Why such long stubs on those cuttings?
It's where the cola above was cut off, so its the 2nd clone cut off the branch. The whole clone branch was about 10 nodes long.

I didn't want to cut down close to the node on the lower clone cut, so I left the stub excatly as it was after I cut off the clone above.

It will slowly dry up and fall off. In a few more days WL's smaller side branches should be big enough for cuts into solo's of coco.

Then as more side branches get pruned out I am going to fiddle with some perlite cloning. See how that works in my environment.

Then if it works I have an E-Z Cloner and an Az-i Cloner🤣😎🥰👊

It's where the cola above was cut off, so its the 2nd clone cut off the branch. The whole clone branch was about 10 nodes long.

I didn't want to cut down close to the node on the lower clone cut, so I left the stub excatly as it was after I cut off the clone above.

It will slowly dry up and fall off. In a few more days WL's smaller side branches should be big enough for cuts into solo's of coco.

Then as more side branches get pruned out I am going to fiddle with some perlite cloning. See how that works in my environment.

Then if it works I have an E-Z Cloner and an Az-i Cloner🤣😎🥰👊
I reckon the bigger clones root better

I reckon the bigger clones root better
Over the years I have noticed a pattern with cloning. It's not 100%, but it's pretty reliable. At least with sativas. I don't grow many hybrids or Indicas.

What I noticed was that larger clones clone better in aerocloners, and smaller clones clone better into a soil-like substrate, as opposed to vica-versa.

So, when I get a new strain I like to try both ways.

I take the 2 clone branch tops at about 10", then assess what's left of the clone branch stub still on the mother, and take a 2nd cut if I can. I do it on both clone branches.

The 2nd cuts are a chance to experiment.

If you top a branch a few nodes up, and let it split into 2 tops, then cut the double as a clone, you can start with a 2 branch manifold if the node is still immature and not staggered yet. You only get 1 go at unstaggered clones (which make far nicer plants) and thats when you grow from seed. Or a triploid. or a 2 brancher. 😎 Fun stuff, it's free.

All the side branching on these ones will be immature unstaggered nodes producing manifold-like trunks. You know, if they root......🤣 Lets get roots 1st.

Probably 5 or 6 more days, but nubs may appear a bit sooner.

The whorly would scrog nice but it's a gimp, so I won't put a lot of effort into it. They rarely work out well.

Over the years I have noticed a pattern with cloning. It's not 100%, but it's pretty reliable. At least with sativas. I don't grow many hybrids or Indicas.

What I noticed was that larger clones clone better in aerocloners, and smaller clones clone better into a soil-like substrate, as opposed to vica-versa.

So, when I get a new strain I like to try both ways.

I take the 2 clone branch tops at about 10", then assess what's left of the clone branch stub still on the mother, and take a 2nd cut if I can. I do it on both clone branches.

The 2nd cuts are a chance to experiment.

If you top a branch a few nodes up, and let it split into 2 tops, then cut the double as a clone, you can start with a 2 branch manifold if the node is still immature and not staggered yet. You only get 1 go at unstaggered clones (which make far nicer plants) and thats when you grow from seed. Or a triploid. or a 2 brancher. 😎 Fun stuff, it's free.

All the side branching on these ones will be immature unstaggered nodes producing manifold-like trunks. You know, if they root......🤣 Lets get roots 1st.

Probably 5 or 6 more days, but nubs may appear a bit sooner.

The whorly would scrog nice but it's a gimp, so I won't put a lot of effort into it. They rarely work out well.
That wouldn't surprise me about bubbler and medium.

Day 65 total, day 13 of flip. Had some rare frost this morning, hope everything is ok.
Acapulco Gold
20240109_151847.jpg

3 Eleven Roses
20240109_151840.jpg

20240109_151831.jpg

20240109_151823.jpg

TMSC - Day 20.
20240109_143749.jpg

The 4 little ones are all established. Wild Lady in the middle isn't quite there yet, but her transplant was severe. She's coming along though, probably 2 or 3 more days and she will take off.

20240109_143724.jpg

RVDV 1.0, topped to 4 mains.

20240109_143712.jpg

Iklwa, topped to 4 mains.

20240109_143645.jpg

LC-18. Topped to 2 mains.

20240109_143639.jpg

RVDV 2.0 topped to 2 mains.

20240109_143512.jpg

Day 4 for the clones. No roots yet. Everyone is still hanging in there.

20240109_143517.jpg

20240109_143522.jpg

20240109_143526.jpg

20240109_143532.jpg

Wow! They are bushy!😍 Great color. I hope the frost didn't harm them.

How did the early prune-out on the AG turn out? Do you think it had an effect?
The AG responded well. I never topped it and only removed the 2 odd braches sprouting out from the side. Didnt even train it yet the plant has a decent even canopy. I did trim out many larf sites underneath that wouldnt see the light. Strange growth characteristics but i like it!

No kidding? My last one was a killer and mother of my Cherries DubeLee, a favorite plant. A Wedding Cake. Before that a Strawberry Cough that was hard to grow but worked out fairly well. Fifty fifty I guess for me.

No kidding? My last one was a killer and mother of my Cherries DubeLee, a favorite plant. A Wedding Cake. Before that a Strawberry Cough that was hard to grow but worked out fairly well. Fifty fifty I guess for me.
I haven't had a whorly yet that has finished well, but sooner or later it will happen. You gotta try, they are fun and cool😊😎.

My end game is to cut a clone that has been successfully topped twice to 4 tops before being cut as a clone, and then get it to root.

Starting a clone grow with a 4 top manifold would be cool.

When the 4 young ones get big enough to cut clones, I will give it another go. I got a double to root, so a quad is next..... hopefully😔

But 1st I need to determine if they like bubble cloning or soil cloning better.

Bubble cloning is so much easier. Today I must change the water in the cloner. I have an 8 liter pail of RO water in the tent warming to room temp.

I haven't had a whorly yet that has finished well, but sooner or later it will happen. You gotta try, they are fun and cool😊😎.

last triclops i had i pulled apart like a cheese string to train the three sides out. it produced insane, both amount and potency. better than my normal plants. i took clones but they grew out like normal clones, more potent though.

last triclops i had i pulled apart like a cheese string to train the three sides out. it produced insane, both amount and potency. better than my normal plants. i took clones but they grew out like normal clones, more potent though.
I'm jealous!🤣 I haven't had that luck yet, but I will keep trying. I seem to get about 1 a year.

The last one I had was an incredible grower, but once flipped to flower it withered quickly so I culled it.

Dang gimps. Hot messes🤣

Back
Top Bottom