The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

in quotes for effect,

3 traveling salesmen met at a convention and after some drinks decided to be frugal and split a cheap hotel room for the night. Upon arriving and booking in, they were delighted to find a room for $25. So they each kicked in $10. Realizing they overpaid, the one holding all the cash gave the clerk the $25, gave each of the donors back $1 and tipped the bellhop $2. So after all was said and done, they each contributed $9, multiplied by 3 men and that totals $27. They tipped the bellhop a measly $2 bringing the total up to $29, and $30 - $29 is $1. So where is waldo with that missing $1?

Something happened at the strip mall a block from my house last night or this morning. The police had it roped off with a sheet covering what I can only assume was a body. The way the body was positioned it looks like it could be an overdose and the dude sat in the curb to nod out and never woke up....like he was sitting up but slumped over. I guess if its on the news then it was a murder but if it was an od I doubt the news will say anything at all about it
I do work on the ambulance though!

Skybound was it you that said you run two 600w hps?

How the hell do you manage.

First bigger hps that ive owned and I gotta say, I underestimated just how much heat they put off.
I vented my exhaust outside when I hooked the 600w up and I keep my house at 67° cause I hate the heat and it still seems to hot to me.

I need to do something with thermometer placement because where I had my thermometer it jumped to 90 (I believe) but the thermometer that was sitting lower (soil level) was a few degress better I just need to find out what tem would be at canopy height

If you're familiar with my current setup's floor plan, I draw air from the middle area where I keep the electronics, nutes and RO res, trough cheap flex-ducting/through the cool tube and terminates on the wall I built. Inside the wall I have a "down and up" maze pattern to block light from coming in during dark periods, but on the outside of that wall is the room where the passive inlet draws in down low. Each of my lights has a dedicated DUCT FAN that is plugged into the same outlets as the respective ballast. Nothing really special and my temps aint all that low, I just have the ability of always knowing they're high, still have weak gear. Right now, bloom A is 87º, bloom B is 79º(dark). Not great numbers IMO, but all things considered, I have the best arrangement of what I have. Well actually, I might be able to do better if I reverse airflow and draw the room air through the lights and up to the carbon filter. Hmm??? You got me thinkin now about my own shit. Lemme get back to you I suppose.

I guess follow the basics, draw in low from the cooler air and exhaust high to shed the heat and RH.

Edit - All things considered, for the fan, I have much more turbulence than I should, which greatly impedes the fan's ability to move air, so when I put my hand on the louvered exhaust (5' above bloom inlet air), I feel a slight but steady flow of warmed (not hot) air. Still, with larger plants, there's a lot more sweating going on which makes the heat more noticeable.

I run two 400w HPS lights side by side in my 5x5 tent. The filter is near the roof between the lights, the air is drawn in through the carbon filter then passes through the first light via the white duct hose and on through the second light via the aluminum ducting. Its then drawn out the roof of the tent in the back right corner (which can't be seen in the picture), through the 4" exhaust fan and out through a window to the outdoors. The tent runs at +/- 70⁰F when the lights are on and the top and sides of the lights are cool to the touch. I also keep the house at 67⁰F.
MG_9857.jpg

3 traveling salesmen met at a convention and after some drinks decided to be frugal and split a cheap hotel room for the night. Upon arriving and booking in, they were delighted to find a room for $25. So they each kicked in $10. Realizing they overpaid, the one holding all the cash gave the clerk the $25, gave each of the donors back $1 and tipped the bellhop $2. So after all was said and done, they each contributed $9, multiplied by 3 men and that totals $27. They tipped the bellhop a measly $2 bringing the total up to $29, and $30 - $29 is $1. So where is waldo with that missing $1?

From the time the refund began, the math problem was no longer addition, but subtraction. $30 -$2 -$3 = $25.

Thx for the pics of your setups....

My problem is I underestimated just how hot a 600w hps gets so I went cheap and just got a basic wing reflector. I will be ordering a cooltube or just a cooled reflector soon. With just the reflector if I run it at 600 I'm assuming it will run about 90. Is 90 OK without co2? I know co2 will help prevent stress in high temps but what are the results of a grow with average temps around 90

Also I Just put some tomato cages in and added a green pepper, an eggplant, and a stevia plant. I removed two of the little flowers from the redneck garden pool to give them a shot at life, if I would have left them in there I believe their roots would have been muscled out by the tomatoes and spearmint

90 might be pushing it, and you might get some hermies. HERE's a cheap cool tube if ya can fit it in your budget.

My problem is I underestimated just how hot a 600w hps gets so I went cheap and just got a basic wing reflector.

I just lucked out and ordered the cooltubes without really knowing what they were about. Couldn't imagine not having them now, they are the answer.

Back
Top Bottom