The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Awesome Bee gathering PeeJay! Great shots, you should be happy as a bee makin' honey with those. ;-)

Smokey, the whatizit is something I've been wondering too. I have those here, I think I posted some a while back. Very tiny little purple flowers with upside down corn cobs in them. LOL

Hopefully someone can tell us what they are. I actually uprooted mine because they were in the area where the pen went for the outdoor plants.

I took a morning walk and did a little study on clover flowers, and other such miscellaneous things. I got chased off some pretty flowers on the power line by a hornet who just plain didn't like me in the area. Aggressive bat rastard he was! I will try to edit and upload before work today.
Keep em' coming folks, they are inspirational and beautiful!

:circle-of-love:

These are quite unusual. I found them by accident at the edge of the woods. They look like a group of people sitting cross legged reading books with bowls of jelly in their laps...

jelly_flower_4.jpg

jelly_flower_3.jpg

Apparently fly hats are in this season....

jelly_flower_2.jpg

Doesn't it look like a bowl of jelly or jam?

Jelly_flower_1.jpg

Anybody know what they are? They are very small and grow on tall stems.

IMG_72697.jpg

It bears a strong resemblance to Borage, but I haven't found it yet.

Smokey, those are called "Climbing Nightshade". I found them on Michigan wildflowers site:

dsc_8605solanum.jpg

Still looking for my jelly bowl ppls....

Nightshade! Of course. Oh, it's been too many years since I had a plot of land to garden.

Alien snakes emerging from the abyss....

Lily_42.jpg

When I first saw this it looked like souls staring into life or folks witnessing gods presence.. Haven't got the words, it's on some spiritual tip, lol....

The lilies in their natural light are this lovely magenta.

image28596.jpg

When I got close and snapped the picture on the fly this is what came out.

image28597.jpg

I just love clover. :blushsmile:

image28595.jpg

A couple of flowers:

20150716_082841-1.jpg

20150716_083227-1.jpg

Snapchat--6598324874989134874.jpg

The lavender is still kickin'

20150716_083721.jpg

Tis the season to enjoy the best of locally grown produce. If you can't grow your own please support your local farmer's markets.

Snapchat--2227592201609248013.jpg

Snapchat-4438512321793051582.jpg

Snapchat-4919693895973616713.jpg

Met a really fun man yesterday who is tank raising salt water shrimp in the high desert. They are super clean and sweet. What do? How about tempura shrimp and squash blossoms stuffed with shrimp and potato hash? A little first of the season tomato basil concasse and a rainbow of vegetables?

20150716_171330.jpg

It's definitely something you will not find at Michigan's wildflower site. I should give a hint and let it go another day but I am not sure if I will be on tomorrow. I got hit by one of those hornets right behind the ear, it burned pretty good. "It burns because your wicked", I don't know what movie that was off but every time I say something burned, I always repeat that in my head for some reason. LOL

The little jelly peeps, crazy! Really cool looking and it totally looks like what you say, such an eye you have! :love:

SweetSue, it is very similar to borage when I googled, pretty! :)

Peejay.. :)

So, I was being a little tricky and already used this whatizit on you guys and gals... :) The whatizit is my Sangre seed potato blooming. A pic before they opened. Then just some pea's, buckwheat, a real cool cloud of a long flowing hair witch girl and then a closeup from an arrangement for some color. Have a great weekend everbody! Much obliged to our service men and woman! :love:

IMG_69978.jpg

IMG_69684.jpg

IMG_69803.jpg

IMG_70995.jpg

IMG_77905.jpg

Sue, thanks so much for those pictures of the lillies. I went out this morning and see that there are two new blossoms. This is going to be Lily haven soon. So pretty...

Radogast, I looked up Hydra Flower and could not find these. Is there a scientific name that you know of? Google kept giving me Hydrangea thinking I was misspelling it. ;-)

PeeJay, wonderful pictures. Yes, the farmers markets are a treat this time of year. I spend way too much money there.
And I cannot believe you had squash blossoms and didn't invite me to dinner!

Dennise, I cannot find the words to express my sorrow about what happened there. It's just horrifying. Don't know what else I can say..

Smokey, did you mean a hint on my little jelly people? Beautiful pics too! I can see the hair witch. :) Sweet peas have such beautiful flowers. There is a bunch of wild sweet peas growing in a ditch area down the road....would love to transplant some here someday before they go through and mow them down and chemical them. Time....time...time....

Grizz, thanks so much for your perspective on the alien snakes pic. I always see cobras dancing when I look at those, now I can see something entirely different. Yes, spiritual. :)

I took a walk in the morning mist. We had a very warm rain overnight, it was a perfectly calm morning. No wind...but lots of mosquitoes....per usual. I lose more coffee cups out there. I always bring a cup with me and set it down for a picture, then see something else and wind up forgetting where I left the cup. LOL I found three this morning.
Of course with the coffee comes Mother Nature's answer, which cut my walk short. I wasn't about to have my bare bottom flopping around for a mosquito hang out. :laughtwo:

Will have some critter cam pics in a bit. :)

Okay, critter cam this morning. I'll have flora stuff later. :)

First thing I came across while trying to get a pic of bright orange mushroom was this baby frog who decided to jump into my hand while I was clearing away some dead leaves:

walk_7-16_2.jpg

Walk_7-16_1.jpg

I headed out to the coyote chow line field and decided to show how some of these little critters camouflage themselves to blend in. Crickets...

Notice the dark stripe that looks like the dead grass around him:

walk_7-16_3.jpg

Just a pic of some dead leaves....

walk_7-16_4.jpg

No, there's a critter there too. Amazing how he is the same color as the leaves and he hopped there when I approached knowing he would blend in.

Walk_7-16_5.jpg

On the way back, this tiny spider opted to hang out right where she was despite my presence. I discovered her egg nest on a leaf just under her.

walk_7-16_6.jpg

More later...

M
A couple of flowers:

20150716_082841-1.jpg

20150716_083227-1.jpg

Snapchat--6598324874989134874.jpg

The lavender is still kickin'

20150716_083721.jpg

Tis the season to enjoy the best of locally grown produce. If you can't grow your own please support your local farmer's markets.

Snapchat--2227592201609248013.jpg

Snapchat-4438512321793051582.jpg

Snapchat-4919693895973616713.jpg

Met a really fun man yesterday who is tank raising salt water shrimp in the high desert. They are super clean and sweet. What do? How about tempura shrimp and squash blossoms stuffed with shrimp and potato hash? A little first of the season tomato basil concasse and a rainbow of vegetables?

20150716_171330.jpg

How did I miss the dinner invitation PeeJay? We really must do something about that. :laughtwo:

Lavender_flower.jpg

Canna, these are amazing. What are they? I don't believe I've ever seen them before.

Back
Top Bottom