Anyone else find the correlation of the guys name in the article with things being consumed as one form of energy and transformed into another " Peltier" .
I love trees and the bush with everything that entails 💚
lol maybe he started the fire just by being present and transferring the heat🤣🤣🤣

I can think of using the "add bookmark" on the top right of this window.
Yeah but then I would have too many bookmarks lol. I like bookmarks for tagging other peoples things, and keeping mine seperate.

If you guys see "test" in upcoming posts, it's just me searching for a symbol that works.

So you could just go half a cup per gallon with the dolomite and leave the rest? I'm guessing they break down at different rates?
I certainly could, but gypsum has sulphur, and sulphur is an essential macronutrient, so I would have to find another sulphur source.

Gypsum is generally in a prilled format, so it is readily available. Oyster shell is a long term slow release calcium that rebuilds really well, and BC is very abundant in oysters.

Today is worm dirt day. A 4-5 gallon tray gets harvested and a new tray gets started.

All the kitchen scraps I collect go into the freezer until I need them, as well as all my left over weed.

If you put a quarter pound of bud in a bag, freeze it, take it out and set it on the counter and crush it up, it makes excellent meal, and you get paid for your efforts😎

20231205_155402.jpg

The bottom of the bag after 5 or 6 punches on the counter to crush it.

20231206_065950.jpg

Payday. It's not clean, but it's 2-ish grams of fresh hash😎. It tastes fantastic!. Now the worms can have the weed😊

1701356174991.jpg

Here is an interesting picture. I will take better ones later today. Grab a coffee.

If you zoom in on the circles you will see fan leaves growing at 90 degree right angles to the light.

What they are actually doing is putting their backs to the wind.

I run my VPD on the higher end of safe, because I know my setup really well and it's not as dangerous as it can be if you aren't aware of whats going on.

Many would say light avoidance, but what is really happening is this. VPD is all about transpiration, which is evaporation.

Wind accelerates evaporation. It's my green fan.

So when I set a high VPD and up the rates of evaporation (transpiration to be correct) the plant is walking a fine line, so when the fan adds evaporation, the plants will turn a leaf or two to slow evaporation, thus fine tuning their own VPD. They lower the surface area of evaporation by turning sideways and blocking wind.

The moral of the story.... If you have a few leaves turning away from your fan, and it's not in hurricane mode, you are likely very close to over-revving your plants.

Don't turn your lights up any more. Check your VPD. Be careful. Maybe turn the fan down if you are worried, but don't turn it off.

But.... do it successfully and get more out of your plants.

It's an indicator to watch for. I strive to reach it, but if you are still a beginner, look at it as a warning and slow down just a little bit.

Don't go there just because Gee showed it to you, spend an afternoon researching the basics of VPD to grasp it, and it's a simple concept once you read a bit, and then if you want to push your plants, at least you know where danger lies.

VPD is the throttle of a plant. The plant doesn't push water from the soil and through itself to exit the leaves, the atmosphere sucks on the plant like a straw and pulls the water through. If you suck too hard the water goes through to quickly and either can't load up with nutes enough, or goes through too fast and the nutes can't be used in time. Either way, it shows as a deficiency.

It's called "rate of transpiration".

Many nute deficiencies are actually a much to high VPD, over-revving a plant to the point that it is photosynthesizing faster than it can supply nutes from the rootball, which will cause a deficiency to occur even though the soil is good.

Thats a good one to bookmark for future troubleshooting. If you have a deficiency, the 1st thing you should check is your VPD. It may not be a deficiency at all.

All right, took your advice and cut out 2 small branches leaving 4 mains. Lets see what happens
20231206_160533.jpg
Cool, I love "let's see what happens"🤣

She looks like she will grow more lol. She's a beast.

Is that an advertised trait of AG? It's pretty cool.

Tough world when your weed plant is too branchy🤣

So, if my leaves are running at 5-10 degrees below ambient, what is that telling me?
My 1st response would be that your lights are too dim or you arent in a sealed tent with proper ventilation.

What's your ambient temps?

leaf temps?

humidity?

and how long after lights on was the reading?

Was it right after a heavy watering?

What stage of growth?

Durban Poison - Day 59 of Flower.

20231206_163836.jpg

I have an oscillating fan in the corner at the bottom of the arrow going side to side blowing in the direction of the arrow. Because it oscillates, the blue line gets twice the wind that the edges do. That is where the leaves have started turning their backs. Twice the breeze is just too much evaporation, so the plant turns it's leaves. It's often diagnosed as light avoidance because the fan has always been there blowing but it didn't show up until you turned the light up. The VPD was already good but turning the light up caused it to spike, so the leaves flip sideways to slow evaporation. The fact that it runs dead center down the windiest line in the tent, and nowhere else, and is in the corners where light is lower, is the tell.

20231206_163901.jpg

Heres a diagonal shot from under the fan as best I could get. The true diagonal is just left of the photo, but you get the idea.

20231206_163908.jpg

20231206_163912.jpg

The plant in the far corner has some leaves pointed towards light and some blocking wind. Tough Gal.

20231206_163916.jpg

They always flip the biggest leaves 1st. They are adjusting their own VPD.

So again, these Gals are on the edge. I live in a desert. Atmospherically speaking, every day is the same RH so with things always stable I can push them. You don't need to push them this hard, and because light is involved, if you screw up you get hermies.

If your thinking that by turning sideways I'm losing photosynthesis, well I left all my lower canopy, so if light gets by this leaf then a lower one catches it. The plant knows this. Don't pluck your leaves, they are actually there for a bunch of reasons.

So this is a warning indicator, not a destination, unless you have your head wrapped around VPD/transpiration and you have a solid food flow.

Otherwise, I gotta say again, if you are new and seeing this, please slow down just a bit, you have no room for error.

It's too late for hermies to seed me now if it goes south, but the leaves are slowing down, I'm milking all the photosynthesis I can from them right now.

I could simply turn the fan down, but these gals are dense, they need the breeze.

Durban Poison - Day 59 of Flower.

20231206_163832.jpg

The yellow is slowly creeping in. This batch may run a few days late.

20231206_164118.jpg

This pheno is so cool. It's the least frosty, but the buds are just so unique. The colas are like medieval maces.

20231206_164105.jpg

20231206_164054.jpg

20231206_164049.jpg

20231206_164041.jpg

20231206_164035.jpg

And a random cola.
They are looking stunning :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom