Nice ! Harvest time. Oddly, my least favorite time in the grow. Trimming is a lot of work !

I'm not sure about bud washing, this is new to me unless your talking about water curing the buds. I tried that and it worked pretty well. Water curing takes some of the terps away and is less visually appealing, but it really kicks up potency and smoothness while smoking. Water cured buds are not nearly as harsh to smoke..( almost too smooth, you can easily over do it)

Interested to see what responses you get here, I'm all about learning new things ! Washing buds that is....-

Incredible looking plants man, congratulations ! Cant wait for a smoke report in a few months.
Bud washing is not water curing to bud wash you need 3 five gal buckets filled with room temp water first bucket put in 1/2 cup lemon juice & 1/2 cup baking soda grab a bud & dunk & gently swish around & the rinse off the same way with the 2 other buckets with just water , hang & put a fan on them for a day or so then just hang dry till ready

Water cure is simply leave some bud in water, change the water every day, 3 days or so
The water turns a horrid colour and the bud goes kinda black but it's still fine to smoke once it's dried
Removes all smell but potency remains - it's good if you want to smoke in public cos there's zero smell
@OG Sinse - bud washing is simply a quick rinse in H2O2 or citric/bicarb to remove dust/hairs etc immediately after chop

Normally at harvest, I keep a small portion of colas to water cure. I put them in a mason jar full of RO water and drill holes in the lid to poor off the old water. I drain and refill once daily for a week. Then I hang the buds to dry and the nice thing is, they are ready to smoke as soon as they are dry. (they don't require a long cure)The rest of my buds are air dried and I allow them 3 months to cure before smoking.

I've never seen the buds get black, mine have all stayed green, but they lose a little color and odor after water curing. They also shrink in size compared to my air dried buds and become more dense. Comparing the two, I prefer air dried buds over water cured but they both serve a purpose.

Water Cured- Pros: ready faster, easier to conceal, much smoother to smoke. Potency seems higher but the buds shrink in size, so it might be due to this that they seem more potent. Cons: flavor loss, less bag appeal and as Seinfelds George once said, "do they know about shrinkage"? Yep, water cured buds shrink a bit with the water just like George.

Air Dried- Pros: Better looking, more smell and terpenes, better taste. Cons: harsher to smoke, buds will stink in your pocket, more time to cure before smoking.

When I need to go somewhere without stinking everyone around me with a skunk in my pocket, water cure buds are perfect. Very discreet.

So, I do both which is a win/win !

Normally at harvest, I keep a small portion of colas to water cure. I put them in a mason jar full of RO water and drill holes in the lid to poor off the old water. I drain and refill once daily for a week. Then I hang the buds to dry and the nice thing is, they are ready to smoke as soon as they are dry. (they don't require a long cure)The rest of my buds are air dried and I allow them 3 months to cure before smoking.

I've never seen the buds get black, mine have all stayed green, but they lose a little color and odor after water curing. They also shrink in size compared to my air dried buds and become more dense. Comparing the two, I prefer air dried buds over water cured but they both serve a purpose.

Water Cured- Pros: ready faster, easier to conceal, much smoother to smoke. Potency seems higher but the buds shrink in size, so it might be due to this that they seem more potent. Cons: flavor loss, less bag appeal and as Seinfelds George once said, "do they know about shrinkage"? Yep, water cured buds shrink a bit with the water just like George.

Air Dried- Pros: Better looking, more smell and terpenes, better taste. Cons: harsher to smoke, buds will stink in your pocket, more time to cure before smoking.

When I need to go somewhere without stinking everyone around me with a skunk in my pocket, water cure buds are perfect. Very discreet.

I’m speechless :adore:

Thank you so much for that awesome info OG
:green_heart:
You put a few minutes into that, Im very appreciative ….and that was super informative !

Bud washing is not water curing to bud wash you need 3 five gal buckets filled with room temp water first bucket put in 1/2 cup lemon juice & 1/2 cup baking soda grab a bud & dunk & gently swish around & the rinse off the same way with the 2 other buckets with just water , hang & put a fan on them for a day or so then just hang dry till ready
Thank you Con
This is what I’ve done in the past and what I’ve just done again 👍

Purple Punch Auto is down !
Day 70 from soil
Day 50 flower

This was a nice little plant, it did well moving outside and gave me some nice nuggets. It was my last seed of 3 and they were all good plants.
There is some worm 🐛 damage on a few buds, a casualty of the pest prob last month no doubt, but they’re trimmable and I’ll drown out the rest in the bucket of Lemonade wash !! Little F…ers

Letting them soak for a little bit

IMG_8297.jpeg

This was a nice little plant, it did well moving outside and gave me some nice nuggets. It was my last seed of 3 and they were all good plants.
There is some worm 🐛 damage on a few buds, a casualty of the pest prob last month no doubt, but they’re trimmable and I’ll drown out the rest in the bucket of Lemonade wash !! Little F…ers
Congrats on the nice harvest.:thumb:

Sorry to see the caterpillar damage.

Congrats on the nice harvest.:thumb:

Sorry to see the caterpillar damage.
Thanks Stinker 👍
If it isn’t one thing it’s the other ! Lol
You’ve taken a bigger hit than me , but looks like you’ll still a decent harvest 🙏
I see a couple small chews on the 2 Green Cracks , tiny but that could change quickly.
Hoping to get another week from them if I can, need to get a better look at Trich’s tomorrow

Have a great night

Good afternoon 420

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Drizzly and gray this morning , enjoyed my coffee a little extra and made a little Hollandaise for my
“Dropped eggs on Toast” ! Mmmmm

Mini update:
The 2 Green Cracks are are ready to Go
They are done growing and pistils have all turned . I got a good look at the Trich’s on both plants with my cheapo magnifier thing and they look the same, mostly cloudy, a few clear, and a few amber.
they both had a drink of straight rainwater again yesterday afternoon, it rained this morning also.
I went out and spanked the water off of them when the rain stopped, gonna let them dry up for a few days before Chop

Thanks for watching

Good afternoon 420

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Drizzly and gray this morning , enjoyed my coffee a little extra and made a little Hollandaise for my
“Dropped eggs on Toast” ! Mmmmm

Mini update:
The 2 Green Cracks are are ready to Go
They are done growing and pistils have all turned . I got a good look at the Trich’s on both plants with my cheapo magnifier thing and they look the same, mostly cloudy, a few clear, and a few amber.
they both had a drink of straight rainwater again yesterday afternoon, it rained this morning also.
I went out and spanked the water off of them when the rain stopped, gonna let them dry up for a few days before Chop

Thanks for watching

Congrats on the chop & the soon to be chopped some nice looking bud coming

Congrats on the chop & the soon to be chopped some nice looking bud coming
Thanks Con
I Appreciate it ! Cant wait to try the Green sativa, supposed to have a good flavor.
Wish I was sharing some bud and catching some Fish with you , looks awesome !
Be safe and always Enjoy yourself out there

Since it kills the smell is it affecting the terpene profile? Have you tried water cured vs regular cured? If so was there any potency loss? Enquiring minds wanna know!! Happy Monday!! 😎✌️

Since it kills the smell is it affecting the terpene profile? Have you tried water cured vs regular cured? If so was there any potency loss? Enquiring minds wanna know!! Happy Monday!! 😎✌️

Yes, in my above post, it compares both water cured vs regular. I do both because I wind up with two different products...Water cured seems more potent, but the buds shrink so it may have to do with that, I'm not sure. You can also take a really big hit with water cured buds and hardly feel it in your lungs, (until the effects kick in) its very smooth and easy to over do....There is a huge loss in flavor with water cured buds, but not the effects.

I prefer air dried buds, but keep a small portion to water cure... Water cured buds are ready to smoke in a lot less time, so if your in a rush to try your harvest, water cured will allow you to sample while the rest of your (air dried) buds take months to cure...

Quick recap:

Back
Top Bottom