Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Daily Update: Day 72 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 71 (Buddha Magna Auto)

Good afternoon all. The girls are looking their stunning best again.

image19497.jpg

I cut the lights back another 1/2 hour this morning, and on from this point on I will begin cutting back 1/2 hour every other day until we reach 12/12. That's how I'll finish out the grow. Danishoes21 has me researching photoperiods and I believe it will be beneficial to follow the advice of the Buddha Seeds breeders and get it down that far. I had begun to do so earlier but had paused at 14 hours when the girls stopped showing light stress. Let's see what happens when we get down to 12/12.

The Bomb continues to amaze. The bud swell has apparently accelerated and the secondary colas are steadily maturing.

image19498.jpg

This particular cola has reached the point where there is no gap between the flowering nodes anymore. I roughly measured and it's at a solid 12" long and no signs if stopping yet. Just steadily filling in.

image19499.jpg

The main colas buds look like they're going to be incredibly dense. Nothing fluffy here.

image19500.jpg

Buddha has the most amazing trichomes. This picture may be my favorite for the day.

image19501.jpg

Her secondary colas are incredibly thick and dense.

image19502.jpg
-

It's been two weeks now of regular drenches of enzyme tea with malted barley grain and watering a with Aloe and coconut water. I am seeing very significant growth going on. Both Buddha and the Bomb are showing a surprising growth spurt in bud size, pistil growth and trichome production. I'd read of the potential for this explosion of growth, but I was unprepared for how dramatically it would come about.

image19503.jpg
-

image19504.jpg

This singular bud on Buddha was the only one on the plant with any pistils changing. It's still so subtle that it can't yet be captured by the camera. This means we may have weeks of drenches ahead. :slide:

image19505.jpg

Buddha's main cola is as densely packed as the Bomb's but twice as thick.

image19506.jpg

One last look before we go.

image19507.jpg

That's all until tomorrow. It's bitterly cold here. Thankfully, I have a ride home today with Dale's brother so. I won't have to venture out again. Have a wonderful end to your weekend. Until tomorrow.

:Namaste:

adding to the olive oil idea...you'll have enough bud to make some cannaoil. I bet you could develop a scalp additive that could help you out. Doesn't hurt to try!
That's a brilliant idea CC. I never considered it.

How you doing today? Plants look great.

We're doing fine Dutty. I was just getting ready to update that. Because the hospital doesn't allow me to access 420 on their wifi I used the tiny screen on the phone to do my update. If you've ever tried that you know how frustrating and time consuming it can be. That took over an hour to make what I was after happen. :laughtwo:

There is still infection in the leg - a staph strain as yet undetermined and another undetermined strain of something else. They've discontinued one of the antibiotics. The remaining infections are in small enough numbers that the team is confident they will be able to eliminate them today or tomorrow.

We've been laughing all day, visiting with staff we hadn't seen since he was in for 10 days before open heart. These nurses and support staff are like family now. It's such a relief to know they will care for him like he was family. We have total confidence in this hospital's staff.

The second stage is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday. Dale was actually considering today steps he can take during rehab to gain upper body strength and strengthen the right leg so it can support his weight better. He's never before had such a positive response to a health challenge. I take it as a good sign.

My wife was gonna make an account but it's pointless she can just use mine this is from her.
I'm glad to hear that you guys are in good hands hospitals can be frightening. I encouraged my husband to leave his job 3 years ago cause of being able to truly help people. This isn't just his job but passion. And after losing his folks to cancer he took action. If there's anything else we can do let us know. A private email is fine we are both more than willing to help and even though we don't know you personally. From reading your posts your very much like us and we love to see other caring, and compassionate individuals

Glad to hear the hospital you guys are at is such caring people giving you both a wonderful experience as
hospitals can be scary places :circle-of-love:

My wife was gonna make an account but it's pointless she can just use mine this is from her.
I'm glad to hear that you guys are in good hands hospitals can be frightening. I encouraged my husband to leave his job 3 years ago cause of being able to truly help people. This isn't just his job but passion. And after losing his folks to cancer he took action. If there's anything else we can do let us know. A private email is fine we are both more than willing to help and even though we don't know you personally. From reading your posts your very much like us and we love to see other caring, and compassionate individuals

We feel so humbled by this outpouring. This is karma in action. Your lives are blessed by the simple caring. Thank you.

Also add a little lavender and lemon essential oil to it (they are good for the skin and smell better than olive oil and weed:)) and let it sit on your scalp.

Great idea. I actually always keep lavender oil around. My mother carried lavender in her pocket, fresh picked from our garden, so when I need to call her presence I dab a couple drops on my shirt. I also do that sometimes to kill the cannabis smell when I go out.:laughtwo:

Glad to hear the hospital you guys are at is such caring people giving you both a wonderful experience as
hospitals can be scary places :circle-of-love:

When I exited the elevator this morning I found myself wondering who would be his nurse today? It was lovely, gentle Eleanor, who had cared for him before, and I greeted her warmly by name. I have an affinity with names and people respond glowingly to that talent. We are easy patients to deal with. I spend all day with him, tending to his needs, and we laugh a lot. Nurses have been known to hide out in our room. It's difficult, if not impossible, to squelch my loving nature, and in such a stressful environment we are a safe spot in the madness.

Back when this all began (almost 18 years now) it wasn't like that. I was scared senseless and was a pain to deal with. I quickly learned that being difficult wasn't beneficial and wasn't me. Now I only get crazy when I know something is being done wrong and they all know to get out of my way and work hard to make it right.

Knowing this is going to be longer than a month sleeping alone is the hardest part, but he'll work to speed that process up.

By the time he gets home we will have some tasty meds to share. I may try my hand at some edibles before then. No one needs to know what's in those brownie bites but us. :laughtwo:

By the time he gets home we will have some tasty meds to share. I may try my hand at some edibles before then. No one needs to know what's in those brownie bites but us. :laughtwo:

:laughtwo: :thumb: :;):

They amputated. He and our daughter were laughing yesterday that he could now be an actual peg-legged pirate for Halloween. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Greytail, you'd mentioned before that in highly mineralized soil the trichomes might not turn amber. I've noticed that this might be happening with the Bomb. They're all cloudy now but I couldn't find any amber when I looked last night. How would you determine harvest time in such a case?

I may go home tonight and find dramatic change. Yesterday morning Buddha had very few pistils changing, but last night I found the plant riddled with rust colored hairs.

Back
Top Bottom