These things are kinda fun to grow with.
I'm inclined to agree, Azi !

(ATF, day 70 in her diy SIP)
ATF SIP.jpg

She looks really good, Carcass! Happy Smokin'

Nuttin' but Dots so far, RD- they're 10 weeks in now, supposed to last another 6 weeks, but we'll see about that... 🤔
*I do add a bit of Aloe Vera powder once a week or so, but it doesn't do much...adds a few vitamins, I think.

Ahoy There SIP Club,
Aye, the skipper @Azimuth let me know to post up for muster. This here be proof of me membership. :love:

P.S. Basement Garden is flood prone. Double sump pumps help me sleep better in the wet season.

Welcome to the Club, @Maritimer ! We hope you enjoy your stay, although we do joke that membership is much like The Hotel California in the Eagles' song, in that you can check in but you can never leave. :laughtwo:

Honestly I can't imagine growering with anything else. I like the performance of hydro (or nearly so) with the ease of soil, and in my case the ability to go organic.

Looking forward to watch your grow in those boxes. Hard to tell from the photo but I assume you have enough space in the back to get in to pour water down the fill tubes?

At what day are you guys flipping your plants? I'm at day 36 and I'm thinking it's probably about time.
Probably depends as much on your environment than anything. I grow In 2 Gallon buckets with maximum head room of 36" so I flip shorter than most, but I think @Buds Buddy did something like 8 weeks on the 4x4 he was intending to fill with one plant.

Hey SIP Club!
I have been thrust into the world of photos after a friend gave me 4 clones. Two are in SIPs and no surprise they are doing amazing compared to the two in fabric pots.
A few questions:

Do I train like I would an auto in veg? I did top her already.

When I flip to flower how much will she grow. I don’t mind her being big but probably not @Buds Buddy big!

Any idea how many nodes to keep? For an auto I top and keep 3 nodes. I haven’t really eliminated bottom nodes on this one yet because I was afraid I shouldn’t.

Thanks for your help!

Here’s a few pics.
E3C9B8A9-E257-4BC1-8A90-7BCA14EF6689.jpeg
27B6364F-FBC8-4178-B8AA-C574E4EBCACA.jpeg
C077FEAE-8BCF-4D5A-9377-84F8A788E520.jpeg

Hey SIP Club!
I have been thrust into the world of photos after a friend gave me 4 clones. Two are in SIPs and no surprise they are doing amazing compared to the two in fabric pots.
A few questions:

Do I train like I would an auto in veg? I did top her already.

When I flip to flower how much will she grow. I don’t mind her being big but probably not @Buds Buddy big!

Any idea how many nodes to keep? For an auto I top and keep 3 nodes. I haven’t really eliminated bottom nodes on this one yet because I was afraid I shouldn’t.

Thanks for your help!

Here’s a few pics.
E3C9B8A9-E257-4BC1-8A90-7BCA14EF6689.jpeg
27B6364F-FBC8-4178-B8AA-C574E4EBCACA.jpeg
C077FEAE-8BCF-4D5A-9377-84F8A788E520.jpeg
I remove the bottom 2 nodes. Top between the 4th & 5th node. Then LST the 4 remaining branches. The farther out you LST the branches the more all the side branches that come off the 4 main branches will grow upward & give you more bud sites.

I do much like Buds does. Quadlining link in my sig.

As the interbranches start to fill in, I remove the nodes facing both up and down and leave those going side to side as the nodes spiral around the branch. That helps thin things out a bit and helps maintain everything more even since the ones coming straight up want to claim dominance and we can't have that.

You're wasting 50% of the light with those so why not make up a tin foil hat to reflect that up light down to the plants?
Hey Shed, thanks for piping up. Yeah a real problem vis a vis orientation and positioning with this ‘corn light’ style. When I was using in the attic I had supplemental sunshine through skylights and I placed the light upright with plants in a circle around it. Light is rated at 100,000 lumen - at 100 watts. The latter I've confirmed, the former I find hard to believe and so does my Photone app. All of the issues here seem to be similar to those of incandescents, except the heat that is, so how to capture the extra light? I do have a DIY/photography reflector that I made which can give an almost 190ppf increase if deployed a certain way, but, more importantly, it fills in dark spots. Unfortunately I have to remove it to take pics but its just your basic, cheap, umbrella reflector. I also have installed these little 25w led for some "red" light.
187A991B-3315-4660-817A-DBBDB668ADA1.jpeg
Probably a coincidence but a lot of shiny ✨ showed up on the buds and leaves in the 48 hrs after installation.
55FCA6B8-18BA-4089-8B1B-63ECB8F77C94.jpeg

I don’t know how long these Yumboldt Autos are meant to grow but these seem fast to me. They germinated February 1-4, and I’ve had them under a light 24/7, because they’re just experiments 🔬 - I’ve always got a few slightly weird things going - like SIPs a few yrs ago! I want to do tissue culture cloning so I’m slowly working towards developing that capability.

However, I’m counting on necessity really being the mother of invention… because being this broke creates a lot of necessity. Lol.
Ahoy There SIP Club,
Aye, the skipper @Azimuth let me know to post up for muster. This here be proof of me membership. :love:

P.S. Basement Garden is flood prone. Double sump pumps help me sleep better in the wet season.
Welcome aboard matey! The only thing that impressses this crusty sailor more than a luvly pump, like the one you’ve got there, is a redundant one waiting backstage for its big moment. So beautiful, Aaaaaarrrrggh!

What have you got there in those Earth Boxes and lone DIY? Gonna be a nice canopy I bet. I hope you’re journaling these and if so I hope you tag me in. Love to know and see more.

One more entry for our luvly group SIP thread (btw Avi, hope you didn’t mind the nomination. It’s really turned out great)
7C641900-35E6-449A-8109-D2538A1B67C7.jpeg

So this is a Gorilla Glue #4. She’s in one of my 5x5 tents (The Burn Unit). She’s under a 1000w KB led bar light (3200k + FR&UV) that kicks out 2950 PPFD when cranked up. Good thing too, because this strain can handle some truly awesome light levels.
53312D4F-5598-4966-A7E1-07557245B941.jpeg

She was a Mother plant. I was on my way to the recycling bin with her in a 3 gallon soft pot when I thought hmmm…. Maybe I oughtta flower it out instead? I had the space, and few other immediate opportunities given my other moms were killed off, and I can’t afford seeds.…. so I flowered both gg4, staggered by 3-4 weeks, and scrogged the first one in the other 5x5.(pic immediately below)
6375A89F-69AA-41C1-AA67-C8402BB11E47.jpeg

She transplanted well even though she was mature, which I attribute to the small original pot size and SIP’s very steady, stress free enviro.

These SIPs utilize a 7 gallon nursery pot and a 10 gallon, low profile Rubbermaid tote as reservoir, connected by a 4 inch perforated pipe stuffed with soil. Feel free to DM if you’d like details for constructing. I wanted to find out how much water I could keep onboard and whether it might become anaerobic over time given the long periods between fills. I found that there was no problem and airstones etc wasn’t needed even for a larger onboard rez. of this size. Of course that doesn’t mean I didn’t add one anyway! Which I did about 2-3 weeks ago (last time I filled the rez) And that is no doubt what precipitated this:
4D774353-3F9F-4C38-B6FA-5FDA63B95BB9.jpeg

Wow! I’m running a very weird SIP slash DWC monster.

By comparison here’s some pics of the scrogged mamma gg4’s rootball, the one with no air stone.
F2066CBC-FFEA-4728-8122-CBADF47C73BE.jpeg

C290B5D8-86BD-44FC-938A-C1DFA04EA909.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed

Yeah I'm not to far away from UK.. Just across the pond in little old Eire. Have u tried any out door strain for our climate? Do u then use a AC in summer for flowering and drying to get those lower temps.? Curious s of you're set up, venting etc. I have no choice to grow in my bed room.
Erin Go Bragh! CL🍀

Hello colleagues from the SIP club. I would like to show you my first attempt at SIP. I think it couldn't have turned out any better, this Bubble Kush was 8 weeks in veg and 9 weeks in flower and today she went to the ground and she is a brutal girl. I would also like to thank @Azimuth for showing me the SIP thanks and here are finally some photos.
IMG_20230322_184000.jpg
IMG_20230322_183955.jpg
IMG_20230322_183815.jpg
IMG_20230322_183811.jpg
IMG_20230322_180421.jpg
IMG_20230322_180416.jpg
IMG_20230322_175437.jpg
IMG_20230322_175429.jpg
IMG_20230322_175419.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.
Very impressive work 👍. CL🍀

Back