The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

I'm much closer to 60 than 50 my dear friend!

Does it just come and go like this, and I feel like I have the flu with fever! I actually have fever, but I don't think I am sick. I'm just on zero energy and exhausted.

Probably psychosomatic. That happens when I get very stressed out, but I'm not sure what I'm stressed about. Eh

I'm much closer to 60 than 50 my dear friend!

Does it just come and go like this, and I feel like I have the flu with fever! I actually have fever, but I don't think I am sick. I'm just on zero energy and exhausted.

Probably psychosomatic. That happens when I get very stressed out, but I'm not sure what I'm stressed about. Eh

When I am at my sickest with my particular troubles, I drive myself into a fever stressing about it and letting it depress me. Best thing to do is hydrate yourself and not try to do too much (but don't just sit and let it take control of you either), and force yourself to think of something you enjoy. And a good dose of cannabis helps a bunch!

:circle-of-love:

I have some pics ready from this morning. First up is a closer pic of that beautiful black, yet colorful, dragon fly:

Dragon_Fly_10.jpg

Now, the walking stick. If you have ever seen one of these it's very hard to tell where the head of the critter is, hopefully you will see it:

walking_stick_2.jpg

Here's a closer shot:

walking_stick_1.jpg

At the end of it's "mouth" on the tree branch you can see little legs sticking up. That's a Mosquito. I think the walking stick was looking at breakfast. sneaky
Which reminds me of a joke:

How do you catch a unique wabbit?

U-Nique up on it...

:tommy:

brrump brump

Yes, that does look like a Datura stramonium aka native species and is commonly called Jimsonweed. Datura inoxia, D.metel and D.wrightii are all very beautiful. I will have plenty of seeds in the fall if anyone with lots of woodland wants to get a stand going. These plants attract night pollinator insects, particularly the Hawk and Sphinx moths with produce the tobacco and tomato horn worms. Two different worms, but look a lot alike.

So if you want seed, write it down and remind me in the fall. The fall. Oh that sounds so good. Right? That is my favorite season. Spring is my best for renewal, but I do love the fall into winter. I love the freshness in the air, fires, and the smells of harvest time. I love the way the colors fill the sky in the morning and evening around here. New Mexico has those teal colored skies, and so do we for some reason. It is just so beautiful in the evenings if you can avoid the flying vampire mosquitoes.

Then there are the bats. I live right up the road from the second largest urban bat colony in America...and maybe the world. Yesterday morning I had an appt. and had to drive under the bat bridge and they were returning to roost for the day. This weekend I think we'll go up and put on masks, gloves and boots and go get us some guano. There is a ton of it under the bridge. It just has to be composted and I have a nice pile of brown going right now which really could use some hot N. Bat guano!

ok i am gonna quit hitting the like button here for a bit
i have spammed your poor profile
thank you

P.S. spiders!! shudder! i don't like spiders and snakes but that aint no reason not to like me...

I got a squirrel a while back and thought it was funny. Actually, my birdcam took this photo out back by the feeders. It's a lot of fun watching the video of the racoons at night as they swing on the feeders like maniacs.

sq11.jpg

There's been cute video of baby goats making the rounds and I wanted one, so Mark bought me this one on his way home from work the other day! Brat. Not the goat I wanted, but okay...

g411.jpg

Cute Goat! Won't have to feed him much. LOL

You want to have some fun with the squirrels climbing the pole to get to the food? Put a thin layer of vaseline on the pole just up from where they jump onto it. It is soooooo funny to watch them slide back down. Doesn't hurt them a bit, but it's truly funny.

And you just reminded me about the bats. I like to go outside at twilight with a damp paper towel squished into a little ball, and toss it straight up. Doesn't take too many times and the bats will start diving for it.
My grandaughters used to be scared to death of bats until they did a camp out in my back yard and I taught them this trick. They had a blast!

Glad you are feeling better, and I will love some of those moon flower seeds!

Yes, that goat is so cute. My husband is a doll who gets me.

The bats are very cool. We usually get in the pool and just sit there under the water hiding from the mosquitoes and watch. They start around 7pm and stop around 9pm. I have no idea where they go. They just go east, but they also roost in my trees. I can hear them squeaking.

And I managed one more shot of the Great Blue Heron when I got home this evening. He's like PeeJay's hawk, a PITA.

Taking pictures of dead animals and bugs is SO much easier.

And you just reminded me about the bats. I like to go outside at twilight with a damp paper towel squished into a little ball, and toss it straight up. Doesn't take too many times and the bats will start diving for it.
My grandaughters used to be scared to death of bats until they did a camp out in my back yard and I taught them this trick. They had a blast!

Ok... Wad of paper towel in one hand. Camera and flash in the other. I hereby issue a bat picture challenge!

Love the goat, GF. You are married to a prince.

I forgot to say that I have video of the squirrels trying up that little stake when it is raining out. It is so adorable. I won't use Vaseline because I read somewhere that it harms them by clogging their pores on the belly if it gets on their skin. Dirt can build up there on them and cause irritation. I never use any oil in the garden.

I've heard people say to put oil in the bird bath to prevent mosquitoes. W R O N G!!!!!! It will cause certain death to the birds which get that oil on their wings.

I have to go out back and dig out some 1 gallon pots to pot up my three plants for when the LED gets here Thursday. It is so hot outside, I can't bring myself out, but tomorrow I have to get that neuro MRI so I must sweat. I'll get them, then. I also think I may mow the lawn, which takes about ten minutes or less. Very little lawn.

Peege, Mark is a prince. He really is. Today is his 54th birthday. I made him eggs over easy, sausage and toast with hash browns. His favorite meal.

The sunset is purple and blue. I wish my camera was better about now.

Have a great evening.

Current Rose blooms that I'd like to share. The purple one resembles a Mr. Lincoln. Smells like orange zesty fruit. The white one doesn't smell as much but it does appear "Pure" I love getting nice floral clusters :Namaste:

IMG_27995.JPG
IMG_27743.JPG
IMG_27731.JPG

The white one looks like 'Iceburg' and the reddish/pink like 'Knockout' roses.

I have a few of the Knockout roses and they are amazing performers in drought, hot blazing sun 12 hours, on a south wall in that heat, and they flower all summer without effort or deadheading. Mine even stayed evergreen here last winter.

Beautiful GF! Thanks so much for the pictures. :)

Sorry I've been missing for a couple days, I've been under the weather a bit. Well, a lot. LOL
A bit better today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to my morning walks. Chilly in the mornings here right now with the cold front that moved down. We had one hell of a storm on Tuesday night, my house literally shook several times with the thunder. Poor Sassy must have thought a tornado was coming through the house.

It just occurred to me that I forgot to do the poll for the pic contest, but I'm thinking maybe we don't really need to. How about we just give each other reps as I feel you are all winners too. The idea was to get people outside for a nature hunt, and we accomplished that for sure. :)
We can still hold a vote here if you like though.

Have a great day everyone.

I hope you feel better, Canna.

It just rained 1/3 inch here which is so nice in the end of July. It is rare, but it happens. All my rain barrels are full. The pot is only watered with rainwater unless I have none.

My little grow closet is almost set up. I have to repot my three plants, then when the lights arrive later, hang them. I hope they come with hangers. If not, I'll order them.

My MRI yesterday was awful. I had a panic attack in the machine. My whole head and body to my thighs were in the machine with a max of two inches around you to breath. I normally close my eyes the entire time, but this was over 1.5 hours with very loud noise. I never had my brain and neck done before. Just near the end with about 5 minutes to go a very loud bang and my eyes opened inside the machine and i totally panicked. I was screaming to get out. F that. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than do that again. They better find something! Hahaha. All that for nothing will be unfunny.

I tested it this morning. Yep, I still get very dizzy when I put my head back and if I look up, I can't balance to stand or walk. Fun getting older.

Back
Top Bottom