I'm jealous!🤣 I haven't had that luck yet, but I will keep trying. I seem to get about 1 a year.

i always hang on to the odd ones. they often have more than one surprise in them.

The last one I had was an incredible grower, but once flipped to flower it withered quickly so I culled it.

you have to train them out. often it seems the process will kill them but do it anyway. i literally pulled the main stem apart to separate the triclops. the cheese string metaphor is exactly what i did. a normal plant wouldn't survive it, but there's nothing to lose by trying really.

Dang gimps. Hot messes🤣

no kidding. :)

Those sativas clone super easily in soil. Wild lady and iklwa are usually first in like 7 days. Really fast.
Awesome! As long as 1 way works well. I need a few more days before I can cut more clones to give soil a go. Being easy to clone doesn't surprise me. These are hands down, the toughest seeds I have ever popped. The 1st round got tortured, but they are all still growing. I also have 2 clones in straight water, so we shall see if that works too.

Two interesting things today.

One is that when I set up the cloner and heat mat, I plugged it all into the extension cord that leads to the 18/6 light timer, so both the clone pump and the heat mats have been running 18/6. Doh!

Interesting that the clones didn't flinch at it. They are showing signs of nubs. I'll post pic's soon.

The other interesting thing is that I woke up to an outside temp of -26C/-15F and that just happens to be the perfect temperature for making hash oil, and I just happen to have 6 bottles of Everclear and close to a pound of old bud already at -18C in our big freezer.

At -26C, all the water soluables in the plant material will remain frozen in the plant matter, stopping chlorophyll leakage, so the oil comes out amazingly clear. You can also let the everclear rinse the plant matter a bit longer, which increases yield.

So today I will rinse as much weed as I can with 6 bottles of Everclear, and store the solution in canning jars until I get it all run thru the vacuum still. It's crystal clear and sunny with 6 inches of new snow, so I will grab some pics as I go.

Sun's almost up over the mountain, it's gonna be a bright bright bright bright sunshiny day.

Two interesting things today.

One is that when I set up the cloner and heat mat, I plugged it all into the extension cord that leads to the 18/6 light timer, so both the clone pump and the heat mats have been running 18/6. Doh!

Interesting that the clones didn't flinch at it. They are showing signs of nubs. I'll post pic's soon.

The other interesting thing is that I woke up to an outside temp of -26C/-15F and that just happens to be the perfect temperature for making hash oil, and I just happen to have 6 bottles of Everclear and close to a pound of old bud already at -18C in our big freezer.

At -26C, all the water soluables in the plant material will remain frozen in the plant matter, stopping chlorophyll leakage, so the oil comes out amazingly clear. You can also let the everclear rinse the plant matter a bit longer, which increases yield.

So today I will rinse as much weed as I can with 6 bottles of Everclear, and store the solution in canning jars until I get it all run thru the vacuum still. It's crystal clear and sunny with 6 inches of new snow, so I will grab some pics as I go.

Sun's almost up over the mountain, it's gonna be a bright bright bright bright sunshiny day.
Whew, thats cold! Never been in weather like that, gonna do everything outside i imagine?

Whew, thats cold! Never been in weather like that, gonna do everything outside i imagine?
I did. Here's what I got so far.

20240112_125104.jpg

Desert snow, a rare treat. We got about 6 inches of it.

20240112_083647.jpg

And then down to -27C.

20240112_160007.jpg

So out goes the Everclear.

20240112_091346.jpg

20240112_091423.jpg

20240112_091501.jpg

And the weed.

20240112_101623.jpg

After it chills overnight you dump the Everclear into the bags of weed, rinse/soak it, and strain it through a coffee filter. All at -27C gives you an incredible clear elixir.

20240112_110240.jpg

And got this. Every bag was a different pheno/mix so you get different colors.

Most freezers can only get down to -22c & that's max older ones are a bit better
Nothing like having a walk out freezer :bravo: for making Lemonade ( honey oil ) out of your lemons (cold weather)
I'm about to wash 42 grams of trichomes. It's a cool -33 c with a wind chill of -50c
Have you tried the winter hash process to get the trichomes off your trim?

Most freezers can only get down to -22c & that's max older ones are a bit better
Nothing like having a walk out freezer :bravo: for making Lemonade ( honey oil ) out of your lemons (cold weather)
I'm about to wash 42 grams of trichomes. It's a cool -33 c with a wind chill of -50c
Have you tried the winter hash process to get the trichomes off your trim?
No I haven't. Are you going to journal the process? I would love to watch.

20240112_154752.jpg

And now it goes into the crucible in the still.

20240112_155348.jpg

Then the lid goes on.

20240112_155403.jpg

Some ice on top. Then press the button.

Screenshot_20240112_155426_Source.jpg

And we wait for 114 minutes. Here comes honey oil😊
Where did you get this little gem? :love:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom