You'll love the SF-2000, my SF-1000 is 4 years in now and built like a tank. It runs very cool as well, (in fact, i could use a little more heat)

Thanks for the review of Coast of Maine, I've been eyeing that for quite some time (platinum blend). I have a pet rabbit and grind the manure up using a coffee grinder. (no, its not used to make coffee anymore). So, I do a little "wheelbarrow" too if that makes sense.

Looking forward to watching your grow!
*....sniff sniff...."these.coffee grounds smell kinda ripe.." :smokin:

Does neem oil kill insects or just prevent them? If it kills em, you might find the culprits little corpse below on the soil somewhere...gobbled up some breakfast and died. Looks like a caterpillar from the circular chew motion. Could be a lot of things though. 🙏🏻

I started having a little bug prob the other day…..
I’ve been using Capt’n jack Neem spray as a preventative but doesnt seem to be helping this ?

Does anyone recognize who the culprit is here ?
I cant find anything anywhere on the plants
WooHoo! I agree with Jiggy, looks like catapilar damage. I found 1 on my plant, with similar damage.

Bacillus Thuringiensis Kurstaki Strain will kill em. I use Beauveria Bassiana, which is a fungus that attacks insect pests.

WooHoo! I agree with Jiggy, looks like catapilar damage. I found 1 on my plant, with similar damage.
Ok
I was thinking a caterpillar 🐛 but wasnt sure of myself
I have combed thru the plants cant find a bug !!

What do you guys recommend for them ??

Bacillus Thuringiensis Kurstaki Strain will kill em. I use Beauveria Bassiana, which is a fungus that attacks insect pests.
Replied before I saw this ….!!
Thanks carmen
Is this stuff readily available at local places ?

Replied before I saw this ….!!
Thanks carmen
Is this stuff readily available at local places ?
The Bacillus should be available at the local garden shop or online. @StoneOtter found Beauveria Bassiana online and perhaps he can point you in the right direction in the US.

I’ve been using Capt’n jack Neem spray as a preventative but doesnt seem to be helping this ?

Caterpillars is a good answer. Look at the undersides of the leaves for them, they can be very small and blend in with the color of the leaves.
ALSO, do you have grasshoppers? They eat the hell out of leaves of all kinds of plants. You will see ragged edged holes and chew areas similar to what you have there. They are a major PITA here and hide very well when you approach. Again, check under the leaves and all around the stems. They will skirt around that stem as they see you. They come in all kinds of colors too.

On one of my outdoor clones:

1721505815323.png

The Bacillus should be available at the local garden shop or online. @StoneOtter found Beauveria Bassiana online and perhaps he can point you in the right direction in the US.
Hi, got mine at Build a Soil. There's two types there. One more for foliar use and the other for soil drenching. I got both.

It might be BT time through Dunks though. Similar to Stinkers above reply. Bust up a Dunk in a 5 gallon pail and fill it with water and get it bubbling if you can for 24 hours. Filter the dunks and water with the water, it has the BT in it now.

Caterpillars is a good answer. Look at the undersides of the leaves for them, they can be very small and blend in with the color of the leaves.
ALSO, do you have grasshoppers? They eat the hell out of leaves of all kinds of plants. You will see ragged edged holes and chew areas similar to what you have there. They are a major PITA here and hide very well when you approach. Again, check under the leaves and all around the stems. They will skirt around that stem as they see you. They come in all kinds of colors too.

On one of my outdoor clones:

1721505815323.png
Oh !
Been seeing some hornets carrying tiny grasshoppers into my tubular patio furniture lately !!

Aaaaargh……I’ll grab some spray from somewhere in the morning

Thank you so much everybody 💕

Gonna roll up a spliff of Purple Lemonade and take the Iron Horse out for a stroll

Hi, got mine at Build a Soil. There's two types there. One more for foliar use and the other for soil drenching. I got both.
👍
It might be BT time through Dunks though.
Not familiar with this term ?

Similar to Stinkers above reply. Bust up a Dunk in a 5 gallon pail and fill it with water and get it bubbling if you can for 24 hours. Filter the dunks and water with the water, it has the BT in it now.
I will read up on this procedure in the AM
Thank you so much
You guys are the best
Great site

It might be BT time through Dunks though. Similar to Stinkers above reply. Bust up a Dunk in a 5 gallon pail and fill it with water and get it bubbling if you can for 24 hours. Filter the dunks and water with the water, it has the BT in it now.
Thank you Otter!

The mosquito "dunks" are used for fungus gnats. The BT (bacillus thuringiensis) in the caterpillar killer is a different strain from that.
👍

Not familiar with this term ?
Mosquito killer, also targets fungus gnats. Don't buy the dunks. Definitely look out for the correct strain BT.

I just pick the caterpillars off and release them on other plants across the yard. Perhaps making a butterfly garden somewhere away from the garden would help designate them to that area instead of on the cannabis...🤔
🦋💕🐛
(Just thinking out loud).

I just pick the caterpillars off and release them on other plants across the yard. Perhaps making a butterfly garden somewhere away from the garden would help designate them to that area instead of on the cannabis...🤔
🦋💕🐛
(Just thinking out loud).
Krisi does that too. I guess if it is only one or two then that's a nice thing to do. If it's too many then spray.

Thank you Otter!

The mosquito "dunks" are used for fungus gnats. The BT (bacillus thuringiensis) in the caterpillar killer is a different strain from that.

Mosquito killer, also targets fungus gnats. Don't buy the dunks. Definitely look out for the correct strain BT.
Whoops!
Monterey bt is what I've used in the past for bud rot from moth and butterfly larva getting in buds. Your more focused approach may be a better way to go! Are you saying Beauveria Bassiana will do the job? Edit: After reading and seeing your thoughts this spring(not necessarily in that order) I thought so and am using it for that this grow as well as for mites etc.

Kinda looks like some of my leaves grass hoppers but your girls are looking great

Back
Top Bottom