The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I went for a walk at daybreak this morning. There truly is a calm before the storms. It was so quiet and peaceful that it was almost overwhelming. No wind, no sounds other than my feet hitting the leaves and ground. I saw deer, rabbits...and a stray cat that was a most beautiful deep shiny black come up the driveway. The chipmunks woke up when I returned and sat on the wood piles cheeping at me as I walked by.
In my head a song kept playing, don't know why....but I thought I would share it with you.

[video=youtube;RwUGSYDKUxU]
[/video]

Enjoy the day everyone, and I hope that you can feel as good as I do this morning.

:circle-of-love:

Dogwood

IMG_60546.jpg

Pansy

IMG_61043.jpg

Peony

IMG_20150608_150201.jpg

Have a great day everyone! :)

Okay, I promised an answer on the whatizit today.

Whatizit_4.jpg

It's called a "Bull Thistle", and it's the nastiest weed on the planet in my opinion. Those thorny spikes will take a chunk out of you. LOL So, that explains the hint "Think Matador". :)

whatizit_5.jpg

My fields are covered in them..... I hate them.....:circle-of-love:

LOL, when I first bought property here I also bought an old Farmall tractor, the kind with the two little wheels together on the front. I used it to haul junk that people had dumped through the years. It had a HUGE seat like yours on it and it bounced like crazy! I am so sure that I got many a laugh from cars passing by as I sang "Green Acres" while I worked on that horse of a tractor.

:biglaugh:

Loved that tractor. I wound up bartering it off to an Amish construction crew in exchange for partial payment on the barn they built me.

That's how he ended up with it... Old farmer wanted an old camper he had that he used to stay in when he was on the road working... He didn't want the camper anymore and actually he likes doing what he can on this one better than the John Deere... My ffella is very old school and was raised on a dirt farm in upstate NY.... so I'm pretty sure it wasn't his first ride on a 48' Ford tractor.... and your are absolutely correct... it bounces bad... if you have big UU..... wear a sports bra...:blushsmile:......:circle-of-love:

That's how he ended up with it... Old farmer wanted an old camper he had that he used to stay in when he was on the road working... He didn't want the camper anymore and actually he likes doing what he can on this one better than the John Deere... My ffella is very old school and was raised on a dirt farm in upstate NY.... so I'm pretty sure it wasn't his first ride on a 48' Ford tractor.... and your are absolutely correct... it bounces bad... if you have big UU..... wear a sports bra...:blushsmile:......:circle-of-love:

Or 5 or 6 rounds of duct tape...... (now we know what the passers by were laughing about, more than the seat bouncing) :rofl::rofl:

Awesome Smokey! I just have to get some peonies around here someday. The flowers are huge and beautiful!

:circle-of-love:

We have about 6 or so large clumps throughout the property. They all seem to bloom in a domino effect, assuming the various shade and such, even after bloom the foliage stays nice.

If I may interrupt for a public service announcement....I was trying to find my dehumidifier manual in my filing cabinet and when I couldn't locate it fast enough I googled the manufacturer and was stunned to learn that there is a recall notice on it for starting a fire! I ran down and unplugged it immediately and the unit was indeed hot to the touch....I have been running it nonstop for years in the basement during the summers and it is now in my flower room....

Anyway, for those of you who have units greater than 2 years old, you may want to call 866 853 2802 to see if yours is on the list of many that have been recalled....stay safe all.....

What a lovely site for a short walk! The river seems quite shallow, any idea what the average depth is in the middle of it?

The 3 herons are on a sand bar. This is a narrow spot on the river. There was a fishing wier here in the 16th century when Captain Smith, the first European, weighed anchor here because the river was blocked. About 30 yards downstream it is over 15' deep in the center and twice as wide. (I practised capsizing my Lazer there and didn't get my mast stuck) I've sailed this section once, but it was a bear getting my boat to the water.

My guess is over 8' deep.

Back
Top Bottom