The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

No camera, just my phone, but I thought this little guy was interesting given his Choice of striped plants. ;)
0011924.JPG
0031828.JPG

Body is probably 1/2" long. (abdomen)
I left it alone and until Mrs. Spimp sees it, it will be fine right there. :)

She is not a fan of alive spiders :rofl: Me either really, but I draw the line at the front door. You come in my Casa, it's not gonna end well. You stay outside, I'll try to help you hide from the Mrs. lol

Yeah, this spider is not one which you would ever likely find inside. My Mark was bitten by a Brown Recluse and it melted his hand a bit and it swelled up triple. And Mark definitely has huge mitts and wears size 15 shoes. He's 6'5, 235. He runs like a girl when he sees a spider!

Me, nothing scares me really. OH, no, one thing, anything in the grasshopper or cricket family. And I rescued about ten crickets from inside the store last week. I put them in an envelope and freed them outside.

Do you have that where you guys live; a stampede of crickets at certain strip malls? I don't mean a few here and there. I mean blanketing the ground, and many jumping all over in the stores, too.

Yeah, this spider is not one which you would ever likely find inside. My Mark was bitten by a Brown Recluse and it melted his hand a bit and it swelled up triple. And Mark definitely has huge mitts and wears size 15 shoes. He's 6'5, 235. He runs like a girl when he sees a spider!

Me, nothing scares me really. OH, no, one thing, anything in the grasshopper or cricket family. And I rescued about ten crickets from inside the store last week. I put them in an envelope and freed them outside.

Do you have that where you guys live; a stampede of crickets at certain strip malls? I don't mean a few here and there. I mean blanketing the ground, and many jumping all over in the stores, too.

Not crickets here, but danged if we don't have hundreds and hundreds of baby toads!

Oh definitely toads and a million of them! With two ponds you can imagine. At night it sounds like an automated loud machinery factory outside! We also have bullfrogs, and one in particular loves the pool. Every night Mark has to go get him out, but only after he make a huge turd. Dang. He's very large, I'd say about 1.5 pounds or so.

I'll try to get a photo of him swimming at night with the pool light on.

He is so loud out there you wouldn't believe it. Maybe I can record how loud it is out there at night. Ever drive through N. Florida at night? That cacophony of noise. Almost like that. Not AS loud.

I don't have any idea where he came from. The creek is at least 1,000 feet away, across the street, down into the woods and down a ravine.

Nature.

Maybe one year I'll invite people over from 420 for the weekend or something. It would be a lot of fun to get together. Not sure how many people would come.

I just jumped on the couch! I can't stand those hoppers.

Did I post this yet? The flowers I bought for Mark the other day. I don't normally like pink and yellow, but these were so beautiful.

ot21.jpg

ot32.jpg

z213.jpg

z36.jpg

Here's Mika in her little carriage. I pull it behind when I ride my bike or I push it when we walk.
I can't ride the bike because of the balance thing, so I hope we find out what is causing it and fix it.

IMG_082332.JPG

IMG_082422.JPG

IMG_082526.JPG

I do not remember if I told you guys, but I brought her to the vet on Friday and it cost me almost 900 dollars. She had her sinuses flushed, shot of antibiotics, two blood tests, xrays, shot of hormone to calm her repro (she has ova in her, if they develop it will be 4 eggs, not good).

She is amazingly better already. I'm waiting for her nasal culture now so I can get her the antibiotics she needs. Probably Baytril.

There goes my camera, my Oxy Pot System, or fixing my trucks load leveler system! Bah

Back
Top Bottom