The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

And here's a few pics of me being bored...:)....:circle-of-love:
DSC063265.JPG
DSC063255.JPG
DSC063224.JPG
These tomatoes are in PJ soil cause someone brought me the plants and they never made it to the garden...:oops: but they are doing really well... I have 8 babies on there... I don't eat them except in sauces so it will be plenty for me....:circle-of-love:
DSC063165.JPG

:passitleft: High Guys ... I had to chase the Pom across the property today and after I finished having a heart attack in the front yard I noticed this really cool looking plant that I had never noticed before and I have never seen one like it before either...:straightface: Does anybody know what this is..:confused:... The leaves are so thick they look like velvet... It's really quite a kewl looking plant....:circle-of-love:
DSC063184.JPG
DSC063194.JPG
DSC063206.JPG
DSC063215.JPG

Common Mullein. Look it up, it's a useful plant.

:circle-of-love:

Oh yes, I'm just old enough. 40 later this year. I used to get the new Encyclopedia Britannica sets for Xmas from my G'ma. And I read them, lol. That may have started me on the thirst for knowledge path. You should see my book collection. I try to keep hard copy's of important info. If you had no computer tomorrow, would you be able to ID it and know if that plant was poisonous or a potential antimicrobial and sore throat remedy?

:winkyface:

Common Mullein. Look it up, it's a useful plant.

great call, Heirloom....I just pulled one up today on my prop.....have seen them before and thought it was a weed....could have used it for it's healing properties....my horse darted out of my arena today and skinned off several layers of my forearm in 7 places....OWIE!

I only knew it because I had to look it up last year. I have them too and marveled over the thick velvety leaves.

Ouch. Happy you got away with just some scrapes though. Don't ever get caught against a fence.

I haven't had any really bad horse incidents. I did get thrown once. It was fairly early on when I was learning to ride. We were in a canter in the arena. She just stopped on a dime and reared. No idea why. No snakes or anything nearby that we saw.

I know, guys, I'm bleeding like no tomorrow, so like an idiot I slapped gauze on top of my forearm with tape because I had to finish cutting the lawn.....of course, at the end of the day, the gauze was glued to my forearm....got a 5 gallon bucket in the sink with warm water and had my arm in there for 45 minutes to soften both the wounds and the gauze to pull it off.....sorry to be so gross, but I extracted all of it (owie) and the healing process has begun.....

The mini is now in the round pen within the pasture and the horse in the pasture....no more escaping for that Houdini and I can sleep soundly at night with no worries....

I know, I live alone on my farm and have too much to do outside to keep things up in the summer....my farrier accused me of having a very fat mini, so I have been leaving him on the back pasture on a diet of hay to slim him down....he desperately wants lovely green grass, so they busted out of the pasture and were nowhere to be found this week....talk about sending me into a panic....I drove around a 4 mile block looking for them and turns out they were in the back 40 feasting on grass....I have some breaches in the electric fencing and he has figured it out....the round pen is 60 feet round, 10' tall and has chicken wire between the support posts....had planned to put a monster veggie garden in there this year and then am in the process of doubling my grow room, so figured I better concentrate on that....anyway, just another day in paradise at the Shawnee Ranch.....now I know the reason I didn't do the veggie garden....the universe has a way of speaking to me....

Happy that I was directed here....I am a city girl but dad always kept gardens and a greenhouse on the property with a small homemade pond....I picked from the garden and was on charge of weed control...on hands and knees.
Never did a garden before. So when I post up pics tonight...tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should be doing. Hopefully I can learn from yall and expand on this for years to come.

I have four acres of land on a corner lot. I have a 4400 square foot hpuse that I hope will be empty in the next few years...my baby is 14.
I will post more pics as soon as I get home...here are what I have with me now.

420-magazine-mobile1661690216.jpg

420-magazine-mobile553436396.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1960256761.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:passitleft: High Guys ... I had to chase the Pom across the property today and after I finished having a heart attack in the front yard I noticed this really cool looking plant that I had never noticed before and I have never seen one like it before either...:straightface: Does anybody know what this is..:confused:... The leaves are so thick they look like velvet... It's really quite a kewl looking plant....:circle-of-love:

Well, it's nice to know what this is! I've got several of them out here, and they get really large. :)

I've missed so much on this thread in the last few days, I'm going to catch up tonight when the internet connection is better. Took forever to load this page. Sprint service doesn't like it when it's hot outside...or humid....or too cold.....:laugh:

I look forward to seeing what everyone has for us.

I've got some small tomatoes starting! Yummo :)

I spent the entire day so far ridding my garage/barn of life's junk. I'm whooped already. LOL Will have a nice fire for a barbecue tonight though.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy that I was directed here....I am a city girl but dad always kept gardens and a greenhouse on the property with a small homemade pond....I picked from the garden and was on charge of weed control...on hands and knees.
Never did a garden before. So when I post up pics tonight...tell me what I am doing wrong and what I should be doing. Hopefully I can learn from yall and expand on this for years to come.

I have four acres of land on a corner lot. I have a 4400 square foot hpuse that I hope will be empty in the next few years...my baby is 14.
I will post more pics as soon as I get home...here are what I have with me now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That looks like a fun time in the garden.

I know, guys, I'm bleeding like no tomorrow, so like an idiot I slapped gauze on top of my forearm with tape because I had to finish cutting the lawn.....of course, at the end of the day, the gauze was glued to my forearm....got a 5 gallon bucket in the sink with warm water and had my arm in there for 45 minutes to soften both the wounds and the gauze to pull it off.....sorry to be so gross, but I extracted all of it (owie) and the healing process has begun.....

The mini is now in the round pen within the pasture and the horse in the pasture....no more escaping for that Houdini and I can sleep soundly at night with no worries....

I had a hard time "Liking" that post. We are too much alike girl. Hope it shows some good healing today? That mini needs a good ol' fashioned spanking. LOL

Back
Top Bottom