TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Update time - 18/08/17

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Got a small update and some photos for you. Things have really picked up, the girls are looking much better and really starting to bush out after the lst.

I have been mixing up a fresh batch of nutrients every 5 or 6 days.

Starting with 60 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 9 ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 32 ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 95 ml each 1.2 EC
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 1.2

Once a week on a Monday just as lights turn out I give all girls a good spray of Plant Magic Evolution.

In the evening I cancel their first feed of the day and take out 10 litres of nutrient mix from the reservoir. I then mix in 2 scoops of Great White Mycorrhizae and 2 ml litre of Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice. I then adjust PH and top feed each plant with 1 litre, normal feeding will then resume from the next scheduled feed with the drip system.

The drippers are still on 3x 45 second feeds a day atmo.

I plan to do some more lst and a little bit of defoliation over the next few days. I plan on getting the first layer of scrog up much earlier this time so I can weave those branches and try to end up with two bud sites in each square before we flip to flower.

Here's some photos to have a look at.

Group shots first

420-magazine-mobile605292855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile226449903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1151485717.jpg

Individual shots of each girl. The plants are all labeled from 1/10. 1/5 at the front from right to left, then 6/10 at the back from left to right.

420-magazine-mobile1572180838.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1300099379.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1212415402.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2124431719.jpg

420-magazine-mobile996504710.jpg

420-magazine-mobile55315935.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1362931973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1004542331.jpg

420-magazine-mobile589547796.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1108118299.jpg

Numbers 7 and 8 were the last to pop their heads up through the rapid rooters. Girl number 7 was the last to show her self at almost 2 days later than number 8 and 4 days later than the rest of the girls. Number 7 is my favourite out of them all, I'm hoping for big things from her. Hopefully going to be a couple of good phenos here for me to keep as mothers for the next run.

I also installed some flow valves to each individual dripper so I can control the feed to each plant if some plants need less than others once the feed time goes up.

420-magazine-mobile2043919010.jpg

TK

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Looking very healthy and nice and bushy, I've also added a middle light in my tent 400w hps to Carry the gap between my 600s. I've noticed no matter how many plants I grow in my area it always stays roughly the same yield so I'm hoping the extra 400 might bump it up!? What do you think terp?

Me too, it's a fantastic medium and yes, very forgiving. Tbh, the first problem I had was the droopy plants, last run went perfectly to plan. At least the problem was minimal and the girls are really starting to look great now. Man you really do get hydro results, you just have to be patient until the roots take hold then they absolutley take off, even more when they're being drop fed 3x a day. Defintley not the worst problem you could have lol, glad they're healthy. I've not tried autos, only photoperiod so far. How have you found autos?
I would like the freedom of photos. Read that if you do much defol on autos it can reduce final weight, so I've only topped and done lst and the plants are big busy messes lol.

Great work Terp! Girls look so much happier in there bigger pots!! Getting good!!

Great looking girls ya got going in here TK! I just started some Holy Grail Kush myself and from the way you've been describing here it is one hell of a smoke!

Keep up the awesome work:thumb:

Update time - 18/08/17

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Got a small update and some photos for you. Things have really picked up, the girls are looking much better and really starting to bush out after the lst.

I have been mixing up a fresh batch of nutrients every 5 or 6 days.

Starting with 60 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 9 ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 32 ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 95 ml each 1.2 EC
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 1.2

Once a week on a Monday just as lights turn out I give all girls a good spray of Plant Magic Evolution.

In the evening I cancel their first feed of the day and take out 10 litres of nutrient mix from the reservoir. I then mix in 2 scoops of Great White Mycorrhizae and 2 ml litre of Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice. I then adjust PH and top feed each plant with 1 litre, normal feeding will then resume from the next scheduled feed with the drip system.

The drippers are still on 3x 45 second feeds a day atmo.

I plan to do some more lst and a little bit of defoliation over the next few days. I plan on getting the first layer of scrog up much earlier this time so I can weave those branches and try to end up with two bud sites in each square before we flip to flower.

Here's some photos to have a look at.

Group shots first

420-magazine-mobile605292855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile226449903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1151485717.jpg

Individual shots of each girl. The plants are all labeled from 1/10. 1/5 at the front from right to left, then 6/10 at the back from left to right.

420-magazine-mobile1572180838.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1300099379.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1212415402.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2124431719.jpg

420-magazine-mobile996504710.jpg

420-magazine-mobile55315935.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1362931973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1004542331.jpg

420-magazine-mobile589547796.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1108118299.jpg

Numbers 7 and 8 were the last to pop their heads up through the rapid rooters. Girl number 7 was the last to show her self at almost 2 days later than number 8 and 4 days later than the rest of the girls. Number 7 is my favourite out of them all, I'm hoping for big things from her. Hopefully going to be a couple of good phenos here for me to keep as mothers for the next run.

I also installed some flow valves to each individual dripper so I can control the feed to each plant if some plants need less than others once the feed time goes up.

420-magazine-mobile2043919010.jpg

TK
You got them ladies looking top shelf Bro. .

Looking very healthy and nice and bushy, I've also added a middle light in my tent 400w hps to Carry the gap between my 600s. I've noticed no matter how many plants I grow in my area it always stays roughly the same yield so I'm hoping the extra 400 might bump it up!? What do you think terp?

Thanks very much, very happy with how they're looking now. Be cracking on with some more lst and some defoliation tonight to open them up and widen them a bit more. Very nice addition, I think that's a great idea. If you can keep it cool enough I think the extra light in the middle of our size tents makes a difference, improves they overlap of light spread. Yeah I'm very confident you should get a bigger yield now you got more light. Confident my light in the middle defintley bumps up my yields. Think I'm already going to get a better yield this time. Not needing the fans and radiators on the floor freed up a lot of space. Hoping I can fill the whole tent left to get other haha. Were you pulling over a kg with those two 600w lights before? What strains was you doing pal?

I would like the freedom of photos. Read that if you do much defol on autos it can reduce final weight, so I've only topped and done lst and the plants are big busy messes lol.
Yeah I really like photos. Why are you stuck to autos? Ahh really? I couldn't imagine not doing some defoliation, I know how bushy they can get, so I can imagine how yours look hahaha. They can really bush out so quick. I really love lst, it's amazing how you can bend those girls into bushes. I'm undecided on what I think of topping though atmo. I did it again this time after not doing it on my last girls and I'm thinking did I really need to do it. I think I preferred not topping.

Very healthy looking plants, bro! Love the pics.

Thanks very much vex, very happy with how they're looking now. Going to crack on with some more lst and defoliation tonight and open them up some more. :)
Great work Terp! Girls look so much happier in there bigger pots!! Getting good!!
Hey Pino, thanks very much pal. They're looking much happier now. Defintley :).

Great looking girls ya got going in here TK! I just started some Holy Grail Kush myself and from the way you've been describing here it is one hell of a smoke!

Keep up the awesome work:thumb:

Hey colorado kid, welcome to my journal. Thanks very much pal, very happy with how they're looking. Oh good man, you won't regret it! How many seeds did you pop and how old are they? Man it's awesome, I'm telling you I've been stoned off my face for months lol. am loving this stuff. Hoping to bag a couple of good phenos out of these 10.
You got them ladies looking top shelf Bro. .
Yo puffer, thanks very much brother :)!

Hey colorado kid, welcome to my journal. Thanks very much pal, very happy with how they're looking. Oh good man, you won't regret it! How many seeds did you pop and how old are they? Man it's awesome, I'm telling you I've been stoned off my face for months lol. am loving this stuff. Hoping to bag a couple of good phenos out of these 10.

So I popped 6 seeds and 5 are above ground. just on day 3 tonight so theyre still some younglings. Hopefully I can be stoned off my face for months once these girls grow up lol

So I popped 6 seeds and 5 are above ground. just on day 3 tonight so theyre still some younglings. Hopefully I can be stoned off my face for months once these girls grow up lol
Awesome, exciting times. I love them when their little babies. Hopefully the last one isn't to get behind. Day 3 will soon be day 30, it bloody flys by. Haha, I'm confident you will be stoned off your face once they're done pal. I really love this strain.

Yeah I really like photos. Why are you stuck to autos? Ahh really? I couldn't imagine not doing some defoliation, I know how bushy they can get, so I can imagine how yours look hahaha. They can really bush out so quick. I really love lst, it's amazing how you can bend those girls into bushes. I'm undecided on what I think of topping though atmo. I did it again this time after not doing it on my last girls and I'm thinking did I really need to do it. I think I preferred not topping.
I really just wanted to see how all my equipment would run with some quick autos at first. Do you think daily multiple feedings are beneficial in the veg state or mostly during flower?

I really just wanted to see how all my equipment would run with some quick autos at first. Do you think daily multiple feedings are beneficial in the veg state or mostly during flower?
Ahh fair play, I get you. Yeah I think delivering 3x smaller feeds a day instead of 1x big feed is superior because it delivers fresh o2 to the roots at every feed and doesn't leave the medium as saturated. We're then treating coco much more like hydro which in return will give us explosive growth results. I defintley think it's beneficial in veg and flower. You just need to start on smaller feeds though veg and slowly build your way up to much bigger feeds in flower, this allow the roots to spread out through the whole pot. I wish I'd have got round to getting mine set up a week or two earlier, it really does seem to make plants grow faster.

I'm in for the rest of the grow.. plants are looking good. What would you say has less stress on a plant, trimming or fimming that's besides doing lst and if I was to trim it where would I want to cut, im just asking because you seem to have done a good job of your own. Probably making a big deal out of it but I just get too paranoid when it comes to it incase I do it wrong, still a novice. Anyway good luck ✌️

I'm in for the rest of the grow.. plants are looking good. What would you say has less stress on a plant, trimming or fimming that's besides doing lst and if I was to trim it where would I want to cut, im just asking because you seem to have done a good job of your own. Probably making a big deal out of it but I just get too paranoid when it comes to it incase I do it wrong, still a novice. Anyway good luck ✌️

Hey TommyGunnz and welcome glad to have you here. Thanks pal, I'm rather happy with how they're looking too.

I haven't tried fimming yet so I can't comment to much on that, although I would assume fimming causes less stress than topping. I topped again this time so I could compare to last time. I'm pretty sure I prefer not topping. If you start lst early enough the stems will be easy to bend and you can slowly adjust them to where you want them. I think not topping gives faster growth as I've noticed a slow down in growth compared to last time with out topping. I also don't think there is a need to top if you bend your plants enough as all side shoots will grow towards the light once they're exposed to it. At Scooby says, them stems can get thick and hard to bend pretty quickly so the earlier you start the better.

As for defoliation I started off a little less aggressive until I had a bit more experience with it. When lights come on later I'll put some photos up of the lst and defoliation I carried out last night so you can have a look at the finished result. With defoliation I would suggest starting slower and don't take to much until you have more of a feel for it. You could potentially stunt growth if you took to much. What I'm looking for when removing fan leaves is anything that will be blocking either side shoots or bud sites, depending on when it's being done.

Last night I removed a lot of the fan leaves covering the middle area of the plants. I did this as I want all the side shoots to grow up and fill in the middle area, while the branches I've been training down with lst will fill the outer edges of the pot. I also tuck, bend and secure some leaves out of the way where I can . But like you first time round, I found it quite daunting as you think you will be damaging your babies. These plants are bloody resilient though and they can take a beating so don't sweat it to much you got to start somewhere.

Thanks pal, good luck with yours as well.

Looking better now terp
As for training I much prefer supercropping unless doing a scrog cuz recently I found if I don't top, the main shoot gets very thick it's hard to bend over
Thanks Scooby :) . Yeah I like super cropping as well, great way to bend over some branches which have got to thick and don't like to bend. I think I prefer not topping though, the plants grow much quicker and if you keep that top shoot down the side shoots go insane. Plus those two new shoots are bloody delicate and can break easily if your not bloody careful. With scrog I really love the lst, you can bush your plants out like crazy if you start early enough. You just got to have some patience with it.

Thanks very much, very happy with how they're looking now. Be cracking on with some more lst and some defoliation tonight to open them up and widen them a bit more. Very nice addition, I think that's a great idea. If you can keep it cool enough I think the extra light in the middle of our size tents makes a difference, improves they overlap of light spread. Yeah I'm very confident you should get a bigger yield now you got more light. Confident my light in the middle defintley bumps up my yields. Think I'm already going to get a better yield this time. Not needing the fans and radiators on the floor freed up a lot of space. Hoping I can fill the whole tent left to get other haha. Were you pulling over a kg with those two 600w lights before? What strains was you doing pal?

It was liberty haze 4 plants in that tent yielded just over 24oz dry

Back
Top Bottom