The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I did a mirror image for ya D. Awesome t-shirt! I want one!!!!

Dee_T_shirt.jpg

Hello Lilred,
I don't know where "down here" is and/or if you plan to grow them inside or outside. But peas are generally a cool weather crop that do well in spring and fall. There are even some heat tolerant varieties.

Got to it before me. Yeah, cool weather. I've tried some heat resistant cultivars, but never had good success. In your area Lilred, I'm thinking April is a good time as long as there's no freeze. Fall works too if you didn't get your fill in spring.

Welcome HomeHydro!

:Namaste:

Got to it before me. Yeah, cool weather. I've tried some heat resistant cultivars, but never had good success. In your area Lilred, I'm thinking April is a good time as long as there's no freeze. Fall works too if you didn't get your fill in spring.

Welcome HomeHydro!

:Namaste:
Down here I wear flip flops til mid December. Does that mean I can plant in late September. Or just wait til next April?

Homehydro,

Down here is SC.

What she said. Any lightning/thunder in the area as well? It fixes nitrogen in the atmosphere and deposits it as a lovely foliar feeding through rain. Ever notice a green boost after a thunder storm?

That is the single largest supply of N used in nature.

:thumb:

Wow I did not know that....does that apply to just thunder and lighting with no rain....we have quite a few of those days here lately....but today sadly no thunder and lighting...just steady rain.

Wind blows it all around the globe to some degree, so really it's ever present. But rain during a thunder storm has always seems to me, anecdotally I suppose, to give an extra boost. I can't be the only person to notice this. I haven't looked for actual numbers on thunder vs. non thunder storm rain.

N isn't the only thing that comes with rain. All manner of elements can be found in it. Sulfur is a big one, especially since the industrial age dawned. Consider this. A dust storm in the Sahara kicks up sand and dust particles and blows it across the ocean to deposit it on the rain forests of eastern side of South America. It literally fertilizes the Amazon (not .com, lol).

No one ever fertilized the forest. :hmmmm: Mother Nature takes care of it in various ways.

EDIT: Rain, water, H2O is the important solvent here. It must reach the ground and plant surfaces.

And to expand on the lightning...on average there is something like 30 lighting flashes/strikes per SECOND on earth. So all the benefits we know of, and many more we have no clue about, are constantly happening.

Ok, just one more thing about rain. It must have a particle to form on. There must be something present for the water molecules to begin collect on in order to form a drop. Enter dust and the many elements that come with it. Volcanoes are a key source too.

:circle-of-love:

Sooooooo, doing a rain dance in front of a volcano makes you look like you are the magic rain maker? :laugh: Hmmmm.....

You are a know it all that we appreciate. It's great to have someone on the thread again that is so familiar with plants/gardening and the environment!

HiDeHo to you too Ms. MOTM nominee. :)

Sooooooo, doing a rain dance in front of a volcano makes you look like you are the magic rain maker? :laugh: Hmmmm.....

You are a know it all that we appreciate. It's great to have someone on the thread again that is so familiar with plants/gardening and the environment!

HiDeHo to you too Ms. MOTM nominee. :)

Weeeeell, yeeees. Probably for a short while. Then the pyroclastic flow would make you very unpopular. :laugh:

Thank you Canna. :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom