and 2 weeks later they will start splitting.

A week or 2 after that a tap root will start growing down.

At the point where the tap is a couple inches long transplant them into pots and dome them with a clear solo with air holes in it until foliage starts out the top.

It may still take a few weeks in the dome for the tops to sprout.

If you only use nice big pits you will likely get a 100% germination rate.

I stretched the bud from my last sativa grow for a couple of years. Honestly, it only got better with age. I can't wait to grow sativa again somehow, somewhere, someday 😍
I love it at the one year mark. Thats my favorite spot. After that it gets really tasty but I find potency drops, which isn't really an issue as you just smoke a bit more, but man o man I love it at the 1 year mark😍.

I have some Purple Haze thats coming up 5 years. Hopefully it doesn't still taste like dirt🤣

I like it fresh too. Different high that's much more zippy. It does change after a few months so I'm fine with the best of both. Some of those sativas are smooth as hell right off the bat. I'd say try a little guy soon and leave the rest for later. Then compare. But, it's your donky dick to do with as you wish.

I took a brix reading today in the middle of rainy weather and basically got no results. Or maybe it's just a really fuzzy calcium line from top to bottom. 😂

I gave the flowering plant more F&F to hopefully get the dump trucks rolling. Its the end of week 4 and things look pretty good, though I do have a couple of leaves in the middle of the plant that are beginning to show purple hues which I take as a P deficiency, but the next few days should tell if it's spreading or not. I really only need a couple more weeks since I drought at the start of week 7, though I may let it go a few more days this round since I'm not keeping a water bank in the soil that I'd have to work off first.

Had to delay the flip on the CBG plant because I'm not confident the clone I took of it is going to take. It looks really good up top but the bottom looks like it's on its way out. :(

Very!❤️❤️It's about the nuggiest landrace I've grown. It's fantastic fresh. Pine and lemon and I can't stay out of it🥰
Speaking of IKLWA, mines almost 6 feet tall and still has another month and half to go before flower.

20240623_153134.jpg

Speaking of IKLWA, mines almost 6 feet tall and still has another month and half to go before flower.

20240623_153134.jpg
What a beaut Gid! 😍

20240623_153134.jpg
Lol Holy Crap G!! That is gonna be epic! I love that you never topped it. You may end up with a 15 footer 🤣 Mine never doubled in stretch but she probably added 75%.

She's going to pull a lot out of that planter, if you have access to compost or some bulk earth worm castings you might want to keep fortifying it. This is going to be grande!😎

Some commercial top dressing may help. Something like Gaia Green Power Bloom, which is $60 CDN for a 25lb bag works well. It's 2-8-4 and Ikky loved it.

She nugged up nicely. I top dressed 1.5 tablespoons per gallon of pot size weekly and it worked well. Then capped it with a quarter inch of EWC every top dressing.

You need to spam us with updates Buddy, this is gonna be good😊.

How are the others doing?

I took a brix reading today in the middle of rainy weather and basically got no results. Or maybe it's just a really fuzzy calcium line from top to bottom. 😂
You mean it read zero? the drip likely ran off the edges of the refractometer. I happens. You set it down, it rolls a bit, you pick it up to check the reading and you see nothing.
I gave the flowering plant more F&F to hopefully get the dump trucks rolling. Its the end of week 4 and things look pretty good, though I do have a couple of leaves in the middle of the plant that are beginning to show purple hues which I take as a P deficiency, but the next few days should tell if it's spreading or not. I really only need a couple more weeks since I drought at the start of week 7, though I may let it go a few more days this round since I'm not keeping a water bank in the soil that I'd have to work off first.
The purple could be genetic too and with your brix up a bit she's showing you things she couldn't before.

Most plants get at least some purpling in the petioles and stalks. It's when the entire stalks and petioles go full reddish purple that you have issues.

Striping in mid- late flower is common. Most weed has some purple DNA hiding in it.

Hopefully you get farther in than usual before detriment, or even to finish😎.

Do the flowers themselves look or smell any different than what you are used to?

Had to delay the flip on the CBG plant because I'm not confident the clone I took of it is going to take. It looks really good up top but the bottom looks like it's on its way out. :(
Dang. At least you caught it before flip tho.

Lol Holy Crap G!! That is gonna be epic! I love that you never topped it. You may end up with a 15 footer 🤣 Mine never doubled in stretch but she probably added 75%.

She's going to pull a lot out of that planter, if you have access to compost or some bulk earth worm castings you might want to keep fortifying it. This is going to be grande!😎

Some commercial top dressing may help. Something like Gaia Green Power Bloom, which is $60 CDN for a 25lb bag works well. It's 2-8-4 and Ikky loved it.

She nugged up nicely. I top dressed 1.5 tablespoons per gallon of pot size weekly and it worked well. Then capped it with a quarter inch of EWC every top dressing.

You need to spam us with updates Buddy, this is gonna be good😊.

How are the others doing?
Thanks for the advice, I will grab a bag of ewc. I did top it, removed the 8th node and topdress with Geoflora every 2 weeks. Other plants are doing great. The runt, wild lady is short and compact. Looking back, her soil was used up and I only added FFHF. Will feed her some ewc too.

Thanks for the advice, I will grab a bag of ewc. I did top it, removed the 8th node and topdress with Geoflora every 2 weeks. Other plants are doing great. The runt, wild lady is short and compact. Looking back, her soil was used up and I only added FFHF. Will feed her some ewc too.
Geoflora👍 Ok good, that will get you to the finish line.

Hi Gee I've been following along and it just occurred to me that you have experience using Gaia Green. Is there anything I can do to help it not turn into a pile of mud? I scrape the top inch of soil into a bowl, add in my amendments and then return it back on top. When I water it in it turns into mud that dries quickly and hard as a rock. I've tried adding new soil with the amendments but by flower my buckets are overflowing with soil. Am I just missing a step or something obvious I'm not thinking about? Is there something I should be adding to help breakdown the Gaia Green faster?

Back
Top Bottom