Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

I'm starting to see why you say this.
In my garden, I was doing about 6gal/fertigation every 2 days. The new lights have jumped that up to 10gal. Uptake alone... temps are down. Incredible.

Unfortunately, an uncooperative tenant has delayed things for a few more weeks, but I had hoped to start construction this weekend. Meh!

I did some math. The boards are capable of 755w. The drivers will push 600w. Tead likes that safety buffer... one of the bonuses of the light configuration I noticed before purchase.

Well... I got my 600w sets for 400ea. Not such a bad deal when I take into account the increased production and the decreased AC use.

Yup... Ms. Kitty from a company called "Mei Jiu" thru Alibaba. Google "FoGro"... I got the FoTop Plus 800 H-2 units in 3000k.
Oh okay I thought I was seeing them for like 900 a piece.

*starts saving his pennies* lol

Oh okay I thought I was seeing them for like 900 a piece.

*starts saving his pennies* lol

You can pay alot more. I went direct to China via Alibaba. When I looked locally (US), I generally saw 300w kits selling for more than what I paid for the 600w kit going direct to China. All the equipment and boards were the same parts... just cheaper. Shipping took much longer and passing money can be difficult (used plastic after warning the plastic company), but worth the savings in my book. The price has really come down and finally made the deal attractive enough for me to pull the trigger. Plus, the heat savings are just so huge in my little swampy corner of the globe.

You can pay alot more. I went direct to China via Alibaba. When I looked locally (US), I generally saw 300w kits selling for more than what I paid for the 600w kit going direct to China. All the equipment and boards were the same parts... just cheaper. Shipping took much longer and passing money can be difficult (used plastic after warning the plastic company), but worth the savings in my book. The price has really come down and finally made the deal attractive enough for me to pull the trigger. Plus, the heat savings are just so huge in my little swampy corner of the globe.
I wonder if they take cryptocurrency anymore? I think China just banned that so I dunno. Never thought about doing that before though, I always heard Alibaba was really bad for counterfeits.

I just need an LED for my 4x4 and it's kinda hard to like, even know what's good enough for that, what are good boards, there's just SO much hype and different reviews about LEDs. That's why I tried to cut through some of that with CMH since there was basically just a handful of people making CMH bulbs, but it's not really lighting my 4x4 as well as I need still. I think I need one of those 600W'ers.

I'm starting to see why you say this.
In my garden, I was doing about 6gal/fertigation every 2 days. The new lights have jumped that up to 10gal. Uptake alone... temps are down. Incredible.

Unfortunately, an uncooperative tenant has delayed things for a few more weeks, but I had hoped to start construction this weekend. Meh!

I did some math. The boards are capable of 755w. The drivers will push 600w. Tead likes that safety buffer... one of the bonuses of the light configuration I noticed before purchase.

Well... I got my 600w sets for 400ea. Not such a bad deal when I take into account the increased production and the decreased AC use.

Yup... Ms. Kitty from a company called "Mei Jiu" thru Alibaba. Google "FoGro"... I got the FoTop Plus 800 H-2 units in 3000k.

Awesome bro thanx. I think i mite get one of there small setups for my bday present to myself :rofl: But yea those lights are the tits man congrats again i bet ur guna love em.

Right u had some insane temps going at times lol. But even still u rocked tht hempy garden of yours. U def. Have masterd the art of growing lazy man dank haha. Shit i wish i could grow like urs in temps like tht. When it gets hot over here the humidity skyrockets up to the 80s an 90s at times. Then i always take the chance of molding buds which has happened a few times n not something i wana repeat if i can help it.

there's just SO much hype and different reviews about LEDs

So much.... and in the end, it's all just sales tactics noise. In my mind, the heat benefits made me go with the QBs.

Right u had some insane temps going at times lol. But even still u rocked tht hempy garden of yours. U def. Have masterd the art of growing lazy man dank haha. Shit i wish i could grow like urs in temps like tht. When it gets hot over here the humidity skyrockets up to the 80s an 90s at times. Then i always take the chance of molding buds which has happened a few times n not something i wana repeat if i can help it.

Lots of AC and lots of fans man.... lots of fans.

It's really cool to see you with the new QBs, Tead. :thumb:

And you're noticing improvement already? That's pretty dramatic. :high-five:

A little piece of advice - spread them out - you'll get a better skyprint. Snug 'em closer to the walls and you'll get nice side penetration. The middle gets too much light in every lumen grid I've seen. It's the walls that are always weak.

It's really cool to see you with the new QBs, Tead. :thumb:

And you're noticing improvement already? That's pretty dramatic. :high-five:

A little piece of advice - spread them out - you'll get a better skyprint. Snug 'em closer to the walls and you'll get nice side penetration. The middle gets too much light in every lumen grid I've seen. It's the walls that are always weak.

I've seen the enormous changes in uptake. Unfortunately, judging bud growth will require more than 1 week... tho I feel it may be becoming apparent already as well.
Been watching the light spread too. I was pondering spreading the panels out more in my bloom room, but just angled one of the panels a bit to hit the darker area of the garden. I kinda like that aspect... rather than moving the panels, you can just angle them a touch to hit a dark spot. I'm considering tilting them all at about 2-3 degrees out to the walls. If I had more money falling out of my 3rd point of contact, I'd consider mounting a few sideways down lowish on the walls doing lower side lighting.
Somewhere in my future will be a test between HPS and the QBs... that wil be very interesting. Can a 600w QB actually out perform a 1000w HPS?

I went and google'd those quantum boards... Good grief, how do you guys afford these things! I might be able to get one, if I sold my car. haha

I gotta find a good LED that's more in the 200 dollar range, but it doesn't seem like they exist. Heat problems are no joke, I'm pretty much restricted to growing in winter now.

I hear ya! I grow with cheap Chinese lights off Amazon, and I just run a hot tent. It’s not ideal, but it works well enough. More options come out every day for the Quantom boards/logic boards. Competition plus new tech plus time equals cheaper prices on older tech. I’m okay not having the newest and greatest. :)

So much.... and in the end, it's all just sales tactics noise. In my mind, the heat benefits made me go with the QBs.

Lots of AC and lots of fans man.... lots of fans.

Oh yeah im bout to go get my self 2 little oscillating fans. One tht i can put right in there under the canopy blowing slightly up. And another over the top of the canopy to help keep the air flow up and plus the branches then will get alil workout as well. I jus gotta bring the rh% down.

I hear ya! I grow with cheap Chinese lights off Amazon, and I just run a hot tent. It’s not ideal, but it works well enough. More options come out every day for the Quantom boards/logic boards. Competition plus new tech plus time equals cheaper prices on older tech. I’m okay not having the newest and greatest. :)
Yeah my biggest hurdle is heat. In the summer it's nearly impossible to keep my temps outside the tent under 80, and so inside of it, a light bups it up into the 90s even at 300 watts draw. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place becausemy electricity is too limited to run air conditioning strong enough to help, just essentially anot her 500 watts just to keep it under 100.

My only solution left is to find cooler lighting. I hear so much back and forth between whether LEDs are cooler or hotter. I'm guessing it depends on what technology they're using?

My only solution left is to find cooler lighting. I hear so much back and forth between whether LEDs are cooler or hotter. I'm guessing it depends on what technology they're using?

I answered these exact issues with the QBs. The large heat sinks with the light boards on them get warm, but not nearly as warm as the case on a 350w burple style LED. I mount the power bricks outside the grow area and it's just wonderful. I stay right in prime growing temps 24/7 now. So happy.

I’m tempted to open up my Chinese light and see if I can move the drivers outside the unit. Also wonder if I can get better filling of the heat sinks by either having them exposed to the fans in the tent, or upgrade to better case fans.

But electricity is bitey. Lol

I ended up mounting my LED fixtures outside the tent like this....

Bloom room... note LED fixture sitting outside on top (ignore the HPS). There's a square opening just smaller than the fixture and the light shines down from outside.

Same idea here in the veg tent.

I ended up mounting my LED fixtures outside the tent like this....

Bloom room... note LED fixture sitting outside on top (ignore the HPS). There's a square opening just smaller than the fixture and the light shines down from outside.

Same idea here in the veg tent.

Me likey man lol. This gives me some ideas to work with with my veg/auto area.

Back
Top Bottom