The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

That was one mornings pick session on the blueberries, lol.

Yeah, I can clone them. Already have! I've made 3 so far. :thumb:

Fresh berries we/I use in all sorts of dishes. As much as bowel tolerance will let, lol. Pancakes, muffins, pie, cereal topping...just plain handfuls like I'm about to do..

Yum.

Then comes preserves and jams.

The excess is frozen for off season use like you would use an expensive bag of frozen blueberries. I have a couple deep chest freezers and extra fridge/freezers that hold what's harvested here and help when processing large amount of food. Some blueberries are packaged up fresh in clear plastic clam shells and I use them as gifts or trading stock. People around here are getting to know my blueberries. I've traded them for everything from composted horse manure to ammunition to dirt road grading. But always first comes filling my reserves for the year. My folks eat them a lot too, so they get a bunch too.

:thanks:

This girl watched me do dishes and stuff at the sink for 40 minutes

Cute and coy from a distance, she has the look down.

20160625_123541-1.jpg

THAT is a precious picture! How cute and innocent looking. :thumb:

we want more pic's.
we need visions of natural health to promote the desire to heal.
we demand the freedom to experience the natural realm.
No matter how small we measure against the planet, solar system, galaxy, universe, Infinity, we still can appreciate what we can comprehend, perceive, experience.
We request that you continue to be our means to enhance our education.
:Namaste::goodjob::thumb::thanks:
Dan.

Fertilize with a little nitrogen and some epsom salts. What have you given them and what do you have available?

Tomatoes like P and K, and consume a bit less N in comparison. Look at Espoma brand Tomato-tone fertilizer. It's NPK is 3-4-6. In fact a little bag of that would do you wonders. They do well with Garden-tone too.

All that said I screwed up some of mine by over applying N. I have great big leaves and no yellowing, but flowering has suffered. Oops and oh well.

Also, tomatoes can be finicky about water. Try to maintain a constant moisture level. Not overly wet, not dead pan dry. If they go through wet/dry cycles the fruits can have problems. Dark, dying spots on the bottoms (not end rot) and splitting are two big ones. So keep them watered evenly, and USE MULCH!!!!

:circle-of-love:

Fertilize with a little nitrogen and some epsom salts. What have you given them and what do you have available?

Tomatoes like P and K, and consume a bit less N in comparison. Look at Espoma brand Tomato-tone fertilizer. It's NPK is 3-4-6. In fact a little bag of that would do you wonders. They do well with Garden-tone too.

All that said I screwed up some of mine by over applying N. I have great big leaves and no yellowing, but flowering has suffered. Oops and oh well.

Also, tomatoes can be finicky about water. Try to maintain a constant moisture level. Not overly wet, not dead pan dry. If they go through wet/dry cycles the fruits can have problems. Dark, dying spots on the bottoms (not end rot) and splitting are two big ones. So keep them watered evenly, and USE MULCH!!!!

:circle-of-love:

Heirloom, would it benefit my tomato grow area to put compost over the top of it? It's really nothing more than grass/leaves/wood chips. I don't have a true compost pile where you would throw scraps and such on it, just natural stuff.

I used some miracle grow on the tomatoes last night...I am guessing that is the wrong thing to do. Also I think I have to use the neem oil on my MJ cuz I saw a white high back flying insect on my plant leaves this am.

Is your MJ plant outside? I can't remember. I have been using Diotomaceous Earth powder on my outdoor girls this year and have noticed a major improvement in keeping the critters off the plants.

Back
Top Bottom