Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

If you forced Tead to put a number around the clone/seed issue, I'd probably give the seed plants maybe 10% better than clones.
I need to point out here.... I'm in an odd world. I can't even get seeds to pop in the summer months because there's just no place in my world that stays cool enough. Plus, not this year so far, but most of the years I can actually clone uncovered because our humidity (normally) stays so damn high.
My veg room stays in the low to mid 80s and seeds have been popping for me. I know you mentioned your flower room stays at 82. You could pop them in there, then move them to veg after they get their feet. It's not like they're going to start flowering when they're a week old.

My veg room stays in the low to mid 80s and seeds have been popping for me. I know you mentioned your flower room stays at 82. You could pop them in there, then move them to veg after they get their feet. It's not like they're going to start flowering when they're a week old.

Which technique do you use? I've been itchin to try a few places.
I've been 'planting' seeds into my perlite clone containers. Previously, I tried germing in water and paper towel to no avail.
Itchin......

Warning.... not for the squeamish.....

I took a bug tour today with the usb camera.
I took 2 larger fan leaves from the 2 heaviest infested plants.

Blue dream.... really heavily infested... the source of the webbing shots mostly.

This is a very ripe egg just waiting to pop next to the main vein. I saw very few.

Here are 2 infants beside an egg. The infants were not moving and appeared dead. The last actual spray was Saturday, so I assume these died after consuming.

This is just a closeup on what appeared to be a dead one. I saw no movement from any and poked a few with a needle.

This is a CRUD (Crit+2.0 & UltraDog)

I'm not positive that's a wierd angle on a dead one... but I think so.

A previously live baby fading to clear as it's body decays with older dead bug material lying about.

A dead baby and a very ripe egg starting to poke out. They don't crack the shell of the egg... rather the mass kind of transforms as a whole into an infant with the egg kind of morphing into the main body.

Dead bug litter. Reminds me of salt.

Here's a little one transforming.

I dunno.... either a dead much older one, or some sort of dirt.

Anyway.... that's my spider mite tour of the day. I marked a leaf with some dead young ones on it and I'll keep peeking at it as the day wears into night just to make sure nothing moved. Tomorrow will be another spray day.

Which technique do you use? I've been itchin to try a few places.
I've been 'planting' seeds into my perlite clone containers. Previously, I tried germing in water and paper towel to no avail.
Itchin......
I've been soaking them in a cup of water until I see the seed crack. That'll be 1-3 days. Then I plant them in soil and bag the container. Same concept as Toast's cloning technique I got from Sue.

It keeps the humidity consistent. My veg room stays around 78-84 and since I've been bagging them, I've had 100% germination rates. The only one that didn't come up, hadn't cracked after 3 days. I still planted it to see if it might do something. I'm chalking that one up as a dud.

I tried the towel method and also putting straight into soil, and neither has gotten me consistent results.

I do grow mainly sativas, which like a warmer environment, but I've got a few pure indica that germed just fine for me.

Temps... Are key to seeds. In the summertime,, I use my PC tower as a heat source. I do the towel method. Plate and plastic wrap. But I also have my secret weapon,,, a digital thermometer. Keep temps at about 80-85 degrees. As a rule I get damn near 100%. And use 80-degree water in the medium to help reduce shock.

Looks like you but got them bugs just about under control...

GL I'll be looking for your new site.

Temps... Are key to seeds. In the summertime,, I use my PC tower as a heat source. I do the towel method. Plate and plastic wrap. But I also have my secret weapon,,, a digital thermometer. Keep temps at about 80-85 degrees. As a rule I get damn near 100%. And use 80-degree water in the medium to help reduce shock.

Looks like you but got them bugs just about under control...

GL I'll be looking for your new site.

Thanks for the help Wood. Azamax came at the start of last week right as I was running out of the neem. I'm not so sure I see much difference between the two, but they're both neem treatments, so I'm not surprised.
Damn little things. Such a long treatment cycle. I need to keep up some protective treatments much better. I'm paying a tough price.

Good to hear from someone tracking germ temps closely. Thanks. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....

Yea they both are made from neem,, but I think they refined the azamax alittle more. It seems alittle thinner? I also have a bottle of straight neem. I like to use it as the last spray before I start to flower. You do need to b careful,,, bugs will get immune to it after awhile. Making super mites. I switch up every now and then with safers soap. I use the safers outside when I can,, I like to soap the plant,, wait 20 minutes and rise with straight water. Mites suck. All it takes is acouple to get in the flower room,, and with perpetual grows, they jump from one to the next and bam,, webs...... GL.

TSB.... really... we don't spend enough time together smoking and spewing random words and laugher?
You really MUST be a COMPLETE glutton for punishment. Honestly... don't you get just entirely too much Tead in your life anyway?

Meh.... we like gluttons around here and are happy to pass out punishment! Welcome along.

Hey Tead!

I hope you aren't sitting at your keyboard going all Cybil now huh? :laugh:
Third person speech I get ... but fourth person? Well ...
Hope your day is awesome brah.

Peace
Keith

TSB,,, WTF Tead,,, you bring back-up? JK....

I'd imagine you should have them bugs under control by now? GL

Hey Tead!

I hope you aren't sitting at your keyboard going all Cybil now huh? :laugh:
Third person speech I get ... but fourth person? Well ...
Hope your day is awesome brah.

Peace
Keith

Hmmm.... hadn't pondered the idea. Is TSB a figment of my imagination.
Many bowls can make things a touch fuzzy and creative ehh?
Naw.... I think he's just here to call "Bullshit!" when the word roll into the aforementioned 'creative' category.

TSB,,, WTF Tead,,, you bring back-up? JK....

I'd imagine you should have them bugs under control by now? GL

Anyone fighting the borg would be making a poor strategic move to shun any help in those battles!
I think so... I haven't even had time to check today. They got a spray 2 days ago.
My day may be winding down some....

OK.... hang on.....

Veg tent removed. V2 in place....

The 2 Mars Hydro UFOs are sitting on top and outside of the room, thus venting heat outside the room.
The door just jambs into the open frame.
The vent tube is 6" PVC connected thru into the bloom room then fed with flexible hose from the AC.

Much of this is TSB's handy work. I dream... he implements. I teach him KISS lessons along the way.

Here's a shot of the new way I've mounted the big LED in the bloom room.

Here's the bloom room with the changes I've.... errrr we've implemented.
Godammit... now that he's here I've got to give him some credit when I speak of things he's had his fingers in. Makin my life complicated!

Back
Top Bottom