Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Sweetsue, my wife had hip replacement surgery 6 weeks ago and she's walking without a limp and climbing stairs without pain now. :Namaste:

They sawed off the top of her leg and hammered some steel in there and she's SO much happier. :laughtwo:

My initial panic yesterday was caused by being caught off guard. Things were apparently going well under almost constant monitoring. It's surprising how quickly things can go wrong. By last night we had him laughing. Today will be another list of challenges to overcome. One of the infections we must conquer (yes, there were more than one at play here) is a deadly staph strain and we won't know if it entered his bloodstream until labs are complete. We have a long way to go yet to get beyond this crisis, but we have each other and our shared fortitude and optimism to carry us. I'm overwhelmingly empathetic, so I feel his pain and frustration as if it were my own. We've always laughed and explained it as "they don't cry so I do it for them". It's a weird family dynamic, but it's always worked for us.

One of the wonderful things about this community is that the overwhelming majority of us grow for medicinal purposes, which implies that most of us are all too familiar with the frustrations of dealing with the medical community on an almost daily basis. We have a wealth of creative minds on these threads who can offer a wide variety of survival mechanisms, so there's a greater chance of coming across something that may help in your current crisis. This is an invaluable resource. Our tendency to be accepting of others allows a free flow of brainstorming that I have often found inspirational.

Another major benefit of the site is that we almost all smoke or ingest cannabis, which tends to make us less frantic in the end. I believe we tend to recognize the benefits of humor in the face of adversity and may be more prone to seek out those creative solutions more quickly. There is this tendency to acknowledge the magnitude of the challenge and the accompanying frustrations and then quickly move on to finding some way to remember that every challenge carries with it the solution if you just mellow out and let it come to you.

I am proud to be part of this community. I hope I can live up to the standards I see here. Regardless of how my family's personal crisis pans out, I am a cannabis grower for life and have every intention of maintaining my connection with this community and continuing to journal and do my best to assist other growers reach their own success.

When Dale is in hospital I usually arrive before he has breakfast and leave after dinner, so my posting schedule will probably shift to late evening, before lights out, but I plan to continue my commitment to daily posting of this grow. I was attempting to establish a thorough documentation on a daily basis of autos grown in LOS no-till style that future growers could pull from as they begin their own. That commitment is still strong in me. I have a feeling it will become a grounding influence for me in the days ahead. I will still be here, come what may.

I am so grateful to have found this community at just the right time in our lives.

:Namaste:

My initial panic yesterday was caused by being caught off guard. Things were apparently going well under almost constant monitoring. It's surprising how quickly things can go wrong. By last night we had him laughing. Today will be another list of challenges to overcome. One of the infections we must conquer (yes, there were more than one at play here) is a deadly staph strain and we won't know if it entered his bloodstream until labs are complete. We have a long way to go yet to get beyond this crisis, but we have each other and our shared fortitude and optimism to carry us. I'm overwhelmingly empathetic, so I feel his pain and frustration as if it were my own. We've always laughed and explained it as "they don't cry so I do it for them". It's a weird family dynamic, but it's always worked for us.

One of the wonderful things about this community is that the overwhelming majority of us grow for medicinal purposes, which implies that most of us are all too familiar with the frustrations of dealing with the medical community on an almost daily basis. We have a wealth of creative minds on these threads who can offer a wide variety of survival mechanisms, so there's a greater chance of coming across something that may help in your current crisis. This is an invaluable resource. Our tendency to be accepting of others allows a free flow of brainstorming that I have often found inspirational.

Another major benefit of the site is that we almost all smoke or ingest cannabis, which tends to make us less frantic in the end. I believe we tend to recognize the benefits of humor in the face of adversity and may be more prone to seek out those creative solutions more quickly. There is this tendency to acknowledge the magnitude of the challenge and the accompanying frustrations and then quickly move on to finding some way to remember that every challenge carries with it the solution if you just mellow out and let it come to you.

I am proud to be part of this community. I hope I can live up to the standards I see here. Regardless of how my family's personal crisis pans out, I am a cannabis grower for life and have every intention of maintaining my connection with this community and continuing to journal and do my best to assist other growers reach their own success.

When Dale is in hospital I usually arrive before he has breakfast and leave after dinner, so my posting schedule will probably shift to late evening, before lights out, but I plan to continue my commitment to daily posting of this grow. I was attempting to establish a thorough documentation on a daily basis of autos grown in LOS no-till style that future growers could pull from as they begin their own. That commitment is still strong in me. I have a feeling it will become a grounding influence for me in the days ahead. I will still be here, come what may.

I am so grateful to have found this community at just the right time in our lives.

Get Dale into some sunlight! He needs to work on his tan, PRONTO! The vitamin D---which is so much better from the sun than any pill---is absolutely necessary for him to fight the infection. Sunshine....do whatever it takes.

They'll have the infection eliminated by mid week, before they do stage two of the amputation, but I agree Doc. He hasn't been able to get into the sun enough. I've resolved to begin coffee on the balcony in the morning sun from the time he gets home. Even in winter we can bundle and imagine we're camping. We can sit out there and plan our spring garden.

Dale laughed when I read that to him Doc. We're expecting 3-5" today and there's no sunshine to stand in. Yeah Radogast. I heard you. :laughtwo:

He's in good spirits this morning, laughing and joking. I'm tickled pink that my valentine is still alive.:love:

Really hopeful news just now. The Infectious Disease doctor was just in (he's monitoring the antibiotics) and said that, as of now, there's nothing growing in the cultures. It appears they may have gotten all of the infection with the amputation. If nothing grows in those blood cultures by Monday they'll be able to stop antibiotics. There's that guardian angel at work again.

They'll have the infection eliminated by mid week, before they do stage two of the amputation, but I agree Doc. He hasn't been able to get into the sun enough. I've resolved to begin coffee on the balcony in the morning sun from the time he gets home. Even in winter we can bundle and imagine we're camping. We can sit out there and plan our spring garden.

Dale laughed when I read that to him Doc. We're expecting 3-5" today and there's no sunshine to stand in. Yeah Radogast. I heard you. :laughtwo:

He's in good spirits this morning, laughing and joking. I'm tickled pink that my valentine is still alive.:love:

Hey! I wasn't even thinking it :)
Sure I had an epic journey out to the woodpile this morning.
Trudging through waist deep snow with my shovel and axe on a sled,
I dug down for a place to stand,
I dug down for the chopping block,
I dug down for the woodpile.
My mighty axe clove through the air and split log after log.
I removed my ski mask, and my hoody to release the heat radiating from my massive shoulders.
Filling the sled with wood, I trudged the hundred yards through waist deep snow with sled in tow.
Why? Because tomorrow is another snowfall with wind gusts over 50 mph and a possibility of power failure.
I needed to lay down a supply of wood to burn for heat.
I was the heroic provider of fire to my family village!
:rofl::rofl:

But, honestly, I wasn't even thinking whatever you thought I thunk :)

SweetSue,
I am so pleased you get to spend another Valentine's day with your hubby.
I am so proud of you that you can infuse it with joy.

My Valentine says I get a pass on hearts, dinner and candy today.
It was apparently enough that I volunteered to shop for emergency groceries and allow her to stay at home :)
It's 6 degrees outside, she's just grateful that I will fetch the mail today :)

I would prefer to die wearing my favorite stone rings because the magic I have invested in these little rocks protects me against everything in the world![/QUOTE]

and outside it too

(sry, tried to quote radogast,, great post btw rad)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Rad you had us rolling on the floor. Well, I was on the floor. Dale is in the chair. We've actually been laughing all day. Something about cheating death at the door makes you appreciate the joy of another day.

We're going to get slammed with cold temps here. When I take off for the bus in half an hour it will be 18 degrees and feel like 5. Ouch!

You take care Rad. You too Reg, because I'm sure NY will get the pleasure of whiteouts too.

I can't believe how wrong it feels to not have my update posted yet. :laughtwo:

Daily Update: Day 71 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 70 (Buddha Magnum Auto)

Finally home with the girls. Both plants look more open to me, if that makes any sense. For the first time I could easily see under the bottom to the soil line. Interesting. There are some necrotic leaves on the Bomb, but they're tiny ones deep underneath and they just shriveled. No fading of color. It was just two teeny leaves. Again, interesting.

image19448.jpg

Let's start this visit with a look at the shared space. The Bomb is on the left, Buddha on the right (of course).

image19462.jpg

The Bomb is coming along, but obviously not yet ready for harvest.

image19449.jpg

Her secondary colas are continuing to beef up as the pistils begin to pull back.

image19452.jpg

This photo was just so beautiful I wanted to share it. The ranges of line, texture and color in each view of these plants often takes my breath away. I've always been a linear artist, drawn to the many variations of line, and green is my favorite color, which may explain my fascination with cannabis. They are extraordinarily linear plants with an amazing palate of greens.

image19453.jpg

Still many white pistils. More time for enzyme drenches and trichome development. Yeah!!!

image19455.jpg

The top of the main cola is almost entirely encrusted with healthy, sturdy, sugary-looking trichomes.

image19454.jpg

I read a review of the Bomb on some site recently that said the smoke and flavor were unremarkable. I know that person didn't grow theirs in the same quality soil we LOS and HB growers pamper our charges with. I can't imagine anything about this girl being unremarkable. :laughtwo:

This morning before I left for the hospital I gave them their 1/4 turn and mixed up a half gallon of water with 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice and 1/2 cup of coconut water. I split it between the two as a drench, then took fifteen minutes to gather things for the hospital journey while that settled before topping off the reservoirs. They each took a quart for the reservoirs. Such consistency makes my life easier.

When I came home I was surprised to find that they had both sprouted new white pistils, or at least some of the pistils they had were longer than I remembered. The Bomb's top showed the most surprising change. Is this normal?

image19456.jpg

Buddha looks like her pistils are exploding, doesn't she?

image19460.jpg

Here's her daily portrait, looking all jazzed and happy. They really appreciate these enzymes I've been drenching them with.

image19450.jpg

I think she has my favorite shape. Although the Bomb is a stunning beauty, the soft curves of Buddha draw me to her. She gives off an energy of love and bounty that's hard to resist.

image19459.jpg

I'm partial to these pictures where Buddha is hit with this lovely backlighting.

image19458.jpg

I finish with my favorite photo of the day. May it bring you the same joy it brought me.

image19461.jpg

It's good to be home for the evening. We're dropping to -6 degrees tonight. I left Dale earlier than normal knowing the weather was going to be bad coming home and not wanting to have to stand for long stretches waiting for my transfer bus. Snow was falling and wind gusts made it feel substantially colder. The universe smiled on me. I left the hospital and crossed the street right onto a bus, rode it to my connecting point, walked a block to the next stop and right onto my bus home that drops me off 1/2 block from home. A good trip. No standing in the cold at all. That almost never happens. Tomorrow morning, as I wait for the bus to return to spend the day with my love, it will be -2 degrees with howling winds.

Now for some dinner and an early bed. I want to catch up on other journals, but my eyes are so tired from the poor lighting in the hospital and having to read 420 posts on the iPhone because the hospital has draconian rules about their wifi that make 420 off limits and my iPad is only wifi. I'm seeing double now. I take that commitment to the subbed journals seriously. I'll try to just give myself the privilege of some time to catch up while we deal with the amputation. No reason to push myself. I did take time to wish paddy a happy birthday, so if you haven't and are inclined, drop him a line. It's always nice to get the well wishes.

Before I go, Mr. Teddy, thank you for sharing your delightful humor with us. Your journals are like a bounty of warmth. I can feel the Greek sun while I read. Someday, should a miracle occur and it became financially possible, I'd so love to visit Greece. The light in that country is some of the most beautiful on the planet. You and the missus are so blessed to live there.

It's been a pleasure guys. I'm exhausted. Tomorrow. :green_heart:

This picture reminds me of Paolo Uccello's paintings of the Battle of San Romano

The Battle of San Romano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This photo was just so beautiful I want to share it. The ranges of line, texture and color in each view of these plants often takes my breath away. I've always been a linear artist, drawn to the many variations of line, and green is my favorite color, which may explain my fascination with cannabis. They are extraordinarily linear plants with an amazing palate of greens.

image19453.jpg

. :green_heart:

I can see it Rad. :green_heart: Those panels are exquisite. And now I have learned something new about art history and had the opportunity to enjoy beautifully crafted art.

You have an incredible mind. :laughtwo:

:welcome: Cronic. I think I have at least a week or two left with the Bomb and for sure longer with Buddha, whose pistils are just beginning to change. It's good to find you here.

they look great sue well done to you , ... is there some thing on the leaf , wasnt sure if i seen bugs/ eggs 6th picture down , wouldnt matter much now any ways as they are nearly there :) or maybe dust or something lol just spotted something .

It's dandruff paddy. The stress of trying to keep my beloved alive over the past 18 years has left me with persistent scalp psoriasis. No matter how hard I try it ends up on the girls.

Back
Top Bottom