The Dude Abides

They are effective in the short term. When the plant flexes its muscles you need to move to some other way to hold branches down. A strong branch moving upward will pull the sticks right out of the dirt.

You can make them yourself!

I use these soft wire ties for the hook part:
plant wire.jpg

These thinner plant ties to tie that part on:
plant tie.jpg

And a skewer to tie it tightly onto:
skewers.jpg

And that's it!
CarcassStick GDB build.jpg

I call them CarcassSticks in deference to the 420 member @Carcass, who I believe invented the concept.

I just stole borrowed his idea! :Rasta:

You can get all the stuff you need from the space guy (Amazon) or at your local retailer.
That's good idea. I cut coat hangers and did that.

Wheezie going crazy in the hot box, I ran out of places to tie her down, still a week or two until she can take Louise's place. I may cut a bunch of clones off Wheezie and put her big ass out in the garden.

20220419_184705.jpg

20220419_184720.jpg

Wheezie going crazy in the hot box, I ran out of places to tie her down, still a week or two until she can take Louise's place. I may cut a bunch of clones off Wheezie and put her big ass out in the garden.

20220419_184705.jpg

20220419_184720.jpg
Hey Rhino Happy 420 my friend. :party:
Garden looks absolutely wonderful.
Ladies couldn't be happier.

Stay safe
Bill

Happy 420 EVERYBODY!!! SMOKE IT UP!!:ganjamon:

Happy 420 Rhino! Your ladies are looking stellar. Hope you're enjoying this fantastic spring weather today (if you can get away from the pollen).

Happy 420 you gentlemen! And thank you! I finally opened the garage door and realized what day/ what time it was. A beautiful spring 420, and I'm deep in my bunker, reupholstering some godforsaken boat seats! It's completely out of my wheelhouse, Why do I do this to myself???
Thank you boys for the wakeup call! I'm off to get stoned and ride the go-kart!

There's not much going on in the flower tent right now, unless you want photos of random new hairs popping up or leaves yellowing. I'll do a photo shoot in a day or two, she deserves that, but right now things are just coasting. Stay breezy friends, gonna be a perfect (weatherwise) weekend!

There's not much going on in the flower tent right now, unless you want photos of random new hairs popping up or leaves yellowing. I'll do a photo shoot in a day or two, she deserves that, but right now things are just coasting. Stay breezy friends, gonna be a perfect (weatherwise) weekend!
Mornin rhino... Garden looks stellar....your doing a great job...nice leaf/trich pic. And I totally understand the coasting part ..it last a couple weeks....then gets all good. Have a great day growmie :headbanger:

Hey Rhino.

How fast does your go-kart go?!

The Kart goes around 20 with only me on it, just got a 10hp Honda engine on it. It's a 2 seater though, so I can drag a kid around for the mayhem. My boy likes to drive his little John Deere power wheel, so it usually me and the girl doing donuts. She's fearless, he's more calculated, doesn't like the risk-vs- reward of riding shotgun with daddy...

I'm going to harvest Louise at 60 days into flower, ready or not.
Wheezie is going bananas in the tiny veg room, she's multiple levels deep now. I cut some clones but it didn't make a dent in her.
Louise is only 45 days into flower today, but her buds are decent sized and now beginning to foxtail in 4 or 5 different directions on the top of each upper bud.
I want to cut Louise down next week, but I'm holding off as long as I possibly can to let her finish up, don't want to ruin her quality.
Chop-day is already in the schedule now though, it's a done deal, the paperwork has been signed...

20220422_010735.jpg

The Kart goes around 20 with only me on it, just got a 10hp Honda engine on it. It's a 2 seater though, so I can drag a kid around for the mayhem. My boy likes to drive his little John Deere power wheel, so it usually me and the girl doing donuts. She's fearless, he's more calculated, doesn't like the risk-vs- reward of riding shotgun with daddy...
Hey Rhino good morning my friend.
Hope your having a great weekend.
My daughter was the same absolutely fearless.
She totaled my Durango within 4 hrs of getting her license. Fek hehe
I was a passenger, yeiks.
I'm going to harvest Louise at 60 days into flower, ready or not.
Wheezie is going bananas in the tiny veg room, she's multiple levels deep now. I cut some clones but it didn't make a dent in her.
Louise is only 45 days into flower today, but her buds are decent sized and now beginning to foxtail in 4 or 5 different directions on the top of each upper bud.
I want to cut Louise down next week, but I'm holding off as long as I possibly can to let her finish up, don't want to ruin her quality.
Chop-day is already in the schedule now though, it's a done deal, the paperwork has been signed...

20220422_010735.jpg
Your bud in the pic beautiful but not ready :Namaste:
None of her pistols have turned red and crinkled in yet.
My rule of thumb is I never harvest white pistols.
Fox tails are different.
But white pistols mean she is still building, developing and Flowering!!!!!
If you can hold off I think you will be rewarded in volume and thc content.
Let them crinkle if you can give them the time.

Stay safe
Bill

Not the Durango! The pedal-foot of a teenager is 3 times the weight of a normal foot, it gets heavy and ends up mashing that throttle down. Hahaha
I know you're right and it's way too early to harvest, there are a bunch of crinkled red hairs down the sides and center of the bud, but all the new fox tail growth (and there is alot) is white and fuzzy.
I'm holding back the bulldozers Bill, but I can't stay in front of them forever!

Not the Durango! The pedal-foot of a teenager is 3 times the weight of a normal foot, it gets heavy and ends up mashing that throttle down. Hahaha
I know you're right and it's way too early to harvest, there are a bunch of crinkled red hairs down the sides and center of the bud, but all the new fox tail growth (and there is alot) is white and fuzzy.
I'm holding back the bulldozers Bill, but I can't stay in front of them forever!
Good call Rhino (and Bill!). :Rasta:

That first picture makes it look like you're growing her in a shoebox ;) You weren't kidding when you said you were running out of room.

Back
Top Bottom