Stone! Hey man Good Morning👊.

@Gidorah your babies are doing incredible! They are huge!

It's going to be awesome to watch SIPs and GF up close.

Which do you figure is the Acapulco Gold? The one on the left?

Incredible color! They look happy😊👊

Wild Lady isn't that big yet, but they usually start slow when you pop them in big pots. Once the tap bottoms out she should start to take off.

By the sound of what Matt says, a slow start might help her stay in the tent🤣.

She has been topped once at the 3rd node to two mains and they are almost ready to top again to four. I will post some pics later.

Life was really busy this week so I alologize for not producing the usual spam-a-lanche of photos. I will try to do better🤣.

I can't wait to harvest this Durban so Wild Child can have the stage. I'm dying to get a perpetual pot going. Plus I need to change my carbon filter above the light.

I'm toying with @StoneOtter 's idea of putting it into a bucket outside of the tent.

I may need the extra foot of head room it will give me.

Wild Lady - Day 28.
20231205_070430.jpg

Here is Wild Lady. You can see her long legs already. I do love tall chicks😎.

She's 4 weeks today. You can see a bit of stress on her leaves, I think my regular Durban mix is a little hot for a landrace, but we will struggle through it and adjust on the next grow.

I think once her roots get used to the mix she will be OK. If not I will cut the soil and try again. She's not doing bad, but she isn't achieving her potential. That one's on me, but I already had the soil cooked and I had to start somewhere, so lets all watch it play out, and hopefully Coach Matt can weigh in from time to time to straighten me out. I like to push plants so landraces always catch me off guard.

I still have a lot of Table Mountain Seeds to grow out, so I will get them dialed.

If I like Matt's seeds as much as I think I will (I have been searching for this very collection for many many years), I will endeavor to meticulously dial the soil in to what they want.

I don't normally plug a product, but if you like sativas, these seeds are a treasure.

Not only are they landrace, they haven't been tainted with synthetics.

Every now and then a really cool surprise crosses your path in life, for me that was discovering Table Mountain.

Thanks Matt, the world needs this!👊😊 😎❤️

I hope they like calcium🤣

Durban Poison - Day 58.

20231205_065907.jpg

The main colas are all 12-14 inches above the canopy. Thats exactly what I wanted so that has worked out well with this light.

20231205_065929.jpg

The front left pheno is finishing pretty much on time, and a 2nd one is starting. Hopefully the other 2 will start in the next 24 hours. I have a feeling the tall one with the cool snowball buds may go longer.

20231205_065935.jpg

Thats as pretty as DP gets unfortunately.

20231205_070012.jpg

20231205_070005.jpg

This is Shorty, she just started to finish this morning😊.

20231205_070018.jpg

Durban Poison - Day 58 of Flower.

20231205_070256.jpg

I may have to reveg this one. It's a very cool pheno that feeds light, and gets huge cool colas. I hope the buzz is as good❤️😎

20231205_070216.jpg

20231205_070211.jpg

20231205_070146.jpg

The other 3 are typical DP phenos.
20231205_070229.jpg

20231205_070121.jpg

20231205_070115.jpg

20231205_070052.jpg

Shorty is a stacked gal, she's like a Kardashian🤣🤣🤣.

20231205_070024.jpg

More Shorty.

20231205_070018.jpg

This is the earliest finisher. She's the one that I think will have the best, clearest high.

Durban Poison - Day 58 of Flower. Part 3.

20231205_065952.jpg

Screenshot_20231205_073303_Gallery.jpg

And then there is this, I'm not sure if it's the extra calcium or the UV, but the trichs are getting really long with huge heads. This is occurring on all 4 phenos. It started yesterday, and today you can really see it.

I have seen plants with long trichs, but never had a strain that I am familiar with start to do it out of the blue. Anyone got a theory or experience on this? I'm leaning towards UV, because it is toughted to help resin production, but thats just a guess.

Imagine @Jon 's weed WITH a trichome boost! 😍😍😍

Those ladies look great.
Wild lady doesn't run as dark green as you are used to. A little darker than lime green but, not dark green.
Once she gets used to hot soil she will start cruising. I plant while sweetpeas are still decomposing and don't get issues.
some like it hot.

Those ladies look great.
Wild lady doesn't run as dark green as you are used to. A little darker than lime green but, not dark green.
I know the color you mean. The pictures don't do her color justice either, the strip LED's yellow everything. Its light green for sure, but it's a gorgeous rich light green and it is veriagated, which doesn't really show at all in the pictures.

The leaves are a different shape than the Cherry Malawi I grew, but the color is almost identical in shade, but a bit richer. The Malawi was a bit dustier but the same green.
Once she gets used to hot soil she will start cruising. I plant while sweetpeas are still decomposing and don't get issues.
some like it hot.
Lol perfect! That's my only worry to a 40 gallon grow, it's 40 gallons of this soil. I'm going to do it then.

How about the others? I'm going to try to perpetually reammend and grow them one at a time.

Are there any lighter feeders that like a less hot soil. By hot I mean it has a lot of calcium. I'll repost the recipe at the bottom. I can reammend lighter if some need that. It may effect what strain I do next.

Soil
20 gals recycled soil
2 gals coco
7 cups prilled dolomite or 3.5 cups powdered
1 cup blood meal
.5 cup bat guano
.5 cup glacial rock dust or .5c rock phos
3 cups feather meal
3 cups bone meal
1.5 cups greensand
.3 cups SRP
2 cups organic basmati
.75 cups gypsum
3 cups kelp meal
2 cups alfalfa meal
2.5 cup oyster shell flour
Cut with 25% EWC a week or 2 before potting

Worm farm amendments per 4 gallon tray.

kitchen scraps/coffee grounds
2 oz cannabis bud
2 oz cannabis leaf
2 tablespoons kelp meal
2 tablespoons alfalfa meal
1 tablespoon greensand
1 tablespoon rock phosphate
1 teaspoon SRP
1 tablespoons oyster flour
1 tablespoon glacial rock dust
2 gals coco or 2 gals used soil alternating between trays
1 gal perlite

Spikes - 4 per pot, 1/4 cup each spike
1 part feathermeal
1 part bat guano
1 part bone meal
.5 part kelp meal
.5 part alfalfa meal

*Day 114 in these pots. Still no calcium/magnesium issues. EWC is the only calcium additive so far. The pot surfaces are still very finger tillable with no crusting whatsoever.

I'm going to start using asterisks for when I'm talking to myself about things that I am marking progress on or want to recall in the future, or deem to be something I may want to look back on etc... Sometimes I leave myself notes🤣, asterisks search well.

*Day 114 in these pots. Still no calcium/magnesium issues. EWC is the only calcium additive so far. The pot surfaces are still very finger tillable with no crusting whatsoever.

I'm going to start using asterisks for when I'm talking to myself about things that I am marking progress on or want to recall in the future, or deem to be something I may want to look back on etc... Sometimes I leave myself notes🤣, asterisks search well.
That dolomite was a pretty generous add! It's working great!

Chocolate now Yum! After some LC-18.
I was skeptical for sure, but I have to admit, not having to manage calcium has been a real treat. Lol always read the instructions I guess, the manual for the new light said to do it.
My soil has several amends and it's off balance where it's needy for mag. I think it's been asking for me to do just what you did. I was going to amend dolomite heavy and then again when I make the pots up with a heavy dolomite hand. When this soil's balanced, it's really something! I haven't seen it in a while in my pots.

My soil has several amends and it's off balance where it's needy for mag. I think it's been asking for me to do just what you did. I was going to amend dolomite heavy and then again when I make the pots up with a heavy dolomite hand. When this soil's balanced, it's really something! I haven't seen it in a while in my pots.
I hear you, I chose to keep all 3 calciums, gypsum, dolomite, and oyster shells flour, all ratioed up 25%, but part of me was thinking that maybe I should have made the gypsum and oyster shell flour parts dolomite instead.

I went this route 1st because it maintained balance, and figured if needed to I could use dolomite water, but it worked really well so if you decide on dolomite only, tag me please, I would love to see this soil work that way too.

I also add a little extra kelp to everything. I know you shouldn't freepour, but its kelp. Everybody likes seafood! 🤣

I find it makes Rev's soil a little easier on the plants. Kelp is really good at stress reduction in plants.

Back
Top Bottom