The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Yep, You got zoom. Just use your fingers on the screen like you are enlarging a picture. ;-) Caution though, taking pictures with the zoom takes an extremely steady hand for any clear shots, I usually use the tripod if I have to do that.

I think what impresses me most on outdoor shots with this is that the skies stay true blue and the clouds are true white. I don't have to mess with exposure compensation to keep the sky from getting white washed out. Beautiful scenery pics as yours, they deserve a true sky!

I'll try to get a panorama this weekend.

I know your personal avatar, I guess I should have said emoticon. That cute nerd emoticon. I always see these cute ones from Dennise or you and are they on the list of emoticons we can use? It's not important. I have a few photos and updated a little on what I cut off today on the WW x BB. The totally shaded stuff underneath. That's in my current journal.

This one is for Canna. This is one of the frogs who lives in our pond. He/she was sitting on the window sill this morning with the bronze bird I have out there. I snapped him for you, Canna.

ot22.jpg

I've always been a faintly disinterested photographer, Canna. I enjoy burning images of the places I go into my mind's eye more than taking pictures. Pictures never really do a place justice. Maybe I do a decent job of composition when I set my mind to it, but not great.

The other thing is I'm hard on cameras. I have a whole drawer full of broken cameras. It's just one more thing to drag along on a trip. For example, a few years back I paid almost $2000 for a camera to take on a 21 day oar powered raft trip down the Grand Canyon. The camera was trash before we even got to Phantom Ranch; roughly the half way point.

I really like having a somewhat competent camera built into a phone. Less gear to tote and fuss with.

Really, for shooting with a long lens you do need a tripod. A viewfinder is also really nice. A good friend is a Pulitzer Prize Winning photog. He gets some steady shots with a long lens and no tripod, but the man has some serious skills!

I think that is one of the female frogs. Not the bull, though. There is no way he could fit on that window sill! I did hear him last night. I think we also have a Barred Owl. When I use the rest room in the middle of the night I can hear his or her hooting, very distinct pattern. It comes in through the attic fan. :)

I know we have a cuckoo in the front tree, but she is very shy and hard to get a photo of. I think I have an old one of her. I believe it is the same one who comes every year to nest in that tree.

I just cooked dinner, too, Canna. I made Mark pan seared salmon with colored fingerling potatoes with zucchini w/garlic and quinoa. Shut him right up on a Tuesday night. That's usually a weekend meal.

I think that is one of the female frogs. Not the bull, though. There is no way he could fit on that window sill! I did hear him last night. I think we also have a Barred Owl. When I use the rest room in the middle of the night I can hear his or her hooting, very distinct pattern. It comes in through the attic fan. :)

I know we have a cuckoo in the front tree, but she is very shy and hard to get a photo of. I think I have an old one of her. I believe it is the same one who comes every year to nest in that tree.

I just cooked dinner, too, Canna. I made Mark pan seared salmon with colored fingerling potatoes with zucchini w/garlic and quinoa. Shut him right up on a Tuesday night. That's usually a weekend meal.

That makes me hungry! That's a good thing. LOL It's Salmon season here right now, but the usual Salmon boat is down with an engine problem. Damn!

I downloaded that photo Canna so I could zoom in. I was hopping you'd be out in the yard sunbathing. Not nearly high enough resolution. Rats.

Was the coyote chow line logged, or cleared for farming? What is the origin of the clearing?

I downloaded that photo Canna so I could zoom in. I was hopping you'd be out in the yard sunbathing. Not nearly high enough resolution. Rats.

Was the coyote chow line logged, or cleared for farming? What is the origin of the clearing?

The origin.....well how do I put this where I don't go into an absolute hissy fit after all these years? :rofl:

Once upon a time, many years ago, I used to travel to certain conventions for speaking and training.....I was married then. I left for Missouri for a week long presentation, and upon returning home discovered that my husband had paid a logger to come in and clear out a very large section of my wooded paradise. For the money. (I never saw a dime of that, LOL)

So what to do with it now? I decided I would get another pond dug and raise blue catfish. Halfway into that project my only neighbor decided he didn't like the dirt trucks up and down the road and caused issues with the township claiming there was sand mining going on. It would have cost about $5000.00 in permits and probably that in attorney fees to fight it. The excavator (good friend) and I decided to call off the process. He filled things back in and smoothed it up a couple years ago. Now I'm just letting it grow back in.

So, that's da' story with 'dat.

Now, the nosy neighbor.....up until this point we did quite well leaving each other alone. We can't see each others' houses. He actually bought the property he has from us when my husband was getting treatments for cancer that insurance would not pay. $6000.00 shots! The neighbor has an easement to his house in the woods compliments of my legal and documented permission.
He has a dog....he has a business hauling masonry equipment and operates from his home. He probably should not have caused problems with me.
I proceeded to enforce the "leash law". He can no longer let his dog run on my power line access or anywhere else without being leashed.
He can no longer run his heavy equipment trucks back and forth on the easement, as it is approved for residential access only.

He should have minded his own biz. LOL

Instant karma. I always remember the backlash when I am about to report something or when I get pissed at something. I don't want that hooking back in on me so I try to be mindful of how I complain or not.

That is pretty dicky of the dude. Geesh. Why do people think they can determine what you do on your property? You would have hauled for a few weeks till you had your pond and that would have been that!

I know you don't take it out on the dog. Poor guy or girl.

Wow... You seem to enjoy checking out the clearing on your walks. I suppose when you dug it out to make a pond you got rid of most of the stumps? That wouldn't be such a bad thing. It sure didn't look like it had been cleared to farm in the photo.

This is the area I call the "Coyote Chow Line". It was cleared a few years ago for another large pond. I changed my mind on it and will be letting it grow back in. I feed the Coyotes out there with scraps every now and then.

sunday20.jpg

I knew there was a picture of the clearing here somewhere. It is sort of a scar in more ways than one, I reckon.

Don't misunderstand GF, he can run his dog on his own property all he wants. He just no longer has access to do it on mine. ;-) It's a beautiful dog, but not trained well. Power lines are not owned by the power company as most trespassers believe, they are owned by the land owner and the power company simply has an easement right to it. Private property all the way except for the power company rights.

I tend to stay to myself, I don't complain unless it's something harmful to me or my property/animals. It causes neighbor wars, and those are not good. He started getting so nosy that I had to let him know where he and his nose belonged. LOL

Back
Top Bottom