The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I mention native grasses because they are finding these hold soil extremely well, even better than many trees, most trees actually. There are ornamental grasses I would not recommend. Side Oats Gramma. OMG, very prolific here. Pampas grass is not recommended ever. It is an invasive species now. Little and big bluestem, Inland sea oats. I'm making suggestions and I don't know what your USDA Heat and Cold Hardiness Zones.

Our property also was done in a few years ago by the storm, which probably then got you. It dumped 10 inches in a few hours. It overflowed into the pool, everywhere. But it also washed away the top horizon of soil. Not altogether, but a significant erosion went down.

And here on mainland Greece it's sunny and breezy and a very pleasant 76 degrees, dropping to the mid 60's at night. Dramatic thunderstorms are forecast during the next couple of days.

And just to stop this being the Weather Channel and bring us back to Canna's thread, here's a random snap of some dahlias today, bringing some blousey colour to the garden, next to a lawn that needs raking again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_10234.JPG

:love: Mr Teddy x

Now THAT, Cannafan, is a photograph. I love the sun through trees. Fabulous. Thank you.

At the same natural, if not geographical, time I funnily enough took a snap of the sun's work. I'm quite chuffed by my pots on the steps at the moment because, being a new gardener, they are all rescued plants, free and sad give-aways from garden centres or rooted from cuttings (ie broken by kittens).

The sun coming up at about 9am from behind the mountain (girls were already in position to catch the first beams):

DSC_11543.JPG

When I open the front door this is the first thing I see. Better than a brick wall in Camden Town:

DSC_1165.JPG
DSC_11571.JPG
DSC_1164.JPG
DSC_11632.JPG
DSC_11563.JPG

The Hibiscus is interesting. Three days ago it had this flower:

DSC_11513.JPG

I've looked online and it says either it's a grafted root stock (definitely not) or it's to do with how the colour pigments change with temperature (but that's just forms of fading. These are true colours). Any ideas? (You know I'm looking at you, gf).

I was so happy this morning to find a single Morning Glory bloom. I've grown a couple of dozen from seed around the fences and they have been THE most demanding plants this hot summer - sometimes four waterings a day. Finally..

DSC_11621.JPG
DSC_11601.JPG

And here's the bravest dog in the world (see my journal) in his favourite look-out spot, watching for all those armed criminals, invading armies and dodgy, German hikers coning up the road:

DSC_11661.JPG

This is a lovely spot to share. Thank you for having me.

May your god go with you.
:love: Mr Teddy

And here on mainland Greece it's sunny and breezy and a very pleasant 76 degrees, dropping to the mid 60's at night. Dramatic thunderstorms are forecast during the next couple of days.

And just to stop this being the Weather Channel and bring us back to Canna's thread, here's a random snap of some dahlias today, bringing some blousey colour to the garden, next to a lawn that needs raking again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_10234.JPG

:love: Mr Teddy x

This is my first post on this thread. There was lots to say in the previous 43 pages, but I didn't want to lose the thread bookmark.

And my first post is... Yes, I see Kilroy in 3rd flower from the right .
Or a lion :)

Howdy strangers! We all must be busily doing other things. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to live and Mark and I have been yelling, screaming, fighting, and stressing out about this bullsh.

I keep picturing the beautiful street lined streets I few up in, in Brooklyn. Then I remember those houses are basically considered mansions and I could never afford any of them. We're talking in the many millions. So, next place.

NM- not enough going on there, but it is beautiful
CA- got it going on, but expensive
NY- in my dreams, but upstate

Oh forget it. My brains are so fried. I mean it too.

Hi

Here are a few more from Australia area.

AustraliaDayEightandNineOutandClass_144.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_007.jpg

AustraliaDaySevenOutandClass_005.jpg

Proteas, I have one in my front yard. Beautiful flowers, tree can be pruned to create a hedge. Flower bulbs once dried make good fire starters.

These next pictures were taken in Australia, near the city of Adelaide. I don't know the names of these flowers or trees, maybe somebody from AU can help identify them.
First up are some unusual shapes that reminded of what we used to call "Push Up Pops" ice cream treats. They have vanilla ice cream on top and orange sherbet on the bottom.

AustraliaDayfiveout_033.jpg

AustraliaDayfiveout_034.jpg

AustraliaDayfiveout_039.jpg

AustraliaDayOneOuting_010.jpg

AustraliaDayOneOuting_016.jpg

AustraliaDayEightandNineOutandClass_146.jpg

AustraliaDayEightandNineOutandClass_135.jpg

AustraliaDayEightandNineOutandClass_139.jpg

Banksia

Victoria...

are things any better today? I just feel so bad for you and your hubby. Moving is the biggest stressor, especially when you are trying to make a plan and get things ready to move at the same time. I hope that the two of you can make some time together to just relax and throw out ideas.

I hope it gets better and please take some time to relax, have a smoke....or two...and hit the pool while the weather is warm enough to do so?

:circle-of-love:

How many of you give your house plants the same nutrients as you do with your Cannabis? I only have the spider plants, some cuttings from a goldfish plant, and a small spiky tree of some kind, was wondering if it would help or hinder to use the same nutes. I use General Hydroponics line.

Edit: The indoor tree is a Madagascar Dragon Tree

This is the tree the kitten has her mind made up to destroy. It is now in a closet with cheap-o Led panels. We'll see what happens.
;-)

Mr. Teddy! What fantastic colors you have posted. I especially love the Morning Glory's!
Just out of curiosity, when does your winter start in your area? Do you get a lot of snow and bitter cold where you are?

Hope the kittens are doing well, obviously the guard dog is doing his job faithfully thwarting off the negative forces.

:circle-of-love:

Good evening, Cannafan. I'm glad you like the Morning Glory. I love it because it's been such a pain in the arse (you would say butt?) - demanding water and feeds since I potted the seedlings. Wilting as soon as the sun came out. Such a Prima Donna. And sticking out all those winding stems which at first you train and then you give up on. And suddenly, this glorious, Aegean-blue flower. The fences are covered now.

Winter here sets in in earnest in December and runs through February. Can go down to -10 here on the mountain with plenty of snow. There's a small ski village one hour's drive away and 1,000 metres up. But last winter was very mild with no snow (disaster for the village; and I missed out too) which is why we've has such water problems this summer. Reminds me......order 3 tonnes of logs. Prices increase nearer Christmas. Supply and demand, you just can't get away from it.

KITTEN MAULED BY GOATHERD'S DOGS EXCLUSIVE is on my journal. But - astonishingly - she is fine now. Nature's healing power is one thing to which the word 'awesome' may properly be ascribed.
:love: Mr Teddy

Back
Top Bottom